Search

Three United offers reserved just for you

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2004, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Three United offers reserved just for you

Just received the following e-mail this morning. I guess it is targeted, because my wife didn't get the e-mail.

Flights have to be departed from IAD, I guess I will need to move my DCA flights.

We'd like to make sure United is your airline of choice for your travels to and from Washington, so we're extending you these special opportunities for flights in and out of Dulles.

1. Double miles: All your paid, qualifying* roundtrips through December 15, 2004, will earn double miles that also count toward elite status.

2. Complimentary passes to United Red Carpet Club: Upon completion of one paid, qualifying* roundtrip, you will receive two one-time passes to United Red Carpet Club.

3. Up to three Confirmed Regional Upgrades: Upon completion of two paid, qualifying* roundtrips, you will receive one Confirmed Regional Upgrade allowing you to upgrade to the next class of service on a future flight. Fly four paid, qualifying* roundtrips and you'll receive two Confirmed Regional Upgrades, or fly six paid, qualifying* roundtrips to receive three Confirmed Regional Upgrades.

* Qualifying roundtrips are flights in and out of Dulles on United, United Express or Ted .

We hope to welcome you on board a United flight soon.

Book your flights by November 15th
and travel between March 15 and December 15, 2004,
to receive these exclusive offers—no registration necessary.

[This message has been edited by UA_Flyer (edited Mar 13, 2004).]
Old Mar 12, 2004, 5:18 am

If no registration is necessary, I'm wondering how it can easily be targetted
Old Mar 12, 2004, 5:21 am

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
Could you share your travel pattern, such as non-IAD, non-leisure/discount, all international, absence from UA flights for some time, etc?
Old Mar 12, 2004, 6:11 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Starman:
If no registration is necessary, I'm wondering how it can easily be targetted</font>
It would be targeted because United knows which customers they sent it to... and have signed them up.

Thus, if you did not get the email... you are not targeted.

William
Old Mar 12, 2004, 6:12 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I received the e-mail too. 1K here.

Wow, that means that if have flown 0 miles so far this year (not the case) I only need to fly 50,000 to re-qualify for 1K, get the double miles, upgrades and RCC passes.

WOW!!
Old Mar 12, 2004, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
I got the email and fly out of IAD almost exclusively, unfortunately for me I've already booked my flights for the next 3 months and a long trip for November -- bummer.

[This message has been edited by GoingAway (edited Mar 12, 2004).]
Old Mar 12, 2004, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Warrenlm:
Could you share your travel pattern, such as non-IAD, non-leisure/discount, all international, absence from UA flights for some time, etc?</font>
Received this offer too late... I am flying DCA-ORD-NRT-SIN tomorrow and return next week on discounted Y fare....

Regarding your question, I usually fly almost 70% of my UA flights on transpacific routes (out of IAD), but this year I have been switching to DCA because of the mess at IAD check-in and security-lines.

I do make about a dozen annual family trips to FLL/MCO/PBI from BWI on Southwest and laterly on US from DCA, but I intend to switch to Ted this year..... perhaps UA is trying to get me to fly TED to Florida out of IAD??

[This message has been edited by UA_Flyer (edited Mar 13, 2004).]
Old Mar 12, 2004, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

chix...caution. It says:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">so we're extending you these special opportunities for flights in and out of Dulles.

1. Double miles: All your paid, qualifying* roundtrips through December 15, 2004, will earn double miles that also count toward elite status.</font>
So this could mean that only the actual flights in and out of IAD would earn the double miles. Not double miles on all of your United flights.
Old Mar 12, 2004, 9:54 am

Programs: UA1P, HH Gold
I just got this too. Can't believe it--I'm never targeted for anything. As for travel patterns, almost every flight I take is in and out of Dulles (occasionally I use DCA for Chicago flights). I've been a 2P since 11/02, but currently on target to make 1P by the end of this year. Have flown just over 10,000 miles since January 1, all domestic.

[This message has been edited by Lpas (edited Mar 12, 2004).]
Old Mar 12, 2004, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
So this could mean that only the actual flights in and out of IAD would earn the double miles. Not double miles on all of your United flights.</font>
Good catch.

[This message has been edited by GoingAway (edited Mar 12, 2004).]
Old Mar 12, 2004, 10:16 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM
I didn't get this - what a bummer. I'm into Dulles about once a month (DEN-IAD). Maybe that's why I DIDN'T get the notice.
Old Mar 12, 2004, 10:22 am

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
i dont know why everyone always trys to figure out patterns behind the targeting of these promotions. from what i have seen in my short time here, as far as the details people give, there is usually no apparent rhyme or reason as to why some are picked and others are not.
Old Mar 12, 2004, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriot Gold
I'm a 1P out of Dulles, sometimes I use BWI. I didn't get this, I have 4 RTs in the next 3 weeks ...
Old Mar 12, 2004, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, yada yada yada
Well, they say they're interested in those who fly "to and from" DC, but it looks like they're really targeting those who fly "from and to" DC -- residents of the area. Did anyone not living in/around DC get the email?

If not, I wonder why, because those like me who fly "to and from" DC almost weekly, particularly from the Bay Area, LA and other points west, also have highly competitive options. . . .
Old Mar 12, 2004, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K
Dulles is my "home airport" and I am a UA 1K and did not receive this promotion. So it is clearly targeted to a very specific group. I also found that MP is clueless about the terms of a promotion. I called to verify the terms of the 5000 mile bonus per trip and it took half an hour before a supervisor would agree to "guess" about the terms. During most of the time, the CSR and the supervisor kept berating me for not keeping the UA e-mail (I had the promo #, but that was of little use to them).

------------------
UA 1K

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.