Old Jan 20, 2004, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Fly Two Times and the Third Is on United

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040120/cgtu094_1.html

Press Release Source: United Airlines

Fly Two Times and the Third Is on United
Tuesday January 20, 5:21 pm ET
United Mileage Plus Members Flying Between New York, Newark and Boston To Select California Cities Can Earn a Free Roundtrip Ticket to Anywhere United Flies

CHICAGO, Jan. 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Fly two times and the third is on us: United Airlines (OTC Bulletin Board: UALAQ - News) today announced that all registered Mileage Plus members who fly two paid, qualifying roundtrips on United nonstop service between New York City/Newark/Boston and select cities in California from now through April 15, 2004 will receive a free* roundtrip economy class ticket to anywhere United flies.

"Free award travel doesn't come any easier than this," said Martin White, United's senior vice president of Marketing. "With 184 airports in 22 countries to choose from, United passengers can now take full advantage of United's unmatched global route network by taking the trip they've always wanted -- and we'll pay for the ticket."

Qualifying roundtrips are flights between: New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO); Boston and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO); Newark and Los Angeles (LAX). Qualifying roundtrips cannot include a Saturday night stay.

Customers can register and review terms and conditions for this offer by visiting united.com/1for2 or by calling 1-800-447-6772, code 716 within the United States or, outside the United States, by calling their local United office. Passengers must register prior to travel. Taxes and fees related to free award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. Award tickets are valid for travel between April 16, 2004 and April 15, 2005.

About Mileage Plus

Enjoy award travel worldwide with United Mileage Plus. With over 43 million enrolled members, Mileage Plus has been voted the number one frequent flyer program by readers of Business Traveler magazine for eight years running. Mileage Plus members can earn miles and redeem awards to nearly 700 destinations in more than 120 countries when you fly United or any one of the 15 Star Alliance(TM) member airlines. Mileage Plus members also can earn and redeem miles with nine other non-Star Alliance partner airlines. Earn miles when you stay at a hotel, rent a car, make a long-distance phone call, make a purchase on your Mileage Plus Visa®, dine at a restaurant, shop or invest online -- and more -- with over 100 Mileage Plus partners around the world. For more information or to enroll, visit united.com/mileageplus.

About United Airlines

United and United Express operate more than 3,400 flights a day on a route network that spans the globe. News releases and other information about United can be found at the company's web site at www.united.com .

TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Offer valid on qualifying, paid published fares in United First, United Business or United Economy. Offer valid for travel between January 20, 2004 and April 15, 2004. Travel must be completed by April 15, 2004. Offer valid on the following nonstop flights between: New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX), New York (JFK) and San Francisco (SFO), Boston and Los Angeles (LAX), Boston and San Francisco (SFO), or Newark and Los Angeles (LAX only). Offer valid upon completion of two eligible qualifying roundtrips. A roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the outbound destination city back to the first origin city with all segments on United. Offer is combinable with other offers. Valid for residents of the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Registration is required. Must be a Mileage Plus member to participate in the offer. Valid only on flights operated by United and not on United-marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers. A maximum of two award tickets may be earned by any individual. Flights must be credited to the Mileage Plus account in order to qualify. Qualifying roundtrip cannot include a Saturday night stay. Not valid on government fares. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

Free Economy Award Ticket Terms & Conditions: Free Award tickets are valid for Economy class roundtrip travel systemwide on flights marketed and operated by United, United Express and Ted only. Award tickets can only be booked through United Airlines. Members will be notified 6-8 weeks after qualifying travel is completed. Free ticket will be ticketed as United Economy Saver Award. Award tickets valid for travel between April 16, 2004 and April 15, 2005. Award ticket must be booked by April 1, 2005. Destinations subject to change. No stopovers or circle trips allowed. Tickets must be booked in Economy XY booking class. Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or on all days of the week. Free award ticket is transferable. May not be bartered or sold. Not upgradeable. Award travel must be booked at least 14 days prior to departure and must include a Saturday night stay. Maximum stay is 30 days. Award ticket does not accrue Mileage Plus miles or earn miles toward elite status. No changes can be made after ticketed departure date for any portion of the ticket. Changes made before departure are subject to a service charge of $100. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
# Free Ticket Additional Taxes/Fees: Taxes and fees related to the free award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. The passenger is responsible for all applicable taxes/fees for the free award travel, which may include the September 11th Security Fee of up to $10 maximum per roundtrip, Passenger Facility charges of up to $18 depending on itinerary, and a $3.10 per flight segment tax. A flight segment is defined as one take-off and one landing. Award travel for Alaska does not include a $6.90 (each way) international departure tax. Award travel for San Juan, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands does not include a $13.70 (each way) international arrival and departure tax. All international award travel is subject to U.S. arrival and departure taxes and agricultural, immigrations and customs fees of up to $40. For travel to some countries, additional airport, transportation, embarkation, security, duty, equalization and passenger service taxes/surcharges of up to $48 will apply depending on destination. For return travel from some countries, fares do not include airport and/or departure taxes of up to $36, which may be collected by the foreign government. United may change Mileage Plus program rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers, or terminate the Mileage Plus program at any time and without notice. Mileage Plus participation may not be permitted in some countries. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. Refer to promotion code MPD 414.

Worldwide Communications:
Media Relations Office: 847.700.5538
Evenings/Weekends: 847.700.4088

Source: United Airlines
Old Jan 20, 2004, 3:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Sure took them a long time to match AA on this
Old Jan 20, 2004, 3:35 pm
glg

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tom911:
Sure took them a long time to match AA on this </font>
I'm a little surprised that they did. AA doesn't fly to SYD.

But they put more stringent limits on it. Only to LAX/SFO, not to any discount markets. No Sat stay, so pretty much no T's or S's.
Old Jan 20, 2004, 3:45 pm

Not true GLG, I just booked JFK-SFO-JFK leaving on a Mon, returning Fri for $336, 'S' fare. No Sat night!
Old Jan 20, 2004, 3:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I just played with some Feb weekday dates and came up with $256RT SFO-JFK, so not bad if you're going to score a free SYD ticket out of that. I was able to get some fares as low as $176 on AA on the same route without Sat night stays.
Old Jan 20, 2004, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally posted by sfpaul900
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Not true GLG, I just booked JFK-SFO-JFK leaving on a Mon, returning Fri for $336, 'S' fare. No Sat night!</font>
At the end of last week there were $211 JFK-SFO roundtrips with only a 7-day advance requirement (no Saturday night stay). The pricing has been kind of wacky: 2 days earlier the same JFK-SFO non-stops were around $450. I'm guessing it's a fare war with HP, who now flies this non-stop.
Old Jan 20, 2004, 6:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Hm.. so this appeals to business travelers and crazed non-overnighting mileage runners. Very interesting on UA's side.

I'm glad this one won't be flooded too badly.

Eh, this must have been retracted.. since the link doesn't work.. and the Offer Code is not recognized by the phoneline. Pfft.

[This message has been edited by izzik (edited Jan 20, 2004).]
Old Jan 20, 2004, 7:03 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
I didn't have any problem registering.
Old Jan 20, 2004, 7:07 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I wonder if travel has to ORIGINATE in BOS, JFK or EWR... or could I do this:?

ROC-IAD-JFK-LAX-JFK-IAD-ROC?

What do the experts think?

William
Old Jan 20, 2004, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
What if i bought a fare that didnt require a sat night stay but it was book so I stay over the weekend??
-howie
Old Jan 20, 2004, 7:54 pm

I purchased a RT ticket SFO/JFK for $176.00, just last week.
Old Jan 20, 2004, 8:00 pm

Howie -

If you stay over a Saturday night, no matter what the fare terms are, you lose. The offer terms are very clear: "Qualifying roundtrip cannot include a Saturday night stay."
Old Jan 20, 2004, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Customers can register and review terms and conditions for this offer by visiting united.com/1for2....</font>
Link doesn't work....

Kathy

[This message has been edited by KathyWdrf (edited Jan 20, 2004).]
Old Jan 20, 2004, 8:23 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, UA Premier
I just spoke with the 1K desk and they say that the travel must originate EAST -&gt; WEST.

Is this true?

Has anyone else challenged UA on this?
Old Jan 20, 2004, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SNA 1Ker:
I just spoke with the 1K desk and they say that the travel must originate EAST -&gt; WEST.

Is this true?

Has anyone else challenged UA on this?
</font>
That would suck!

Kathy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.