Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Photo TripReport: Guinness, Trinity, Walking around Dublin- Another LH C Trip Report!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Photo TripReport: Guinness, Trinity, Walking around Dublin- Another LH C Trip Report!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Smile Photo TripReport: Guinness, Trinity, Walking around Dublin- Another LH C Trip Report!

After going on a Colorless US Trip on UA, and became Sleepless in Taipei, the next segment of my five-stop in five weeks business trip took me to Dublin Ireland....a nice change of continent and pace.

I am not sure what type of photo trip report it will be. I am in the middle of my fourth leg of the trip, and have not had any chance to go through in details of the 1,000+photos I took at the airport, inside of the planes and on the gound in Dublin.

In the next a few days, I will start organizing the photos and posting them here. The Sleepless Taipei thread should conclude shortly after i have chance to post the last couple batches of photos.

It was wonderful to visit Dublin, a beautiful city with a historical past!

Stay tuned!

My other photo trip reports can be accessed by click on the titles below:

Sleepless in Taipei - Cattle Class over Taiwan Strait on CA/CX!
Colorlessly Stuck in a Time Trap Trip - Another UA F/C Transpac Trip!
Plaza Mayor/Heldenplatz, MAD/VIE, LH & 1st time on Austrian/Adria Airways!
Time Square Loses its Colors...Not Just Another UA Trip Report!
Godiva, Neuhaus, LH/KA C, CX Wing & SAS Lounge
iPhone Photo Report:PEK-FRA-ZRH-MUC-PEK on LH/LX Business Class
Round-the World on UA (new F Suite), SQ A380/77W (Business), LH 744 (Business) and BD A320 (Business)

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Jun 10, 2010 at 2:36 pm
Old Jun 7, 2010, 1:24 am
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Hola UA_Flyer,

You are such a teaser. Looking forward to another excellent report from you. ^
Old Jun 8, 2010, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Pre-Departure

My trip started with a recap/reminise of the airplanes and airlines I took in my three previous trips (and trip reports in this forum). There is the Austrian 767 - a wonderful inflight catering experience, the UA 744 upper deck C (after downgrade myself from 777F voluntarily) and the Air China flights that took me part of the way across the Taiwan strait in my previous trip report.

LH 744 is my most flown aircraft this year. I have had more Asia-EU trips this year than past years, and there is another one scheduled later this week, next month, and next quarter. I am looking forward to the switch to A380 on FRA-PEK-FRA later this year

It was a miserable polluted morning in Beijing. From the picture above, you can see how dark the sky was at 9:30 am in the morning.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

On Board of PEK-FRA

It is becoming a bit of a challenge to find subject matters to take photos on the LH 744. This was my 4th LH 744 flight this year, and there are four more to go in the next a few weeks. One thing I am trying is to change seat on each flight. For this particular flight, I took the exit row in row 9. I was warned of the close by toliet and traffic, but I figure I had to try it to get a feel (or smell) for it myself.

LH Attendents are always professional. Pre-departure drinks were served as soon as passengers are sitted, and they are always willing to help with storing overhead luggages.

Another thing I like about LH is its offering of reading materials. As you can see, there are a nice varieties of magazines in three different languages in addition to several newspaper choices including USA Today on this Asia-EU flight.

Extra leg space is the advantage of the exit row and bulkhead seats. Unlike UA's older configuration on the 777, bulkhead business class seats, which have less leg space.

Although I am right next to the galley and lavatory, the noise was at minimum and it did not bother me the whole flight, and there was no undeserving smell.

New amenity bag (at least it has been new since later April). It is definitely an improvement over the previous bag. The contents remain the same.

I was puzzled by the Avatar cover on the in-flight entertainment magazine when the movie was not included as a choice in the entertainment system.

A couple of readers of my previous trip reports asked me about the iPhone camera quality and frequency of use during my trip. You can be the judge of the quality of the photos shown in this particular post. Almost half of the photos shown in this post were taken with my iPhone, one with Nikon DSL, and the rest were taken with a half-broken 4-year old Canon pocket digital camera.

Next batch of photos to post: In-flight meals

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Jun 22, 2010 at 12:48 am
Old Jun 9, 2010, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Thanks for the pics TR, I love the b/w photos. ^
Old Jun 9, 2010, 9:35 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Another thing I like about LH is its offering of reading materials. As you can see, there are a nice varieties of magazines in three different languages in addition to several newspaper choices including USA Today on this Asia-EU flight.
For the longest time LH's menus were printed in German, English and Spanish (at least on transatlantic flights). LH has to be the only carrier that has a Spanish version on its menus that is not destination specific.

The new J kit looks so much better than the previous one that seemed to be designed for the golfer in mind.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

LH PEK-FRA In-flight Service

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Jun 10, 2010 at 3:12 pm
Old Jun 11, 2010, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Landing Approach Frankfurt Airport

Old Jun 11, 2010, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Senator Lounge above Gate B43 (iPhone Photos)

Old Jun 12, 2010, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

LH Frankfurt to Dublin

Old Jun 13, 2010, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Dublin Conrad

Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aw
You are such a teaser. Looking forward to another excellent report from you. ^
Perhaps I may end up teasing myself. Dublin is the third stop of the five consecutive week of a five-stop trip, but the work demand has really slowed me down in organizing the photos for posting in this thread. . I have uploaded about 60+ photos in this tread so far.....and none of photos are from my walking tour of Dublin.

Originally Posted by aw
The new J kit looks so much better than the previous one that seemed to be designed for the golfer in mind.
There is another J kit (special edition@:-)).... I will include the photo in my next photo trip report (4th trip of my five work trips) if I ever get to it. I actually just landed in my 5th location and it is really taking a toll on my mind, body and workload.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Jun 15, 2010 at 3:51 pm
Old Jun 15, 2010, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Traffic in Dublin

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Jun 15, 2010 at 7:33 am
Old Jun 15, 2010, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

St. Stephen's Green, Dublin

Old Jun 15, 2010, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chanp
Thanks for the pics TR, I love the b/w photos. ^
Just managed to go through all the photos for the first time....there will be plenty of B&W posted in this thread later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.