Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

My Trip to Shanghai 18th - 22nd April on SQ from Sin.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2008, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum AMBASSODOR, HHNOURS Gold, Krisflyer Member, SPG Gold Member

Hey guys...Yes finally i am going for my trip to shanghai for pure leisure. I will definately update you guys everyday on my trip. Flight is at 8am on SQ828 and is also my first time being on SQ ( and yes being a Singaporean i haven been one ) Will be staying in 2 hotels..First night will be at Le meridien then will move to St regis...so will update you...!!
Old Apr 19, 2008, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum AMBASSODOR, HHNOURS Gold, Krisflyer Member, SPG Gold Member
Day 1 : Sin - PVG on SQ828 B747-200

Finally, after 4 months of booking my trip the day has finally come. My alarm clock rang and it was time to get up. It was 4:30am and had to be at the airport by 6:00am as my flight to Shanghai was at 8:05am. I knew about the internet check in, but just wanted to try my luck to see if i had any chance of getting a free upgrade( i was hoping only ).

Me and my mom headed to Terminal 3 and we checked in at Row 4. It was around 6:10am, and there wasn't any queue at Row 4. My check in was great and efficient. We had Seat 48H and F( Didn't had any upgrade ). Seems it is the aisle seat. We walked into the departure hall to walk around as it was still early to board the plane. It was 7:05am and was time to walk to Row A3. It doesn't look like a full flight anyway. The plane was a B747-200, below is a picture which i took.

It was 7:30am and was time to board the plane. As usual, First class and business class gets to board first followed by family with children. Then it was my turn to board, i was filled with joy and excitement. The SQ girls greeted us and showed us to our seat. By the way, this is my first time flying on SIA. We got to our seats and it was like quite far back. We had the corner 3 seats but 2 is taken up by us. We were hoping that no one would be seating with us as we wanted to have the whole seats to outselves.

The flight attendant told us that the flight wasn't full as there were only 180 passengers out of 200+ on board. Seems like luck was on us as it was already 8am and there wasn't a single soul boarding into the plane. I took the window seat as i wanted to see the view. The time was 8:15am and only then we had flew off to Shanghai. Next report will be on their service. =)

Last edited by Jon_Heng; Apr 25, 2008 at 12:47 am Reason: Just feel like
Old Apr 19, 2008, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Day 1 ( Part 2 )

We were on the air for about 30 minutes and the SQ girls distributed our headphones so as we could use the in-flight entertainment. The in-flight entertainment had great choices of movies and also music. Was even suprised they have my generation kind of music ( which was RnB and pop ).

A few minutes later, we were served with drinks. We had choices of fruit juice, alcohol. etc. I took apple juice and my mom took Baileys( seriously, so early for alcohol ). So far, the SQ girls was very fast and efficient. They did their job with a smile on their face.

We were also given the menu for what was going to be served during Brunch. Here was what they were serving:

Brunch from Singapore to Shanghai

Appetizer

Smoked salmon with potato salad, lemon

Main courses
Scrambled Eggs with pork sausages and sauteed potatoes

or

Braised pork Belly served with seasonal vegetables and fried rice.

Dessert

Coffee Cake and Fresh Fruits

From the bakery

Roll and butter

Hot beverages

Coffee - Tea

I decided to have the scrambled eggs as i didn't want to have anything heavy in the morning. As for my mom, she had the Fried rice with braised pork. Overall, the meal was ok. Nothing to really shout about but i didn't really like the dessert as it tasted really weird.

The journey from Sin - PVG was a 5hrs 30mins. During the journey in between, i've managed to get an hour sleep. Got up about 12noon plus, and we were soon to reach our destination.

We landed on Shanghai at 1:30pm and i wasn't happy with the landing as it wasn't very smooth. Anyway, when we going out of the plane the SQ girls greeted us with their huge smile. We proceeded to the immigration where it was a long queue.

It took us nearly 30mins to get out of the immigration. We then headed to Belt 7 to pick up our luggage. That's when i waited for another 30mins for my luggage. We thought it was lost but thank god it came. It was time to head out of the arrival hall.

Well, i had arrange with the Le meridien hotel to pick us up from the Pudong airport. When i walked out of the arrival hall, the number of signboards i saw was shocking. I was searching high and low for my name and also the hotel name. Walked abit further up and that's when i spotted the hotel name rather then my name first. Walked closely and saw my name.

Finally, my trip in Shanghai has just begun. I had reserved an Audi A6 to picked us up from the airport. Below is a picture i took of the car with the hotel name printed on it. Please accept my apologies and i just took it very fast as i was too excited about it.

We got into the car where they served us with complimentry bottles of water. We had trouble communticating with the driver as he didn't really understood a question that we ask. The whole ride was about 1 hour long due to the jam. Overall, we enjoyed our car ride from the airport to the le royal meridien hotel. This was the first hotel we chose to stay in Shanghai for 1 night.

We got out of the car and the cold wind just blew straight into our faces. It was so cold that i enjoyed ( wish Singapore has weather like that ).

Next will be the Hotel.

Last edited by Jon_Heng; Apr 25, 2008 at 1:22 am
Old Apr 20, 2008, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Le Royal Meridien Shanghai

Finally after a long ride from the Pudong Airport, we have finally reached our destination. Le Royal Meridien Shanghai.

We were greeted with a huge lobby. In fact it wasnt even the lobby. But it was huge. Our bell boy brought us to the 11th floor, that's where the lobby is located. Once the lift open, a grand and bright reception welcomed us. So far, the people there were great but their English still needs some brushing up.

Anyway, since i as a SPG, i had room 4320 with royal club lounge access on the 44th floor.

Our view from the room was facing Pudong. It was really beautiful and the room is very Modern with an open toilet concept.

Love to decor of the room. Everything was just nice and all in place. So far so good. We headed to the Club lounge for some drinks, when we entered...WOW.

Service is really great. My mom took lots of wines, kahlua and baileys while i just stick to my Soft drinks for now. After a great relaxation, it was time for shopping. We decided to walk around our hotel area since its at Nanjing Road. Shopping there wasnt too good. Maybe because we didnt know where to find.

Well, we were tired and decided to head back to the hotel to the club lounge to have some snacks. They had interesting chinese cuisines like tim sums, some Satay-alike and etc. Wide ranges of wines and alcohol. For this price i paid (S$450) i think it's quite alright.

After our so called dinner, we headed back to the room to really relax. Around 9+pm, we decided to order some room service. So we had potatoe wedges and tom yum goong soup. it took them 10 mins which was fast, but sadly something was wrong. The Soup wasnt even served hot. That's quite bad for a 5 star hotel. We decided to them during our check out the next day.

Next day will be posted tonight... =)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.