FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Trip to Shanghai 18th - 22nd April on SQ from Sin.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 7:04 am
Jon_Heng

Programs: IHG Platinum AMBASSODOR, HHNOURS Gold, Krisflyer Member, SPG Gold Member
Day 1 : Sin - PVG on SQ828 B747-200

Finally, after 4 months of booking my trip the day has finally come. My alarm clock rang and it was time to get up. It was 4:30am and had to be at the airport by 6:00am as my flight to Shanghai was at 8:05am. I knew about the internet check in, but just wanted to try my luck to see if i had any chance of getting a free upgrade( i was hoping only ).

Me and my mom headed to Terminal 3 and we checked in at Row 4. It was around 6:10am, and there wasn't any queue at Row 4. My check in was great and efficient. We had Seat 48H and F( Didn't had any upgrade ). Seems it is the aisle seat. We walked into the departure hall to walk around as it was still early to board the plane. It was 7:05am and was time to walk to Row A3. It doesn't look like a full flight anyway. The plane was a B747-200, below is a picture which i took.

It was 7:30am and was time to board the plane. As usual, First class and business class gets to board first followed by family with children. Then it was my turn to board, i was filled with joy and excitement. The SQ girls greeted us and showed us to our seat. By the way, this is my first time flying on SIA. We got to our seats and it was like quite far back. We had the corner 3 seats but 2 is taken up by us. We were hoping that no one would be seating with us as we wanted to have the whole seats to outselves.

The flight attendant told us that the flight wasn't full as there were only 180 passengers out of 200+ on board. Seems like luck was on us as it was already 8am and there wasn't a single soul boarding into the plane. I took the window seat as i wanted to see the view. The time was 8:15am and only then we had flew off to Shanghai. Next report will be on their service. =)

Last edited by Jon_Heng; Apr 25, 2008 at 12:47 am Reason: Just feel like