Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

RTQ Validator URL not working - anyone else able to use it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTQ Validator URL not working - anyone else able to use it?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2006, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by SLF
I'm not doubting you, but I don't see that in the OW timetable
The OW timetable is wrong.
Edited to add: the latest version, dated 13-JUL-06, now includes this flight.

Last edited by Viajero; Jul 19, 2006 at 5:25 am
Old Jul 18, 2006, 2:13 pm
SLF

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Viajero
The OW timetable is wrong.
LAX-SJO added to "0.95"
Old Jul 18, 2006, 7:20 pm

Programs: OW Emerald (AA-EXP, BA-Gold)
Originally Posted by SLF
I'm not doubting you, but I don't see that in the OW timetable
AA938 operates daily from about mid-Dec through mid-March. I had it as part of a DONE4 in January.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
A fellow OZ FTer has pointed out the cached version is not correctly processing the setting for the 'earn' radio button element when "Qantas status credits (post May 25,2005)" is select. It seems to be giving results for pre May 25 irrespective of this setting.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:42 am
SLF

Originally Posted by serfty
A fellow OZ FTer has pointed out the cached version is not correctly processing the setting for the 'earn' radio button element when "Qantas status credits (post May 25,2005)" is select. It seems to be giving results for pre May 25 irrespective of this setting.
I suspect he/she is not using IE as the browser? Interestingly, this is supremely ironic (FWIW I see the same behaviour with Firefox - i.e. ignoring the selection). I'll try & figure it out (again ). Thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2006, 3:19 am
SLF

Originally Posted by serfty
This should be fixed now. It was a browser-interoperability problem (in the "setearn" function). I don't think I've fixed it in the most elegant way possible (suggestions welcome!) but I have tested it OK on Firefox 1.5.0.5 and IE6.

I've also hidden the list of changes I added in the yellow box at the top - to see these, just choose the "changes" link which will toggle their visibility.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 6:15 am
SLF

GIB is now recognized as a European location for the purposes of counting towards allowed EU sectors on a OWE. Previously it was shown as "intercontinental" - this could have led to the incorrect belief that something like GIB-LHR-DXB-LHR-HEL-LHR-JFK-HKG-LHR-GIB was valid. Force a reload (shift-refresh) if you see unexpected results to ensure your browser isn't working from old data.

Note also that this thread is referenced from the end of the second post in the sticky in this forum (thanks SanDiego1K ) - so it should always be easy to find.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by SLF
GIB is now recognized as a European location for the purposes of counting towards allowed EU sectors on a OWE. Previously it was shown as "intercontinental" - this could have led to the incorrect belief that something like GIB-LHR-DXB-LHR-HEL-LHR-JFK-HKG-LHR-GIB was valid. Force a reload (shift-refresh) if you see unexpected results to ensure your browser isn't working from old data.

Note also that this thread is referenced from the end of the second post in the sticky in this forum (thanks SanDiego1K ) - so it should always be easy to find.
KEF could do with the same treatment as it too is showing up as intercontinental.

Cheers SLF!
Old Aug 1, 2006, 1:26 am
SLF

Originally Posted by sdorling
KEF could do with the same treatment as it too is showing up as intercontinental.
Done. Note that "intercontinental" is a catch-all designation, meaning that the sector didn't match any specific rules. Any sectors showing as "intercontinental" should be scrutinized just in case some rule has been missed.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 11:20 pm
SLF

The 0.95001 version will accept OWE routes with the following:
  • containing spaces (these are discarded)
  • using the "//" notation for a surface sector ("," is already supported)
  • using -xAAA (transit) or -oAAA (stopover) to explicitly indicate transit/stopover in AAA (note the number of stopovers is not checked, this could be a future enhancement)

Thus (from another thread ), the following route will now be processed correctly:
ARN-MAD-GUA-MIA-SXM-JFK//DCA-SLC//SFO-JFK-GIG-SCL-xLAX-HKG-MNL-HKG-SIN-HKG-AMS-MAD-ARN

Last edited by SLF; Aug 17, 2006 at 1:50 am Reason: clarified meaning of "x" & "o"
Old Aug 16, 2006, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, Marriott Titanium
SLF,

First of all, thank you for maintaining this tool. I have a question about the most recent change:
Originally Posted by SLF
The 0.95001 version will accept OWE routes with the following:
using -xAAA or -oXXX to indicate stopover/transit (note the number of stopovers is not checked, this could be a future enhancement)
This implies that "x" is for stopover and "o" is for transit. However, you then use the following example:

ARN-MAD-GUA-MIA-SXM-JFK//DCA-SLC//SFO-JFK-GIG-SCL-xLAX-HKG-MNL-HKG-SIN-HKG-AMS-MAD-ARN

where it seems that "xLAX" indicates a transit. So, which way is it? I would suggest that "x" should be for transit, and "o" should be for stopover since I believe that is the way it shows up on airline tickets (although I don't have any handy to verify this).

FWIW, I've been lurking on this forum for quite a while, and people seem to use "x" sometimes to mean transit and sometimes to mean stopover. Perhaps a standard way of specifying itineraries could be documented and added to the "sticky" so that (hopefully) people will write itineraries in a more consistent manner.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
monster,

You are correct: "x" is transit, "o" is stopover.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 1:54 am
SLF

Originally Posted by monster
So, which way is it? I would suggest that "x" should be for transit, and "o" should be for stopover since I believe that is the way it shows up on airline tickets (although I don't have any handy to verify this).
Thanks monster for pointing this out. Currently in the validator there is no distinction between 'o' & 'x' (they're treated exactly the same - they're ignored!) Unfortunately, I can see that my earlier post carried this lack of distinction over into the explanation where due bad word order I added confusion . I've now edited my earlier post to clarify this
Old Aug 22, 2006, 2:56 am

Programs: QF Gold, SQ, AA, HA
I've noticed a bug in the most recent version concerning the calculation of QF SCs. Flights in the '4801-5800' mileage bracket (eg. BKK-HEL) show up as earning 45 SCs in Y when in fact they earn 35. The values in J and F appear to be correct, however.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 3:23 am
SLF

Originally Posted by mrboh
I've noticed a bug in the most recent version concerning the calculation of QF SCs. Flights in the '4801-5800' mileage bracket (eg. BKK-HEL) show up as earning 45 SCs in Y when in fact they earn 35. The values in J and F appear to be correct, however.
Thanks, done (0.95003). I also verified the other ones against QF's table, they were all OK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.