Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Great iDine Restaurants Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2006, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by scubadiver
Please add:
DCA Signatures Washington DC/Downtown (21)
Ok the post was from 2 years ago, but hasn't this place attained a certain infamy since then?

Too bad all those congressmen weren't paying (Abramoff apparently 'comped' them) - they missed out on a lot of miles!
Old Mar 14, 2006, 7:03 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Orlando Favorite

MCO - Orlando - Town Center Boulevard - Thai/Japanese
Old Mar 21, 2006, 4:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
SFO International Airport Burger Joint report...

Stopped by SFO airport's Burger Joint (food court near International Terminal's "A" gates, land side,) March 19 2006. The (Niman Ranch "natural" beef) yummy burger was quite good (admittedly, I had been in pretty-much-beefless India a bit over three weeks!) and the chocolate shake was the darkest, richest and chocolatiest I've ever had! Not the cheapest, at $22 for two meals, but it was tasty! ^

BTW, iDine's listing as "100 Upper International, San Francisco, CA 94128 US (650) 583-5863" is incorrect. The full address information: International Terminal, Boarding Area A, San Francisco International Airport, Sounth (sic) San Francisco, CA 94128; Tel: (650) 583-5863" is from the restaurant website (http://burgerjointsf.com/) as are hours, cards accepted: Daily 9:00am - 11:30pm; Cash, Visa Mastercard, Amex.

My miles posted forthwith, as well. ^

P.S. / FYI: My SMF / Sacramento restaurant list on Page 2 of this thread is up to date as of June, 2006.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 23, 2006 at 11:26 am Reason: include actual (not incorrect iDine) address information
Old Mar 26, 2006, 12:17 am

SJC/SFO - Peninsula - John Bentley's - New American (25)

Two locations, in Woodside and Redwood City. I haven't tried the Redwood City restaurant, but the Woodside location has excellent food. They only showed up for me after I reached Elite.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 3:41 pm
Original Member

Oakland, California, Italian Restaurant

OAK (and maybe SFO). Oakland, California.

Viva Voce Cafe
5761 Thornhill Dr
Oakland , CA 94611
Phone: (510) 339-0990

In the Oakland Hills, near Montclair Villiage. Good food, good service, nice atmosphere, reaonable prices.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
DCA - Tara Thai

Arlington, on Fairfax Dr. 2 blocks east of Hilton Arlington and Balston MetroRail stop (4001 N Fairfax Drive). Precision food, well presented, with a little creativity thrown in. House microbrews as well.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
DCA - National Grille

2509 Pennslyvania Ave NW, just before the bridge into Georgetown, 3 or 4 blocks west of the Foggy Bottom Metro Stop. Food is nothing special, as pub food goes. Appetizers and sandwiches OK, salads are excellent. Stay away from the entrees.

It has three redeemable features in addition to the salads. Two of which are free wifi and ready access via taxi or Metro Blue line to DCA. Third feature is double miles per dollar, as of April 2006.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 9:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, AS Mileage Plan, SPG Gold
Wink Fish Market and Grill on the Lake in Mission Viejo

SNA

This past Sunday, I went with a few friends to Fish Market and Grill on the Lake in Mission Viejo. 27732 Vista Del Lago, Mission Viejo, CA

Nice views of Lake Mission Viejo. There was Sunday brunch until 4:30 PM. We arrived at 6:30 PM for dinner though. There was a grand piano being played. Nice, except when they seat you 5 feet away from it.

Phenomenal food! We had fish tacos, fried sand dab and chips, my friend had haddock(?) and chips. My friend's wife, who has a part financial interest and some culinary decision authority in Wahoo's Fish Tacos, says the fish tacos at Fish Market and Grill on the Lake in Mission Viejo might be the best fish tacos she's EVER had...period. Check wasn't too bad, $52 for 3 people including soft drinks and fried calamari appetizer. (520 miles! Yessss... )

It was featured in the OC Metro free newsrag this past month too.

Steve
Old Apr 28, 2006, 12:12 am

Right next door...

Originally Posted by MarkS90046
Brought to you by the same people who bestowed the still trendy Koi in West Hollywood, Citizen Smith is a beautifully decorated and beautifully populated restaurant in Hollywood. I'm sure this restaurant won't last long in the IDine program, but for those who want to enjoy a new restaurant in Hollywood visit soon! Better yet, my partner and I had two entrees (a Citizen Smith hamburger is $14 the fried chicken is $21 and includes THREE breasts and a side), two salads, one jalapeno mac and cheese, and three cocktails all for $81 not including tax/tip. For those who use Open Table for reservations, Citizen Smith is listed under Hollywood.
Is Caffé Etc., on the corner of Cahuenga and Selma. It's been a 20-miler for a long time...
Old Apr 28, 2006, 11:29 am

Programs: AA PLT (1MM); SPG GLD
OGG: I'O in Lahaina, Maui is very, very good. gone

I also highly the following in Oakland, CA:
OAK: Milano
OAK: Il Porcelino
OAK: Citron
OAK: Khana Peena
OAK: Mezze gone

San Jose, CA:
SJC: 19 Market

Last edited by CutStyle; Sep 11, 2006 at 2:14 am Reason: Removed a few restaurants
Old Apr 28, 2006, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by KhalilSheikh
Is Caffé Etc., on the corner of Cahuenga and Selma. It's been a 20-miler for a long time...
I love the staff at Caffe Etc.wonderful warm folks.The Choclatismo(blended and Iced)is great and the cakes/pastries are home made.
You really have to be patient-service can be slow.
BTW-across the street is the oldest Gay bar in Los Angeles-The Lovely Spotlight Club!
As to citizen smith-wellllll if a burger and fried chicken for $81 is your idea of a deal,,,
Old Apr 28, 2006, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ZeppoX
2509 Pennslyvania Ave NW, just before the bridge into Georgetown, 3 or 4 blocks west of the Foggy Bottom Metro Stop. Food is nothing special, as pub food goes. Appetizers and sandwiches OK, salads are excellent. Stay away from the entrees.

It has three redeemable features in addition to the salads. Two of which are free wifi and ready access via taxi or Metro Blue line to DCA. Third feature is double miles per dollar, as of April 2006.

Two more redeemable features...

...good for al fresco dining

...the crab cakes were wonderful
Old Apr 30, 2006, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
I love the staff at Caffe Etc.wonderful warm folks.The Choclatismo(blended and Iced)is great and the cakes/pastries are home made.
You really have to be patient-service can be slow.
BTW-across the street is the oldest Gay bar in Los Angeles-The Lovely Spotlight Club!
As to citizen smith-wellllll if a burger and fried chicken for $81 is your idea of a deal,,,
I've been going to Caffé Etc. on and off since they first opened. I'm not too impressed by Citizen Smith. It's more for the mesh hat/wannabe hipster crowd. I don't mind going if it's because I have to entertain clients, I'd never go there on my own dime.
That part of Cahuenga is slowly being gentrified, I wonder if landmarks like The Spotlight are threatened by that.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Don,the owner of The Lovely Spotlight,is delighted with the changes.It has brought in a lot of buisness.Those trendy joints charge 10-15 for a cocktail,At the Lovely Spotlight they are half of that-and you can get a drink in your hand in a few minutes-try that on a saturday night at lotus or one of the trendier places
One of the pitfalls of the new popularity is I now have to arrave around 6 to find parking on the street.But since there are 4 idines around there I get in early,have dinner,stop at Caffe etc for a coffee and dessert,and then go visit my frinds at TLSC
Old Apr 30, 2006, 7:59 pm

Citizen Smith

Originally Posted by KhalilSheikh
I'm not too impressed by Citizen Smith. It's more for the mesh hat/wannabe hipster crowd. I don't mind going if it's because I have to entertain clients, I'd never go there on my own dime.
I don't own a mesh hat and anyone who goes to a restaurant to be deemed hip is sad. So, hopefully I don't fall in the "wannabe hipster crowd".

I visited Shanghai Grill on Wilshire in Beverly Hills. This Chinese restaurant has been around forever but recently joined the iDine program. We spent over $120 including tips for a fairly run-of-the-mill Chinese dinner. Nothing special tho nothing offensive either. By comparison, I still say Citizen Smith is a relative bargain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.