Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Should I try to get another 5k miles and if so, what's the easiest way ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I try to get another 5k miles and if so, what's the easiest way ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:02 am
jhm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CGK
When and where are you going?
LHR to JFK - leave at Sat 25/03 13:20 and back at Mon 26/03 07:55. I just need to decide now where to stay and eat...
Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:18 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by jhm
LHR to JFK - leave at Sat 25/03 13:20 and back at Mon 26/03 07:55. I just need to decide now where to stay and eat...
Miss you by a day... I am supposed to arrive late at JFK that Monday.
Yeah, it's kind of difficult to decide where to...
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by jhm
Check out The Time Hotel on West 49th Street. By far my favorite little non-chain hotel in NYC among the ones I've tried. Nice rooms (but small, this is Manhattan after all), funky design, nice toiletries, and a fantastic location: far enough from the bustle of the Theater District, but so near it's a couple of blocks away; Starbucks (coffee plus NY bagels in the morning!) just around the block; a walk from good, reasonably-priced eats on Ninth Avenue (I suggest trying a Puerto Rican restaurant in the mid-50s, sorry forgot the name); and very convenient to the N-R lines (if you want to go to the Upper East Side -- shopping and very glitzy restaurants; or the Flatiron District or Union Square) or to the 1-9 lines (if you want to go to Chelsea, the West Village, or the Upper West Side).

Where to eat: IMO, NYC is far better than London when it comes to very good food at very reasonable prices, so just experiment and enjoy. . My recommendation is to go for the Latin American or Southwest or Nouvelle American cuisine, since these aren't as well-represented in London. Rosa Mexicana has one of its branches (IIRC, the other is in the Upper East Side) near the Lincoln Center. It's the best interpretation of Mexican food -- they make the guacamole fresh at your table in front of you -- for miles; reservations recommended. And don't miss the Sunday brunch, which is done so well in NY and quite dismally in London.

And advanced congratulations on reaching Elite Silver! ^

(Sigh. I miss NYC. NYC SIN Do, anyone?)
Old Mar 2, 2006, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by jjpb3

(Sigh. I miss NYC. NYC SIN Do, anyone?)
Expect a PM from TGFG regarding this soon. I did hear her mumble something to that effect...........
Old Mar 4, 2006, 1:43 am
jhm
Original Poster

jjpb3 - many thanks for your recommendations! Unfortunately, The Time Hotel has no availability - some room categories are fully booked and the remainder require a 2-night minimum stay. I will keep looking...

I also have the "problem" of having so many exciting places to eat but only a few meal times in which to do so! Life is hard!
Old Mar 4, 2006, 10:30 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by jhm
Monday should be 27 Mar, correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.