Wiki Posts
Search

SQ A380 Sightings!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2006, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2 Million, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
SQ A380 Sightings!

I was in Singapore this past weekend and saw the A380 twice. The first time when I landed en route from Seoul at 1500hrs on the 24th Feb. It was parked at one of the designated A380 gates. The second time was Sunday the 26th at about 1330hrs when it was on final approach over East Coast Hgwy before landing at Changgi.

It's huge, of course, but not as impressive looking as I had fantasized. How many others have actually seen it and what are your impressions?

It was painted with SQ trim but didn't look like that was the official paint.

Very similar to the first time I ever saw the 747 when it was new, the A380 appeared to be incredibly slow on it's approach, just floating along -- still it must have been at 200mph or so.
bb
Old Feb 28, 2006, 6:37 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The big beastie was in SIN for asian aerospace (shame you weren't able to join us).

Seen it at SIN twice now (last November on the way to KUL Do and last weekend) and its real big (especially up close). The paint job wasnt too flash. The logo and tail had a slightly different design each time - I suppose SQ may be trying out some options and getting feedback.

At the show it was flying surprisingly slow and nimble in its maneouvres. It also sounded a lot quieter than I expected.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 6:00 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
hello all
i got some really great pictures of big bus all through her stay in singapore
i will try to post them somehow or other in the next few days
i am in between flights at the moment writing this from skl f side
full flight to frankfurt tonight no sq girls this time
they will be replaced by some ugly lh matrons i suppose
cheers
marie
Old Mar 1, 2006, 11:39 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by CDG1
hello all
i got some really great pictures of big bus all through her stay in singapore
i will try to post them somehow or other in the next few days
i am in between flights at the moment writing this from skl f side
full flight to frankfurt tonight no sq girls this time
they will be replaced by some ugly lh matrons i suppose
cheers
marie
Thanks, looking forward to seeing your pictures!
Old Mar 4, 2006, 3:24 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
I saw it while I was landing in FRA from IAD in late October. We landed in FRA from the west, and out the right-hand window I saw it at a gate and thought "Oh! A new cleverly designed building!" and then realized what it was when we turned right to go to the terminal (we were bussed from the tarmac that day) and saw the tail from afar. I got another good look at it when disembarking, and when leaving FRA for JNB that night, I saw it being towed around FRA for test runs on the taxiways - the LH pilot made a note of the fact that it was there. Pretty impressive beast!

Will

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.