Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Mississippi, USA {US-MS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Mississippi, USA {US-MS}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2005, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
The Gulfport HI is just like any other. It is located 3 miles inland by I-10 near the airport on a very busy commercial highway. The only reason I stay there is because of HH, otherwise if you are on vacation I think Biloxi is a nicer place to be anyway.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 10:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
Thumbs up

I stayed earlier this year at the Biloxi Beach BLVD location. When I stayed there, it was not an Opp. property, but a Cat 2 prop. It is a very nice property and if you book a regular room, you can usually call the day before and ask for an Ocean Front room and they will upgrade if available.

The Gulfport location is a regular OUT door Corridor property, which is very close to I-10, but at an area of the road that is hard to get in and out of most of the time.

Enjoy,
Jwhuffman

Last edited by jwhuffman; Jul 14, 2005 at 10:56 pm
Old Jul 14, 2005, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
There is also this recent thread on the topic (easily found by doing a search on "Biloxi" in Titles Only; a more comprehensive search would probably find more):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370526
Old Jul 15, 2005, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
There is also this recent thread on the topic (easily found by doing a search on "Biloxi" in Titles Only; a more comprehensive search would probably find more):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370526
I admit I was too lazy to search properly. As my penance, I will pray for no delays at ATL for the rest of July. As i tell the priest every Saturday, I'll try to do better in the future.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Any Post-Katrina reviews of the HI Biloxi? I'm planning on staying there this weekend.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Jackson, MS Hilton Properties

Hi all,

I'm possibly headed to Jackson in a few weeks for work. I've never been before and wondered if anyone had insight on the better choice of the Garden Inn vs The Hilton Jackson?

I don't currently have status, but am considering signing up for the Reserve card before I go to get my Gold back.

Top criteria- amenities, service and safety of the area (single young-ish female traveling alone)

Thanks in advance,

~CA
Old Apr 12, 2013, 8:06 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
If safety is a concern avoid downtown Jackson in the evenings. Some parts aren't bad, but certainly not some place most people want to be after dark.

The Hilton Jackson is right on the border of sketchiness. Think of the adjoining street (county line road) as the railroad tracks.

You should also consider the Embassy Suites in Ridgeland. It's in a nicer area and just a few more minutes from the interstate than the Hilton. There are a few restaurants and 1 shopping center nearby.

We usually suggest people stay at the Hampton Inn in Flowood, but it's about 15 minutes from either interstate in heavy traffic (7:00am-8:30am, 4:00pm-5:30pm).

There is plenty nearby the Hampton Inn Flowood, several shopping centers and restaurant. If you won't have a car I would suggest staying in Flowood.

Status won't get you much at either property. Instead, you can signup for the MVP promo and you'll have Gold status after you check out.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 12:28 pm

We are booked at the Hilton Jackson, is the parking lot secure? Are the rooms decent?
Old Apr 14, 2013, 11:13 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Premier Silver, HHonors Silver
Having grown up in Jackson, and have my parents still living there, the Hilton Jackson is OK. But I have to say the Embassy Suites in Ridgeland is in a nicer area. Actually, it is right across from where I went to High School. It is connected to a very nice open air shopping center, with a few restaurants.

The Hilton is a nice facility... they basically rehabbed it when it became a Hilton. But the property is still in Jackson. There are parts of Jackson that are very safe, and wonderful (Fondren neighborhood and Highland Village). But if I were staying there somewhere other than my parents home, I would stay at the Embassy Suites
Old Apr 15, 2013, 6:24 am

We are there on business, Embassy has a much higher price than Hilton. What would be your second choice? Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Premier Silver, HHonors Silver
Well... then I would suggest the Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Madison... It is a bit North of the Embassy Suites, but not far.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver
The Jackson Hilton is a nice faciltiy and the parking lot is secure. My family, friends and business associates have stayed at the hotel without any problems. As with ANY city, there are locations to vist and locations to avoid. Let me be the first to say "Welcome to Jackson, MS and enjoy you stay."
Old Aug 9, 2020, 9:36 am

Hampton Inn Gulfport MS not following protocol

Hampton Inn & Suites Gulfport

Map| 1 Review | 0% Recommended

15580 Daniel Blvd Gulfport, MS US 39503

Hampton Inn Gulfport MS not following protocol (0 Photo)

Last week we took first road trip since March.  We stayed at Hilton's Admiral on Alabama and knew the protocol for Covid.  It was a great experience.  Then going back home we stopped in Gulfport.   The experience was opposite.  The room was not sealed off with date of last entry.  The remote was not bagged, the phone was dirty.  We called downstairs and they said they had many marines the night before and our room was used, but cleaned with an acid wash.  They never mentioned the lysol protocol Hilton talks about.  They said they never got the room seals.  Really?  After this many months?   The next hotel was full or we would have left.  We were exhausted.   We were not comfortable with this hotel at all.  I can not recommend it to anyone who takes Covid seriously.  The ice is available for everyone and anyone to touch and use, too.   I found that very unhygienic.  Attached are pictures of phone   If they do t clean it, how is it disinfected?

Hampton Inn Gulfport MS not following protocol

Would you like to write a review on the Hampton Inn & Suites Gulfport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Hampton Inn Indianola

Another 2 star motel (Hampton Inn)to avoid from Hilton Hotels. What a bad service and hygiene!
First we got the keys of room 301. When we arrived the roomdoor was open and the beds looks like somebody sleept in the bed. Also the bathroom was not clean. We found pubic hairs in the shower. I have never experienced this in my 12 years. Our trust is completely gone in Hilton and their advertising about clean hotels and we have left. Their public restroom at the frontoffice were also not clean.
We have contacted their General Manager miss Walker and we are waiting for an answer. Also we have contacted Hilton headquarters. This is outrageous
Old Nov 17, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Non-working hot water: whats reasonable?

I had a 2 night stay at the Tupelo, MS Garden Inn in a non-upgraded Suite room (paid for this room type). The room did not have working hot water.

The first morning when I inquired they indicated the hotel was full so maybe it ran out of hot water at 8:30am.

The next morning at 7:15am was still ice cold and I asked another guest who said their hot water works fine.

Whats reasonable to ask for? The hotel is full so rooms cannot be moved. The front desk said the best the GM could do is offer a 2pm late check out, which is basically a standard gold benefit anyway.

I had relatives staying in the same hotel (same last name etc and we are in a large group) and the front desk suggested asking to use their room and shower, which whilst a good short term solution, is not to me a reasonable compromise to offer a customer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.