Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Finally! Award nights will count towards elite status in 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finally! Award nights will count towards elite status in 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
2016=25 stays for top tier status
2018=60 nights

I'm not a road warrior, and I literally cannot spend two months per year of my life in HYATTS, not just hotel rooms in general. So yes, the old program was incredibly useful to me, and the new one is pure garbage, with zero redeeming value for me whatsoever.
Quite frankly, Hyatt is better off without people who expect top-tier status and treatment after as few as 25 nights. The idea that WoH is "pure garbage" is laughable on its face.
antonius66 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by yosithezet
It having been left off of 2018 is understandable. But did that night count towards your night count in 2017?
It shouldn't have counted in 2017 - award nights only counted starting 1/1/2018.

My hunch is that since it was a merged reservation, behind the scenes there were two reservations. The first one was the free night certificate, which didn't count towards status in 2017. The second one was paid nights with a checkout on 1/1/18 and those DID count for 2018 status (since checkout was 2018, and it is an eligible rate).
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Quite frankly, Hyatt is better off without people who expect top-tier status and treatment after as few as 25 nights. The idea that WoH is "pure garbage" is laughable on its face.
Quite frankly, the planet would be better off without people who think they are somehow better than those who spend less time sleeping in a hotel bed.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JackE
Quite frankly, the planet would be better off without people who think they are somehow better than those who spend less time sleeping in a hotel bed.
Straw man.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:32 pm

Pretty sure no one said they were "better" than anyone because of how many nights they slept in a hotel. What is up with people and their emotional over reactions? He said Hyatt is better off without people who stay 25 stays (nights) and expect top tier benefits and treatment. Frankly, from a business perspective, this is largely true I think. For someone to argue they aren't a "road warrior" and that 60 nights is beyond insane for them, but 25 stays is in a whole other world, they must be staying close to 1 night per stay. Honestly, someone doing 25 or 30 nights a year should not be given top tier status. Nothing crazy about that. The program was not garbage before and it isn't garbage now... not even close. The program has DEFINITE issues now and many of them haven't changed (to be fair, many of the issues existed under GP as well). However, to argue that the program was incredible in 2016 and that the program is SO BAD now, that with the 2 most recent changes, it is still utter trash is ABSURD. Sorry to say, but that argument is really only validly translated into "before i got a ton for putting in a small amount and now I have to contribute way more. I hate it!"
Maui4me1 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Anyhow, I see now that if one is willing to be a more active Hyatt points purchaser, the points qualification toward status opens up an option that can in some circumstances be more useful than C+P.
Do i understand this correctly? you can get status through buying points?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by layoverdan
Do i understand this correctly? you can get status through buying points?
Not directly.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:21 pm

the only remaining tweek needed is TSU expiration at end of membership year. otherwise, damn near perfect.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by mstrbldr
Last year started stay in 2016 and finished in 2017 and all nights posted to 2017 !!! That was at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point

Good luck.
Figured every one understood, but when I was referring to when nights posted it was obviously NOT on an all points stay. Just commenting that nights slept in 2016 posted toward elite status for 2017,
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
He said Hyatt is better off without people who stay 25 stays (nights) and expect top tier benefits and treatment.
Yet Hyatt recently decided that guests who stay as few as TWENTY nights deserve Globalist status.

Last edited by JackE; Jan 3, 2018 at 6:54 pm
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:02 pm
Suspended

Paraphrasing Bill Munny, "Deserve had nothing to do with it."

(And 20 nights in 90 days is a lot different than 25 nights in a year.)
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by JackE
...can still get the 25-night Diamond crowd riled up pretty easily. You are still diamonds in spirit.
joe_miami likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:45 pm

Would I get a stay credit for booking a Guest of Honor reservation for someone?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
Would I get a stay credit for booking a Guest of Honor reservation for someone?
No. Reports are that Hyatt says they will get it (if properly registered with WOH #), not you.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
...can still get the 25-night Diamond crowd riled up pretty easily. You are still diamonds in spirit.
You sound pretty bitter that after being so ecstatic that Hyatt would clear the lounges by upping nights from 25 nights to 60, they ended up going down to 20.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.