Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oregon Brewers Festival - July 27-29th

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2001, 5:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
I love mere conveniences, simple luxuries, and common indulgences.
Old Jul 2, 2001, 7:20 pm

Now that it's July, it's time to bring this forward again in hopes we can round up some more attendees!
Old Jul 9, 2001, 11:55 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Alaska Air, American Airlines, SWA RapidRewards
I am flying to Medford, Oregon that night .. but am planning on leaving work at 10am that day if things go well, and spend a few hours down at the beer fest.
Old Jul 10, 2001, 6:45 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Welcome to FT, PDXracer. You're on the list.

Old Jul 13, 2001, 1:55 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Samantha, sorry but I have to bow out. Move to OMA has put me behind on a couple of projects and new clients are lining up

Have a probst for me!
Old Jul 13, 2001, 8:10 am
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Ok, I know that there are a couple of gals who are buying me a few stouts and porters while at the beerfest, is there anyone else who would like to contribute to my thirst while there?

Hey, how bout those Trailblazers!
Old Jul 17, 2001, 1:11 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Heads up, fellow hopheads! The day draws near to meet, quaff and just generally enjoy one another's company in Munich on the Willamette, aka Beervana.

Early next week, I'll send an email that will include info on transit options from PDX, tidbits on para-Fest events and sightseeing activities, and my cell number in case anyone needs ... whatever.

If your email address is not in your FT profile and you'd like to get the aforementioned info, please send it to me privately at [email protected].

Also, if you all would be so kind, please let me know what day(s) you intend to attend the fest if you haven't already. There are several newcomers to the FT gang and I don't want miss out on meeting/greeting you.

Prosit!

[This message has been edited by essxjay (edited 07-17-2001).]
Old Jul 17, 2001, 1:20 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

{dupe.}

[This message has been edited by essxjay (edited 07-17-2001).]
Old Jul 17, 2001, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Thanks for taking this on, Sam. I didn't expect it to take on such proportions when I speculated towards the end of last year that it might prove a good mid-summer gathering for FlyerTalkers. Look forward to meeting a whole new group of posters in two week's time. And a few old friends...
Old Jul 17, 2001, 7:16 pm
In Memoriam

Oh good, is newself done shamelessly soliciting free beer? Wait, did someone say beer? Michael and I are taking the train (no, it doesn't fly, but I do earn AS miles) in on Friday afternoon and arrive in theory at 5:15 p.m. A cab to the hotel, drop our bags and we can be in the park about 6:00 p.m. Will others be there at that time or is everyone drinking earlier or later?
Old Jul 17, 2001, 8:45 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
I will not make it in till Saturday morning so I am leaving the ales and porters for all of you to guard until I get there. I did read somewhere that TravelWeary & Ling were going to buy me a Guinness and a Black Butte Porter while up there. I hope that this is still true? Looking forward to seeing all of you up there next weekend.
Old Jul 17, 2001, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Guinness? At a NorthWest Brewing Festival?
Old Jul 18, 2001, 3:49 am
Commander Catcop

Beer Brother Newself, whatever beer you don't finish you are welcome to ship to me in Jersey City where I am beerless!

Have a good time folks. I'll have a Sams Summer Ale or Red Rock for you all.

Old Jul 18, 2001, 10:07 am
In Memoriam

I just happened to stumble across this Portland Beer Map which may come in handy. I see Higgins is on it and will definitely get a visit from Michael and myself. Ever since Samantha introduced us to it at the first PDX FT event, it has been one of our favorites (esp. the bar).

http://www.beercapital.com/maps/in_w_pdx.html
Old Jul 18, 2001, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I would think a Protland Porter is about as close to the stouts as we'll get next week to a Guiness. By the way, heading to SEA on a web special for the weekend, and just wondering if there is a similar map for that city to the one posted above?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.