Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines Retro-fit 777-200 Routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Airlines Retro-fit 777-200 Routes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:43 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by aster
You can select your seats as soon as you purchase the tickets... as long as you're doing so on the SQ web site.
But unfortunately not if you buy your ticket through any other channel including SQ phones sales. Not good if the ticket can't actually be purchased on the SQ site.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 11:46 pm

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
But unfortunately not if you buy your ticket through any other channel including SQ phones sales. Not good if the ticket can't actually be purchased on the SQ site.
This is a serious question - why would you buy over phone through SQ rather than online?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 2:44 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite
This is a serious question - why would you buy over phone through SQ rather than online?
There can be many reasons:

- you can't book online (open jaw etc.)
- you combine with other flights on the same PNR
- you have a travel agent which provides extra benefits when booking through them (free airport transfer)
- etc.

The reality is, other than very simple flights like SYD-AKL, require a human being to do the work for my travel needs.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
There can be many reasons:

- you can't book online (open jaw etc.)
- you combine with other flights on the same PNR
- you have a travel agent which provides extra benefits when booking through them (free airport transfer)
- etc.

The reality is, other than very simple flights like SYD-AKL, require a human being to do the work for my travel needs.
OK but it was a serious question.

I have booked open jaw flights many times - MEL-SIN-PVG / PEK - MNL-SIN-MEL without a problem - in fact I much prefer to control my own destiny totally - always interesting to gather thoughts from others - we should never stop learning should we?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 4:12 am

You might be surprised, but I often find cheaper fares (sometimes by hundreds of dollars) ringing Singapore Airlines directly than via their website. Singapore Airlines have a lot of booking classes and thus, most never make it onto their online bookings.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by maestro1981
You might be surprised, but I often find cheaper fares (sometimes by hundreds of dollars) ringing Singapore Airlines directly than via their website. Singapore Airlines have a lot of booking classes and thus, most never make it onto their online bookings.
Sing office?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite
Sing office?
Any booking office. See the "Contact Us" page on their website for your local reservations number. Not always, but I have saved on many an occasion.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by maestro1981
Any booking office. See the "Contact Us" page on their website for your local reservations number. Not always, but I have saved on many an occasion.
Mental note - must try that next time.

Last edited by Cruiser Elite; Mar 9, 2011 at 4:45 am
Old Mar 9, 2011, 5:24 am

Discounted Y, Full Y or J?
Old Apr 14, 2011, 3:27 am

just wondering is the SIN-IST leg fitted with new Economy product?
Old Apr 14, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Originally Posted by leogeo
just wondering is the SIN-IST leg fitted with new Economy product?
No. It is the old 777-200ER.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Does anyone know if the AVOD has been upgraded on the 772 regionals in Y?

My family is flying on one and wondering if they have finally changed over to the new KrisWorld systems - the crew on our last flight in F (some time ago) were constantly apologizing for the AVOD, and now F is gone in any case, so wondering if they also bothered to refit the Y cabin at the same time?

(I gather they probably did, but worth a confirmation here - thanks!)

Edited to Add:

Just checked out vsepr's pix and note that the Y seats are also with new fabric and possibly tables, etc - but my question remains on the AVOD...
Old Apr 18, 2011, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Does anyone know if the AVOD has been upgraded on the 772 regionals in Y?

My family is flying on one and wondering if they have finally changed over to the new KrisWorld systems - the crew on our last flight in F (some time ago) were constantly apologizing for the AVOD, and now F is gone in any case, so wondering if they also bothered to refit the Y cabin at the same time?

(I gather they probably did, but worth a confirmation here - thanks!)

Edited to Add:

Just checked out vsepr's pix and note that the Y seats are also with new fabric and possibly tables, etc - but my question remains on the AVOD...
I flew it from DEL two weeks back and it was the old dated 772 with no on demand IFE.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 2:07 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by lallyr
I flew it from DEL two weeks back and it was the old dated 772 with no on demand IFE.
That really sucks - my kids are probably upset over that - but they made the flight okay! (I think...)

They are also backed up with iPod Touches...

You can really tell from the pix - the AVOD control is still the old one - ridiculous that they are not investing in new equipment!

Good thing I'm flying on Jet - but their AVOD is now aging too - had to practically punch the touch-screen to get it to respond to my commands!
Old Apr 18, 2011, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
That really sucks - my kids are probably upset over that - but they made the flight okay! (I think...)

They are also backed up with iPod Touches...

You can really tell from the pix - the AVOD control is still the old one - ridiculous that they are not investing in new equipment!

Good thing I'm flying on Jet - but their AVOD is now aging too - had to practically punch the touch-screen to get it to respond to my commands!
Tell me about it. I thought they had launched the new upgraded premium product on this route. 5hrs on a day flight you need IFE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.