Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Are others also noticing the impact of the 'summer schedule' with reduced flights on various routes resulting in completely packed flights?

I had intra-EU returns on Monday and Tuesday to different destinations and all 4 flights where filled to the max. Including all seats in use in Plus which wasn't pleasant.

What is the reason SK is still using this ancient practice when there is obviously plenty demand?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
What is the reason SK is still using this ancient practice when there is obviously plenty demand?
Swedish flight crews in their 6 week summer vacation?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
That. Plus demand does actually shift. I do remember taking SK402 in an almost empty CRJ9 (normally A321) despite SK400 being on summer vacation.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:11 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Something like that indeed. That said, given how schools, daycares, some workplaces and other things shut down for a substantial part of the summer, some crew members may have little choice but to take their vacations now to minimize disruption of their personal/family lives.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 3:52 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Thumbs down

And another return in Plus with a fully packed cabin, no room for luggage, no room to sit comfortably and no room to manoeuvre whatsoever.

This prehistoric vacation schedule nonsense is taking the piss. If I didn't book flights up to 2 months in advance I would not be flying SK until they go back to the regular schedule.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 5:45 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
And another return in Plus with a fully packed cabin, no room for luggage, no room to sit comfortably and no room to manoeuvre whatsoever.

Maybe it was me who spoiled your flight if it was at GOT.
Kinda worked well for me this Plus, I like it despite some "drawbacks": I was in Gothenburg and saw on my mobile that I could perhaps make it to an earlier flight. It was showing fully booked but I took my chance. I took the next Flygbuss to GOT, arrived there 16mins before departure of the earlier flight, quickwalked through prio security, gate 17 closing, ladies still there, I shout can I still come onboard? "I know it is fully booked but there usually 1 Plus guy who does not show up", the lady started cracking the computer and rebooked me and let me in. I got a middle seat in Plus though, the last one, but I got earlier home ^ this is what I like with SAS
Old Jul 14, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
I guess it is good for SK but within last few weeks I've seen so limited availability to travel Baltics-Europe that forced me to take something else. For example Baltics-LHR with SAS is usually 6-7 options per days via CPH/ARN sometimes OSL and then you see it is shown but no seats except one weird long-layover option.

Can someone tell me if guaranteed seat for gold/diamond is still there? I was trying to call SK with diamond number entered at midnight but gave up after 15 min waiting..
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:32 pm

The guaranteed seat is still there but at the full fare C ticket price

Used it a couple of times last 12 months and was always able to board while some poor other pax probably was bumped
Old Jul 17, 2016, 2:01 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
The guaranteed seat is still there but at the full fare C ticket price

Used it a couple of times last 12 months and was always able to board while some poor other pax probably was bumped
It was always at the full C price, which is quite logical: if you need to use it, it is because the plane is full, and thus by definition there will be no free seats in lower price buckets.

I have found it very useful for domestics to Northern Norway.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Officially TRD cafe is 'Available for EBP, EBD, EBG and SAS Plus passengers ' but the rendering shows automated access gates. Those usually work for *G too, just try
Originally Posted by ksu
There are no automated access gates at the Café Lounge at TRD. The entrance is manned by two ladies, who also do the stocking up of buns etc. I don't know about TOS, though. Haven't been to TOS after the Cafe Lounge opened.
Originally Posted by R7U
I just got back from TOS. I got access to SAS Cafe Lounge in TOS with my *Gold card. I noticed that they now have also *Gold sign in the lounge entrance, so SAS Cafe Lounge in TOS is now officially available for *Gold too, even-though it in not mentioned in the SAS web-page.

By the way TOS lounge was quite similar to SAS Oslo domestic lounge and they have there very nice WMF coffee machine.
^

Thanks.

Love how FT always has the answer!
Old Jul 20, 2016, 2:22 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
^

Thanks.

Love how FT always has the answer!
My post that you quote is no longer correct. TRD has for some time now had automated access gates
Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yep, I tried TRD, OSL domestic and LLA with LH*G and it works like a charm, inlcuding companion guest access. OSL intl, ARN domestic and CPH's automated gates work fine for *G too.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 3:20 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Scandic hotels is more or less handing out its second to highest elite status to anyone who cares to pursue it. It may be useful to also get status matches with other hotel programs that cover the SAS home markets well.

http://loyaltylobby.com/2016/07/19/s...r-the-nordics/ has more on this. It works still as of Friday at least.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I have visitors arriving in Tokyo today, and wanted to check up on the delayed arrival of 983 on the SK app. There is a funny quirk about doing that. To get today's arrival time, I have to check for 983 arrival yesterday, as apparently the day in the app goes by day of departure, not day of arrival. Even when looking for arrivals. Is that just me, or is that an illogical setup?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I have visitors arriving in Tokyo today, and wanted to check up on the delayed arrival of 983 on the SK app. There is a funny quirk about doing that. To get today's arrival time, I have to check for 983 arrival yesterday, as apparently the day in the app goes by day of departure, not day of arrival. Even when looking for arrivals. Is that just me, or is that an illogical setup?
Most flight status apps apply the same principle because that is factually how it works and only affects eastbound flights.

I have yet to encounter an application or site that uses arrival date (by default) instead of departure date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.