Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Shorthaul catering

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: TK*G
Are there any photos of the new catering?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by Jespersm
Neither dessert, nor chocolates were offered.
I'm not impressed.
Chocolate, almonds/nuts and muffins (not sure if the latter is still onboard under the new food concept) is available in the great brand called Ad Libitum. But often you need to ask.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
I flew LHR-ARN last night. I thought the food was better than before. The Cube was served with another small package containing a warm savory muffin. Initially it didn't look that filling but there was actually a decent amount of food in there. Similar themes to before but quality was much better.

When I finished the main a box of chocolates was brought over. I will try to upload pictures.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 5:18 am

Programs: EBD
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Chocolate, almonds/nuts and muffins (not sure if the latter is still onboard under the new food concept) is available in the great brand called Ad Libitum. But often you need to ask.
I know.... but I was looking forward to the promised box of chocolates.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Interesting... given I'm often stuck on the 2-2 CRJ, this may help with the whole lack of space issue when trying to eat. It's currently near impossible to have anything but food on the tray given the dimensions of the box regardless of the flight, but with the CRJ there is no middle seat for additional space. I'm lucky to not have a seatmate most times. Cube shape potentially may satisfy my personal preferences.

It's still a month out before my next trip (passport renewal from abroad sucks) so I look forward to everyone else's experiences in the meantime ^.^
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Got the cube for the first time today.

Cutlery is toy size and quite difficult to eat with.

Salad was ok, but breadish thing horrible.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:28 pm

Had my first non-breakfast cube today. Cube not good, food really an improvement.

The cube sounds like a good idea, but is overrated (at least by Mr. Roald & co.). Looks nice – like an Apple-box – but doesn’t make much sense. I can’t have my laptop on the table on the same time either way.

The food improves by being separated, but it takes time to assemble. Cutlery is much too small, and you get greased fingers, because they have to dig deep to get the bottom things. And the napkin is more of a joke than ever before. And it is more complicated to put all the rubbish back into the box.

Food was really fine. Chickenbreast – Swedish, and it was NOT totally overcooked. Side dishes fine. Spanish kind of omelet (lukewarm) was OK. There were more food than I could eat. Nice Swedish chocolate.

My favorite red wine (Italian Zinfandel) has disappeared. Has been substituted by rosé.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Had my first non-breakfast cube today. Cube not good, food really an improvement.

The cube sounds like a good idea, but is overrated (at least by Mr. Roald & co.). Looks nice – like an Apple-box – but doesn’t make much sense. I can’t have my laptop on the table on the same time either way.

The food improves by being separated, but it takes time to assemble. Cutlery is much too small, and you get greased fingers, because they have to dig deep to get the bottom things. And the napkin is more of a joke than ever before. And it is more complicated to put all the rubbish back into the box.

Food was really fine. Chickenbreast – Swedish, and it was NOT totally overcooked. Side dishes fine. Spanish kind of omelet (lukewarm) was OK. There were more food than I could eat. Nice Swedish chocolate.

My favorite red wine (Italian Zinfandel) has disappeared. Has been substituted by rosé.
Rosé is an interesting choice to have on board... No red, or just different red as well.
Danish people do have a thing with rosé and summer. Though I don't know if that carries to Norway and Sweden as well....
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Rosé is an interesting choice to have on board... No red, or just different red as well.
Danish people do have a thing with rosé and summer. Though I don't know if that carries to Norway and Sweden as well....
Still red... Now french syrah. It's ok. The zinfandel was the 'premium'-offer.

Tasted the rosé at home. Pay d'Oc. Dosn' harm anybody. I am no fan of rosé - a bad compromise between red and white IMHO.

But yes, Danes and rosé and summer is popular mixture.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 2:40 am

But yes, Danes and rosé and summer is popular mixture.
Also has become very popular summer drink for ladies in Germany... Rosé with ice cubes...

will rather take a beer than rosé (assuming there is no decent red or white) any day

On my last flight in Monday, they had red wine on board. Didn't look which one as it was to early for me (11am) but that didn't bother the guy next two me and he got served red.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:11 am

Programs: EBD
Sometimes I get the nice box of chocolates, and sometimes not. Does anyone know what the 'chocolate rules' are?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 4:37 am

Still red... Now french syrah. It's ok. The zinfandel was the 'premium'-offer.
With the risk of getting half the forum on my back: How can any Zinfandel be rated as premium. Most overhyped grape in recent history - and better off serves as raisins
Old Jun 15, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
With the risk of getting half the forum on my back: How can any Zinfandel be rated as premium. Most overhyped grape in recent history - and better off serves as raisins
Well I have 3 angles on that...

Depending on what the non premium option is, it might very well be the premium option.

In short haul EU flights, the bar for premium wine is generally pretty low.

The grape alone is far from defining premium wine or not. Even the pinot meunier normally considered the inferior grape in the champagne district makes some very premium champagnes from a few select houses.

Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:00 am

Agreed, there are some Italian Primitivos I absolutely love! But a lot of the cheap Zinfandels are just horrible - like a lot of cheap red wine independ of the grape
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
well, I have a good application for Zinfandel: a hot summer afternoon, well cooled Zinfandel -- really in these conditions you do not need or want a premium wine. Would never take in air conditioned environment, such as on board though ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.