Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

What's the secret to getting customer assistance from SAS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2016, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP Gold

I sent an email to the address given under their link - no answer.

The online form only allows four different specific cases.

It says they offer English assistance on Sundays from 10 (this is the page for Germany, so it must be 10a CET). Well, I have called three times but while the recording confirms this, I get the "you have reached us outside of our business hours" (they charge you for the call even when they are closed - I'm using skype, so I can see this) !!??

What is going on with this airline?
Old May 1, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Today is a public holiday in at least Sweden which might interfere with their schedule. Use the chat function on the website, it is by far the most effective and efficient.

For EB elites they have a separate customer service which is 24x7 and more helpful.
Old May 1, 2016, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP Gold
Thank you, FlyingMoose.

I'm just Star Alliance Gold.

Had also tried the US 1-800 # before but their systems were down.
Old May 2, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: SAS/A* DIAMOND/GOLD, GHA Black, HHonors Diamond
I have had a discussion with SAS concerning som vouchers for more than a year. They don't answer. I've been writing back and forth, only about when I could get an answer, not the actual issue, more than 15 times during the last year. Today, I wrote celebrating the 1 year anniversary, that I'd like an answer within 14 days, otherwise I'd move on. The answer;

"Det ville jeg ikke regne med."

In english; "I wouldn't count on it". Nothing more. Just that. Nice.
Old May 2, 2016, 6:21 am

Programs: SAS/A* DIAMOND/GOLD, GHA Black, HHonors Diamond
Just got even better. Replied; "don't count on what - not getting a reply within 14 days or not getting a reply ever?"

Reply; "I don't think so."
Old May 2, 2016, 7:41 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Reminds me of their policy that you had to ask if you can take skis with you as checked baggage. Bought a ticket 1 week before the flight only to get the message that it will take over 2 weeks to process it. So the case solved itself.
Old May 2, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: More than one
If you don't have at least EDG status, I would use the chat to get an answer. The online form only works for complaints if you have less than EDG status, and replying to their e-mails only works if the ticket is less than 3 months old. If the ticket is older you are better off opening a new ticket, and referring to the old one.
Old May 3, 2016, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
And chat is available 24 hours! I once got done with booking my flights at 1am and then needed to attach our *G into the reservation and chat was available only in English (great for me).
Old May 3, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by nacho
I once got done with booking my flights at 1am and then needed to attach our *G into the reservation and chat was available only in English (great for me).
Only English would be a positive.

When I call the EBD line and press the English option, the operator still answers in Danish (every f'ing time).
Old May 3, 2016, 3:27 am

And chat is available 24 hours! I once got done with booking my flights at 1am and then needed to attach our *G into the reservation and chat was available only in English (great for me).
Really? That must be new. Last year I used the chat a couple of times and it was only during European business hours and obviously the agent was based in Scandinavia.

Since then I haven't even tried to look for the chat out of business hours.

Small but great improvement, but of course nowhere published.
Old May 3, 2016, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by fassy
Really? That must be new. Last year I used the chat a couple of times and it was only during European business hours and obviously the agent was based in Scandinavia.

Since then I haven't even tried to look for the chat out of business hours.

Small but great improvement, but of course nowhere published.
It's in Swedish, I went to sas.se (somehow i can't manage my booking at sas.dk, so I had to use the Swedish site):

Kan jag få chatta med SAS?
Du kan chatta med SAS Contact Center nästan dygnet runt. Via chatten kan du få hjälp att hitta informationen på sas.se.
OBS! Vi kan av säkerhetsskäl inte hantera ärenden där vi behöver dina kreditkortsuppgifter här på chatten.
Du får chatta med oss på svenska:
Mån - Fre 07.00 - 19.00
Lör 09.00 - 17.00
Sön 10.00 - 19.00

Övrig tid kan du chatta med oss på engelska.
När det finns tillgänglig chatt-personal visas en länk nedan och chatten erbjuds.
Om du vill få personlig service via chatt, klicka här
Old May 3, 2016, 5:07 am

Yes, saw that. But it is new (kind of). Last year the link to the chat function was only active from 7am to 7pm weekdays.
Old May 3, 2016, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
(somehow i can't manage my booking at sas.dk, so I had to use the Swedish site)
OT, but: this has changed recently - some combination of the point of sale, the currency in which the booking was made and the website it was booked from (flysas.com, sas.dk, etc.) affects the site on which it can be changed. Of course, the 'Change country' button never works, because this is SAS we're talking about
Old May 3, 2016, 9:20 am
cjt

I have a complaint open now about a case of lost baggage and receiving false information from multiple employees. It's been going on since August 2015 - they take about 8 weeks to respond to every email (if at all) even when I reply to their response within minutes.

Last month they decided I had no claim for compensation because they couldn't find the 'property irregularity report' in the system - something their employee at the luggage desk failed to do. So now I am being punished because of yet another employee failure! Unbelievable...I've sent written mail to their offices in the UK.

At this point I don't care about compensation, just the fact that they don't care about their customers (I'm only silver)

If I hear nothing back in 4 weeks, I'm considering an EECB...
Old May 4, 2016, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by cjt
I have a complaint open now about a case of lost baggage and receiving false information from multiple employees. It's been going on since August 2015 - they take about 8 weeks to respond to every email (if at all) even when I reply to their response within minutes.

Last month they decided I had no claim for compensation because they couldn't find the 'property irregularity report' in the system - something their employee at the luggage desk failed to do. So now I am being punished because of yet another employee failure! Unbelievable...I've sent written mail to their offices in the UK.

At this point I don't care about compensation, just the fact that they don't care about their customers (I'm only silver)

If I hear nothing back in 4 weeks, I'm considering an EECB...
Do you have a copy of the PIR? Never leave the airport before you have that, or have the tracking number for the case printed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.