Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

"SAS could be docked onto... Eurowings"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"SAS could be docked onto... Eurowings"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2016, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Pardon the snark, but its rather ironic that people discuss lounge access technicalities while their beloved SAS seems to be willing to transfer their assets to Eurowings...
Old Apr 27, 2016, 4:07 am
Suspended

Pardon the snark, but its rather ironic that people discuss lounge access technicalities while their beloved SAS seems to be willing to transfer their assets to Eurowings...
K[...]wings won't get my business, that's for sure. Say goodbye to 150-200K. It'll be all BA from there.

Last edited by oliver2002; Apr 27, 2016 at 6:22 am Reason: lets not use the 4U crash terminology
Old Apr 27, 2016, 4:59 am

As long as the deal comes with EB points earnings and lounge access for EBGs traveling that routes they can transfer their routes to whoever they like

Btw, I have absolutely no complains about EuroWings. In economy even better service than on SK. The only thing putting me off is missing points earning and no lounge access
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Very natural. Sadly, SAS hasn't left anything for us to love onboard their European routes on either side of the no-longer-existing curtain.
Old May 1, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by fassy
Btw, I have absolutely no complains about EuroWings. In economy even better service than on SK. The only thing putting me off is missing points earning and no lounge access
Can you name an airline (not counting ryanair, easy jet and similar discount airlines) who has worse service in eco. than SK?
Old May 1, 2016, 2:18 pm

Well as far as I understand it was someone at LH/Eurowings how openly pictured his dream, but that dream was quickly shot down by SK. But some media wont blink twice before they print any rumor about SK being merged with another airline.

Beside that I won't say SK is my beloved airline. But living 30 min. from CPH and traveling a lot to US, Asia and Europa, SK do have the most routes which all in all fit my travel pattern the best.
Old May 1, 2016, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
Well as far as I understand it was someone at LH/Eurowings how openly pictured his dream, but that dream was quickly shot down by SK. But some media wont blink twice before they print any rumor about SK being merged with another airline.
Rather understandable isn't it? In terms of long-term survival, it is the best that SK could hope for. But the opposite would apply to the airline that merged with them.
Old May 1, 2016, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Rather understandable isn't it? In terms of long-term survival, it is the best that SK could hope for. But the opposite would apply to the airline that merged with them.
I could easily see SK as an airline in the LH group on the same terms as LX, but merged with EuroWings doesn't make sense to me, unless you split SK in two, so you keep the long haul on LX terms and move all the short haul to EuroWings. But I'm pretty sure they will loos a lot of the SK customers that way.

The wet lease model SK do with Cimber is IMHO better than the code share LH does with EuroWings. Both companies get a cheaper operation model, but SK sells the ticket under their brand and with their benefits, where as LH just get cheap flights.
If I want to fly cheap I'll go for ryanair. Even Eurowings can't compete with them on price. So far I've never used ryanair, and I have no plans to change that.
Old May 1, 2016, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

The wet lease model SK do with Cimber is IMHO better than the code share LH does with EuroWings. Both companies get a cheaper operation model, but SK sells the ticket under their brand and with their benefits, where as LH just get cheap flights.
If I want to fly cheap I'll go for ryanair. Even Eurowings can't compete with them on price. So far I've never used ryanair, and I have no plans to change that.
I agree — don't get it. Skimp on the onboard product and the staff contracts if you have to, but why turn off customers by selling it as a different brand without key features external to the actual operation of the flight? Granted, AC Jazz is still alive, but CO Light and UA's TED were abandoned years ago. And they didn't even have a pilot flying a plane into a mountain!
Old May 1, 2016, 3:56 pm

No wonder TED doesn't exist anymore. I flew with them twice. Once they couldn't start the engines without external help, and the other time the cover was missing on the one of the pylons for the flaps. Wonder how they were allowed to fly with those two planes. The cabin wasn't any better on any of the planes by the way.
UA are today using the wet leashing model like SK are with Cimber. I'm not sure how many cheap operating companies UA have but until now I've counted at least two.

One good thing about TED all through. They had a channel on the inflight entertainment, so you could listen in on the flight - tower communication. Nice feature that I'm missing together with the outside cameras on the refurbished SK 330 and 340 birds.
Old May 1, 2016, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

No wonder TED doesn't exist anymore. I flew with them twice. Once they couldn't start the engines without external help, and the other time the cover was missing on the one of the pylons for the flaps. Wonder how they were allowed to fly with those two planes. The cabin wasn't any better on any of the planes by the way.
UA are today using the wet leashing model like SK are with Cimber. I'm not sure how many cheap operating companies UA have but until now I've counted at least two.

One good thing about TED all through. They had a channel on the inflight entertainment, so you could listen in on the flight - tower communication. Nice feature that I'm missing together with the outside cameras on the refurbished SK 330 and 340 birds.
Actually Channel 9 is a feature of all United flights. Or at least it was (at the Captain's discretion), when we broke up four years ago.
Old May 1, 2016, 10:42 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
UAs principal wetlease operator Republic (which also operates for DL) went bankrupt some months ago, there is not much money to be made from carriers that way.

TED was operated with UA mainline crew and aircraft, it was more SAS Snowflake kind of set up: fly single cabin A320 to leisure destinations.
Old May 2, 2016, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Actually Channel 9 is a feature of all United flights. Or at least it was (at the Captain's discretion), when we broke up four years ago.
I haven't been on a UA domestic flight the last 2-3 years where they still had the old cable based inflight entertainment. Either there were no inflight entertainment, or they have rolled out the new online based inflight entertainment which only works if you have a tablet/laptop/big smart phone.
Old May 2, 2016, 11:19 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Can you name an airline (not counting ryanair, easy jet and similar discount airlines) who has worse service in eco. than SK?
SK makes Air India seem luxurious...with its free Diet Pepsi and wine from unique appellations.
Old May 3, 2016, 12:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
SK makes Air India seem luxurious...with its free Diet Pepsi and wine from unique appellations.
AI serves a warm meal on 90 min flights in economy, SK hasn't done that in 20 years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.