Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Bonus Challenge...or not?!?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:22 pm

7r/t = 30k for me.

Originally Posted by FFlash
BTW I wonder if they calculate HEL-ARN-XXX rt as one or two as it is 4 legs
4 legs but one r/t
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
OK, my bonus target would be more doable if I booked separate tickets as I always need connect at ARN or CPH/OSL.

Maybe I can squeeze that lower threshold 5 rt's and get lovely 500 points by some well planned milage runs
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:35 pm

I will not do any extra trip for 500 points. That is ridiculous!

Would need 3r/t for that and to be honest - that is not an bonus offer?! 500 points is an insult - like a punch in the guts.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:18 pm

I got it too, not very interesting. It is only a CHANGE (not guaranteed) to get extra points if you fly the demanded amount of flights.

" take at least 3 round trips with SAS between September 8 and October 31, 2014 and you'll have the chance to earn Extra points "
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I haven't been targeted for the Bonus Challenge (prev. Point Booster) campaign since 2013. Prior to that I always got the invite, with varying generosity in the offer (often only a few thousand for 10 or so segments).

I fully understand the business logic behind not offering huge incentives to already loyal customers (I've been EBG for the last 9 years straight), but my loyalty to SAS felt more appreciated when I got the promotion invites with only a small bonus. Like my wife says: "It wouldn't hurt you if you said it once in a while ...".
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:44 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Didn't get a new one - wonder what's up with this selective bs from SK.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the considerable amount of greatly discounted tickets I booked during their sale last week.

Last edited by FlyingMoose; Sep 3, 2014 at 3:19 am
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:08 am

Programs: EBD, Delta Gold, SPG Plat, Mariott Plat, CC Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Platinum
I'm offered 30.0000 for 8 r/t... nice if it works out, but I'm certainly not going to be chasing it...
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: BAEC, SAS EBS, Miles&More
12 r/t for me to get 30000 and I already have my flights booked with BA. How realistic is it that someone will book 12 new r/t in 8 weeks? I might have found this more attractive with a longer timeframe.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:45 pm

Thumbs down

My offer is based on 6 return flights for 30.000 points.

But it is still worthless in my case as I, as recent as last week, did a lot of planning (and booking) of flights for the remainder of the year.
Right now I have 6 return flights booked with SAS for the last 4 months of the year. Next flight is September 5th (the campaign window starts on September 8th) and I have two flights within the first two weeks of November (the campaign window ends on October 31st). In the actual campaign window, I have two flights booked = 500 points.

Not likely that I will have a need to book any further flights with SAS so I don't feel encouraged... quite the contrary.
It seems like they have done the best to annoy all of us with setting individual goals that are difficult to achieve.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:11 pm

At least they could get back to legs traveled on SK metal like they did two years ago

I do quite a lot of trips where I must mix with other carriers on the return as SAS doesn't serve the destination like CPH-WAW-VIE-CPH
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:01 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
2 observations:
-the promo came in very late to be able to work it out
-the personal targets seem high, at least for me. 9rt for 30k. I was expecting a low threshold for me to entice me travel more, since I have been flying almost nil SK during 2014, but 9 with so short notice???

Increased expectations makes one greedy I know, but this is truly annoying
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:21 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
I think its highly unfair that I have not been targeted at all!!
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:53 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
I just clicked on the Swedish link I found in this thread and it reads 'IF you have been invited for this challenge, then fill out your EB number'. I have probably flown too much with them this year and haven't been invited at all. The only invitation I had in the last few months was to come to the Diamond Family Day in Tusenfryd. I asked my cat, he wasn't interested.

I could have used a few extra points, though, as always.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:27 am

not sure why I was targeted... with over 50 legs on SK metal. I guess they saw that in addition 50% of my flights credited to EB are on other *A metal.

In fact I took quite a lot of flights CPH-WAW or vice versa on LO since it was more than 70% cheaper booking on short notice. SK usually only sells Plus zeroing out (not selling out) Go a few days before departure while LO happily sells Y up to the last minute. Booking 4 to 5 days out means significant savings which make it hard to explain to my boss why I break the travel policy flying shorthaul in Plus at higher costs.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
This is also my experience, that SK has very good prices, if you buy early. On short notice, I tend to use LO and AB on this route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.