Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Bonus Challenge...or not?!?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2014, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM

My wife received an email from SAS with a bonus challenge, something like 6 round trips before June to get 6k points (with the option to earn more with more flights). I logged onto my account today and see a link for this, but it does not allow me to register. Has anyone else been able to register?

I am curious to know if this is really targeted or just SAS IT at its finest

Link: http://www.bonuschallenge.com/se/Home/signup
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:07 pm

Using your link it worked for me:

Nu är du anmäld till Bonus Challenge. Inom 36 timmar får du även en bekräftelse från oss via e-post. Vill du justera antalet resor du satsat, så har du möjlighet att göra det t.o.m. 30 mars.
Lycka till!
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Nice, hope you can mange to swing a few extra points your way^. Out of curiosity, did you get an email from SAS as well? Perhaps it is just me they don't like
Old Mar 24, 2014, 2:17 pm

No, didn't receive the mail yet - but they have 33 hours left. Pretty weird that it takes so long to generate a mail in the system. Probably some guy in India has to write it by hand

Did you try to enter your full number including the EBG prefix?
Old Mar 24, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: *G
sorry, but my email says:
"P.S. This challenge is by invitation only, it is based on your past travel behavior and cannot be transferred to any other person.

Terms & conditions
The Bonus Challenge applies only to SAS operated flights
Travel period: April 14 to June 30, 2014.
More about the Bonus Challenge"
Old Mar 24, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: SK-EBD*G, AF Ivory, Hertz Pres Circle, SPG, Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Have not got mail and link did not work, (got a message saying i had not been sent the personal invitation)
Old Mar 25, 2014, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pswe
Have not got mail and link did not work, (got a message saying i had not been sent the personal invitation)
Same here. Can't figure out why they bother to put the link after I log into my account if it is targeted so I cannot register. Why not just keep the registration link in the personal emails
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:40 am

Programs: SAS/A* DIAMOND/GOLD, GHA Black, HHonors Diamond
Mega weird. Tried the Danish banner that was on my log-in page. "Not invited" Tried the Swedish one. "Not invited" (Didn't get a mail)

Difference. Then tried again, typing EBG and then number. Now it worked - on the Swedish link, not the Danish. (I'm Danish)

SAS IT-department. Cracks me up.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:17 am

Got my confirmation mail now (at 11am - took 16 hours):

Nu är du med i Bonus Challenge

Hej fassy!

Tack för att du har anmält dig till Bonus Challenge! Du har satsat på att du kommer att göra 12 t/r resor med SAS mellan 14 april och 30 juni 2014. Vi håller tummarna för att du lyckas – och att du får dina 60 000 välförtjänta Extrapoäng. Dessutom tjänar du självklart Baspoäng precis som vanligt på dina resor.

Vill du justera antalet resor du satsar har du möjlighet att göra det här fram till den 30 mars 2014.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: Skywards GOLD, Eurobonus DIAMOND, Etihad Guest GOLD
Originally Posted by don_hansen
Mega weird. Tried the Danish banner that was on my log-in page. "Not invited" Tried the Swedish one. "Not invited" (Didn't get a mail)

Difference. Then tried again, typing EBG and then number. Now it worked - on the Swedish link, not the Danish. (I'm Danish)

SAS IT-department. Cracks me up.
Diddn't get anything either! (Guess its because I allready have 9 bookings till this periode, so SAS not going to reward me with 60k points) :-(

/schwert
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:30 am

Does any one know if the tickets have to be booked as return tickets, or would 2 one-ways count as 1 return?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:41 am

Usually it needs to be booked as return ticket, open jaw worked for me before as well.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 2:12 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
I got the invite last year, but didn't make my target (Lot of WF legs, basically very few outright return trips). I didn't get the invite this year (20 legs remaining to hit EBD before the end of July), but my partner did (low EBS)
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
For a long time, I was happy to see I got now this challenge, but...

Require 9 rt to get 30k in less than 2 months: pass

BTW I wonder if they calculate HEL-ARN-XXX rt as one or two as it is 4 legs
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:22 am

Yeah I got the new one aswell and it's not as appealing, it's too few points (30k for 6 r/t trips for me) and too short time compared to last one (60k for 9 r/t trips for me).

Also I was a bit discouaraged after finishing the last challenge I got an email saying I hadn't completed it, and it took me over an hour with the chat support to convince them that their t/c didn't state that you had to book the trips before you had to sign up aswell. They kept refering to all the emails they had sent, which didn't say it either, but a bit frustrating they couldn't just read their own t/c as soon as I told them that they were wrong...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.