Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Eurobonus re-launch with new level above Gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2013, 7:27 am

Programs: EK Gold, SK Gold

Oh I see, sorry cant help you there.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by AndoniDK
Is there a way to know how many basic points I had in my last qualifying period?

I know I earned 120k but I don't know how many of those were basic, as I have their credit card and have had hotel stays giving points too.

I only started my new qualifying period a couple of months ago. When they launch the program, would they be looking at the "last 12 months" or at the "previous/current qualifying period"?
Log in to your account, for the current year it is quite easy to see. Will be at the top left of the activities. For past years you will have to count manually, but all lines are indicated as basis or extra points. My activity list goes back to joining in 1996, so only depends on how much patience you have for going back. ;-)
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:23 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by Schwert
By the way, I guess they will accept all basic points, its only guys like myself that reach gold on number of trips way before the points, due to many intra scandinavian flights. Sadly they sold Widerøe (unless they still will count as SK metal due to 20% ownership) because that would put me way over 150 trips next year :-)
Widerøe has been very clear since the sale that they want to continue their commercial arrangement with SK as it is, including earning on their commercial routes
Old Oct 11, 2013, 3:45 am

Programs: Skywards GOLD, Eurobonus DIAMOND, Etihad Guest GOLD
Originally Posted by ksu
Widerøe has been very clear since the sale that they want to continue their commercial arrangement with SK as it is, including earning on their commercial routes
I know, but EARNING EB points is NOT the same as counting the sector as SK metal, as my sectors are way ahead of my point earnings
Old Oct 15, 2013, 9:19 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by Schwert
I know, but EARNING EB points is NOT the same as counting the sector as SK metal, as my sectors are way ahead of my point earnings
So am I. And my most frequent route is KSU-TRD, which is WF.

There are no signals that keeping arrangements as they are does not mean counting WF as "SAS Metal" also in the future. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 2:42 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
EB Relaunch

Anyone else getting a little impatient? I should rephrase perhaps. Is anyone else a little excited/anxious/nervous about the EB relaunch?

For me personally, I am hoping for a new level above Gold which is a very realistic target for me, so in this instance I am excited about any new potential beneifts.

On the other hand, can we possibly be looking at a devaluation of the program, which makes me anxious as SAS are my main carrier and the value with EB in my opinion is already quite poor!

Thoughts?
Old Oct 23, 2013, 7:56 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Diamond
I'm the same. I'm starting to get impatient.

Also, what benefits can they offer to differentiate from EBG?
- 40-50% extra bonus points?
- Upgrades?
- Free meals?
- More seat availability for award travel?

Cannot wait!
Old Oct 23, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Cool

Originally Posted by AndoniDK
I'm the same. I'm starting to get impatient.

Also, what benefits can they offer to differentiate from EBG?
- 40-50% extra bonus points?
- Upgrades?
- Free meals?
- More seat availability for award travel?

Cannot wait!
Could be 1-150k to qualify,

Free lounge access for 2 guests
35% bonus miles
Free day of departure plus upgrade (space available)
50% off upgrades on long haul at T-24/48hrs

These would be concrete benefits... Still doubt I would go back to SAS but might retain some customers
Old Oct 24, 2013, 5:14 am

Programs: Skywards GOLD, Eurobonus DIAMOND, Etihad Guest GOLD
Talking

Originally Posted by kauppias
Could be 1-150k to qualify,

Free lounge access for 2 guests
35% bonus miles
Free day of departure plus upgrade (space available)
50% off upgrades on long haul at T-24/48hrs

These would be concrete benefits... Still doubt I would go back to SAS but might retain some customers
Heard somewhere that a spouse gold card was included as well
Old Oct 24, 2013, 2:39 pm

Probably you get a T-Shirt and a free wrap or sandwitch in GO
Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
- Default upgrades when seats are available in higher cabin.
- No blackout dates/flights on reward travel.
- Free or discounted parking at ARN would be welcome, similar to how IcelandAir provides free parking at KEF for Saga Gold.

It needs to have *anything* making it really worth it and hard to get to. Renewing EBG just requires 2 long hauls on Y or C, it's a joke.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
The November issue of Scanorama has the following teaser:

"Eurobonus restructures: SAS's loyalty program is upgrading. A new membership level is in the pipeline as well as a raft of other improvements that will make it even more rewarding. Watch this space."

http://www.scanorama.com/

Svantevit
Old Nov 2, 2013, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Svantevit

"Eurobonus restructures: SAS's loyalty program is upgrading. A new membership level is in the pipeline as well as a raft of other improvements that will make it even more rewarding. Watch this space."

Svantevit
With all the teasers and no action, this is becoming the new app. Expect go live in '15 ;-)
Old Nov 3, 2013, 2:21 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Svantevit

At least they didn't say 'enhancements'.

cheers,

Henry
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
With all the teasers and no action, this is becoming the new app. Expect go live in '15 ;-)
This. I have to believe it will not be released this year now, and hope that 2014 will be the year!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.