Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS to Tel Aviv

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
A once a week seasonal flight doesn't completely invalidate FDP's argument and concerns. Despite the link mentioning support from the Ministry of Tourism, I find it very hard to believe that the complete lack of flights to TLV. Hopefully Sweden's next government is more sensible and will revert certain political moves the current government made that are not in either country's interest.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:36 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
A once a week seasonal flight doesn't completely invalidate FDP's argument and concerns. Despite the link mentioning support from the Ministry of Tourism, I find it very hard to believe that the complete lack of flights to TLV. Hopefully Sweden's next government is more sensible and will revert certain political moves the current government made that are not in either country's interest.
No governmental shareholder stopped SAS from launching service to Israel before or now, this time to Eilat.

Crazy conspiracy theories about shareholders pulling strings against service to Israel never convinced me of anything more than that there are people who will peddle narratives regardless of the facts.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:12 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GUWonder
No governmental shareholder stopped SAS from launching service to Israel before or now, this time to Eilat.
+1
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK-EBD
The new winterroute Stockholm-Eilat is according to news media sponsored by Israel. 45 Euro/pax from the government and 15 Euro/pax from local tourist organizations. No mention if this is for a startup-period only.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
The new winterroute Stockholm-Eilat is according to news media sponsored by Israel. 45 Euro/pax from the government and 15 Euro/pax from local tourist organizations. No mention if this is for a startup-period only.
Government subsidies kick-starting a route indeed.

It should be interesting to see how long this route lasts with these subsidies; and for how long it lasts without these subsidies.

60EUR/passenger of bait money can produce some returns; but the destination parties are competing against a bunch of rather low-cost destinations with their own cheap flight and hotel and dining/entertainment options. I will be interested to see how award availability and promo award pricing ends up being for this route.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:57 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Trump take notice: we will start a direct flight to bring drunk Scandinavians to Eilat and we will make Israel pay for it!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 5:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by tsastor
Trump take notice: we will start a direct flight to bring drunk Scandinavians to Eilat and we will make Israel pay for it!
Be careful, since the SAS is accepting the illegal subsidy the US DOC may impose a 60€/pax counter veilling duty on one flight/week from ARN to the US....
Old Apr 26, 2017, 5:27 am
Suspended

SAS will charge for drinks on this route too? Then there won't be too many drunk passengers on this flight, as they will save their money for drinks on arrival.

This service does seem to be yet another sign that SAS is geared mostly toward those who are one with the charter tourist kind of crowd.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Be careful, since the SAS is accepting the illegal subsidy the US DOC may impose a 60€/pax counter veilling duty on one flight/week from ARN to the US....

Countervailing duties being implemented by us for this are unlikely. While I do see some veils on flights from ARN to the US, it's just not many. And so counter-veiling duties also seem overkill, fancy them as some may here.
Old May 2, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
As a comment to my questions from last year about flights from CPH to TLV on other airlines than SAS:
I have been waiting for SAS to start flying again but gave up and just bought a ticket with OS - very good timings (departure CPH 10.10, arrival TLV 17.35 and departure TLV 16.10, arrival CPH 22.05).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.