Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

OT: Double Points with US Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: Double Points with US Airways

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:47 am
Koc

Possible to credit these miles to my EB account? Or can I only burn bought miles through Dividend Miles?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jumbooze
Yes, that takes care off Off-peak, but when is Low,Medium,High?
Thanx
For US Airways' own flights, they have three-tier pricing for each class of service. They sort of price award tickets based on prevailing regular paid fare prices/availability -- so the higher the regular paid fare on a given flight, the more likely more miles will be required for an award seat on that flight.

Personally, I find the 3-tier award pricing mechanism to be nothing but a scheme to devalue miles.

Originally Posted by Koc
Possible to credit these miles to my EB account? Or can I only burn bought miles through Dividend Miles?
Only available for crediting to US Airways accounts. You are then subject to US Airways award travel pricing and other practices when using those miles. To be eligible for this latest deal, you have to be a US Airways member for something close to 2 weeks, so sign up now if you haven't already to open an account. You can put an award reservation on hold with US Airways for 3 days and buy miles after putting it on hold -- so you don't waste money for miles you won't use.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Koc
Only for Dividend miles, and with their partner award chart you wouldn't want the points on EB anyhow.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 5:15 am

Programs: EBG, Finnair
Award chart interpretation

If this has been discussed elsewhere, please direct me. I have problems figuring out the differences between SK/EB and US/EB award chart tables.

http://www.usairways.com/pv_obj_cach...wardtravel.pdf

http://www.flysas.com/upload/Eurobon...chart_0909.gif

Both state for instance 25k for intra Europe in economy.

US Airways/EB requires 70K for Europe-South Central Asia
SK/EB requires 90 to Asia.

US Airways/EB requires 60K for Europe-Africa
SK/EB requires 90 to southern Africa.

Why the difference on some distances but not for instance intra Europe.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by MrsAina
Why the difference on some distances but not for instance intra Europe.
Different business models, different agreements with local carriers, different sets of customers, different types of breakfasts for the award inventory managers.

Point is though, does it matter? It is what it is and you should use whichever gives the least point expenditure in a given area (which is almost always US).

Oh, and you don't want to redeem Economy seats. That's bad karma. Go for C/J redemptions.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: EBG, Finnair
Originally Posted by SocialAdept
It is what it is and you should use whichever gives the least point expenditure in a given area (which is almost always US).
Had to make sure that I wasn't getting the heading (To/from: ) in the US chart totally wrong; that is a single trips. Have only used EB previously but purchased US during their previous campaign. Will add some more now.

Originally Posted by SocialAdept
Oh, and you don't want to redeem Economy seats. That's bad karma. Go for C/J redemptions.
Agree, will go for C or J where available.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 7:56 am

So, the "Buy, gift or share" promo comes around every 2-3 months on average?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Doitsu
So, the "Buy, gift or share" promo comes around every 2-3 months on average?
It's usually about 3-4 times each year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.