Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SJC - San Francisco Taxi

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2016, 8:45 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Might be cheaper to rent a car one-way and drop it off near the hotel.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Personally my first choice would be UberX. It's inexpensive and reliable. Understand, though, that the driver typically has a compact car. It's not fancy and it may not accommodate excessive luggage. If I wanted fanciness or had a lot of luggage I would look up a limo service in advance. With a bit of negotiation on the phone (in advance) I would expect a rate of about $85 plus gratuity ($15 is reasonable).
Found myself booking a reward flight from Europe home to SJC instead of SFO because of availability. Long trip and don't want to risk a small UberX car or mediocre driver. Can anyone please recommend a reliable town car/sedan service that I can reserve in advance for a reasonable price? Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:31 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
what do you consider a reasonable price?

100? 150? From SJC to downtown SF???or Where?

I sometimes use execucar (the sedan service owned by super shuttle) from SF to SFO.

From SJC to Union Square , as an example is between 150-165.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by squeakr
100? 150? From SJC to downtown SF???or Where?

I sometimes use execucar (the sedan service owned by super shuttle) from SF to SFO.

From SJC to Union Square , as an example is between 150-165.
I'd consider 150 reasonable I think. I left that open ended because someone else mentioned being able to negotiate for less than 100, which I found impressive.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:23 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Post was from about a year ago

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
I'd consider 150 reasonable I think. I left that open ended because someone else mentioned being able to negotiate for less than 100, which I found impressive.
And it was 85+ tip of 15. I don't know that it be possible to match that but I think his recommendation to call in advance and see what you can work out is a good one.

I have occasionally use limos.com for other locations and found relatively reasonable prices, but with slightly more sketchy car services. Plugging in a random date in April from a ride from San Jose to Union Square the cheapest price there including tip and tax was $150.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.