Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

San Jose CA / SJC Airport Airline Club@SJC Lounge (Confirmed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2018, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Please edit or add information to this wiki as necessary.

The Club@SJC (link) is the sole lounge operating at SJC currently; it is located in Terminal A across from Gate A-15.

A second Club location opened Oct 2019 in the former Admirals Lounge space by gate 8.

The Club is operated by a private company, Dallas-based Airport Lounge Development, which is subcontracting the day-to-day services to Gideon Toal Management Services, headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas. Airport Lounge Development operates ... other VIP lounges... (San José Mercury)
Amenities include complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, WiFi, showers, computers connected to the Internet.

The Club@SJC is free to departing passengers on ANA, British Airways and Lufthansa Business Class (or higher if offered). Those on other airlines may qualifying departing International flights. It is available to Priority Pass members, and Diners Card holders.

Priority Pass has more than one membership class, and the one that comes with AMEX is free for cardholders and $27 for guests; Diners Club has a $25 guest fee.

Access cost for those who are not otherwise covered is $35.00 per person per day. The lounge, open from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily, has showers, and offers free snacks and beverages, WiFi, work stations with PCs and (fee) conference rooms.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

I heard rumors about the SJC Airline lounge being built in the Federal Inspection across from gate A-15 and confirmed it today by calling the airport administration who confirmed a shared lounge that runs Club@DFW, Club@RDU and Club@LAS and now Club@SJC.

You can visit http://www.theclubairportlounges.com/ for more information about their lounges. For instance here is a coupon for a day pass at RDU http://www.theclubairportlounges.com...ial-offers.php.

Priority Pass Lounge Access program is behind this so Priority Pass will be accepted here. You can use the lounge no matter if you are flying within terminal A or B, Southwest Airlines etc. I saw a special for a Day Pass@DFW for $19 on the website.

The airport administration Development employee confirmed that there will be shower facilities, a bar with complimentary alcohol, snacks etc.

I visited the Club@DFW and was impressed with the way it was operated. They offered an open bar with a pretty decent offering.

This is great news and the lounge should be open at the beginning of 2013 with the commencement of ANA to Japan.

Please tell your friends and family about it(:
Old Dec 8, 2012, 3:23 pm

Great news!

SJC is my home base so this is certainly a welcome addition. It'll be interesting to see how this new lounge compares to the former Admiral's Club (in terms of traffic/amenities).

I do wonder, though. The only way to get into this Club@SJC is either through a Priority Pass (or some of the other independent lounge programs) membership or though some kind of day pass. Most of the Priority Pass lounges are affiliated with another airline and the few Club@XXX lounges are at legacy-heavy airports. The rise of LCCs (and consequent withdraw of legacies) at SJC is going to be a real challenge for any lounges. The placement in Terminal A certainly reflects the target audience.

Nevertheless, good news. Now if only AA would work out some kind of agreement . . . (please, Santa?)
Old Dec 8, 2012, 10:40 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Apparently to get ANA to offer the SJC-NRT nonstop service, SJC had to promise a lounge. I think this is the result of that requirement which means at least ANA will have an agreement for its lounge-eligible customers.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

I imagine that with ANA's presence they would have to include hot food as well. The Club@SJC is part of the Collinson Group who runs PriorityPass and runs other lounges at DFW,LAS and RDU.

I have been to the DFW lounge and they had self-serve alcohol such as Campari, Whiskey, good beer like Guinness and the wines were good. I believe this will be similar and they could have a bar.

I am looking forward to seeing it for myself and will report back when I do so. I am going to see if I can get a security pass to visit the lounge if I am not flying on the day but may have a trip in January.

I hope ANA will make this lounge a premiere one as opposed to the domestic lounges of airlines that only have snacks. We shall see.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Possibly they will have affiliations with credit cards such as Amex Platinum as well. From what I was told more information will be on the SJC website soon so we will know more.

Originally Posted by Javelin
Great news!

SJC is my home base so this is certainly a welcome addition. It'll be interesting to see how this new lounge compares to the former Admiral's Club (in terms of traffic/amenities).

I do wonder, though. The only way to get into this Club@SJC is either through a Priority Pass (or some of the other independent lounge programs) membership or though some kind of day pass. Most of the Priority Pass lounges are affiliated with another airline and the few Club@XXX lounges are at legacy-heavy airports. The rise of LCCs (and consequent withdraw of legacies) at SJC is going to be a real challenge for any lounges. The placement in Terminal A certainly reflects the target audience.

Nevertheless, good news. Now if only AA would work out some kind of agreement . . . (please, Santa?)
Old Dec 9, 2012, 6:44 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

They wouldn't need to affiliate with Amex Plat since US Amex Plat cardholders get Priority Pass included with membership.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

I spoke with a nice woman at Priority Pass and she confirmed that the Club SJC joins the program on January 10th in time for the ANA flight. The lounge will be located across from Gate A-15(Federal Inspection Area) on level 3.

As of now the hours which can be subject to change will be from 5 AM- 10 PM.

You can go to www.sjc.org or www.prioritypass.com for more information which should be posted soon.

All in all this is great news for SJC and please tell your friends and family about the new lounge. I hope we can have a SJC FT meeting one of these days in the conference room at the lounge. Would be nice to meet fellow FTers at SJC. If not in the conference room when we travel.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K
It would be great if ANA could offer up lounge access to *G members... then I can start routing my TPAC flights from SJC
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Apparently to get ANA to offer the SJC-NRT nonstop service, SJC had to promise a lounge. I think this is the result of that requirement which means at least ANA will have an agreement for its lounge-eligible customers.
Yes can you imagine flying C and there's no lounge at all. At least SJC finally got rid of the tarmac boarding and stair trucks.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:25 pm

http://t.co/vej6O7Wd

Here's a picture of their ad I found at Terminal B security last week.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 3:02 pm
Used to be HSDebateCoach

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat, MR Plat Premier, Hertz Presidents Circle
Thank goodness for finally having a lounge!

(selfishly wishing it had been a SkyClub since I have a membership but this will be good too)
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:42 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Will Alaska offer Board Room members access to the SJC Club? When I last visited the SFO BR The Club members were listed as eligible for access.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:05 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Sounds like a great addition to SJC. I would love to see a tie in with the UC or SC, but if the day passes are affordable, that will work too. I don't mind paying if the offerings a re worthwhile.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 1:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Very good news indeed ^

For more info about The Club, here's the FT thread about their RDU location:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...-club-rdu.html
Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Too bad it is a Priority Pass affiliated club and not contracted by UA. I just don't see paying $27/entry to this club when at SJC on top of the cost of my flat rate UC membership. And Priority Pass covers so few clubs accessible to me while I fly United domestically, it is not worth me upgrading the basic PP membership that comes with my HHonors Surpass AmEx and dumping UC.

Originally Posted by danielonn
I saw a special for a Day Pass@DFW for $19 on the website.
This also speaks to the poor value of PP when it costs more to use the PP at a club owned by the company that operates PP than to just walk up to the door with a coupon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.