Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Test drive a car, get a gift card thread?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Test drive a car, get a gift card thread?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:22 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

CANADA ONLY: Earn 2,500 Aeroplan Miles for test-driving a 2015 Volvo V60 Sportswagon. 25-40k more miles if you buy one.

http://www3.aeroplan.com/promotions/...ortCookie=true
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Great find! Test drove an ELR, and promo paperwork was a breeze. They are strictly enforcing the non-GM owner clause in the T&C since this promo is part of a conquest campaign, and $50 of the $100 is coming from the individual dealership's pocket (vs. all from corporate like some promos).

Received this via email today:

"Thank you for test driving a Cadillac vehicle during the Cadillac Spring Event. In appreciation for your interest, you will soon receive a $100 Cadillac Visa Prepaid Card."

Happy to see that everything was processed correctly.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Received this via email today:

"Thank you for test driving a Cadillac vehicle during the Cadillac Spring Event. In appreciation for your interest, you will soon receive a $100 Cadillac Visa Prepaid Card."

Happy to see that everything was processed correctly.
My card came the day after I received that email.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Got my Cadillac $100 gift card too.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by kebosabi
$100 prepaid VISA Card for Cadillac Test Drive (must own non-GM vehicle 2004 or newer)

http://www.cadillac.com/current-offers.html
FWIW, I didn't have a non-GM vehicle that was newer than 2004. Used my 2000 Ford Truck and still got the $100 VGC. Already spent it at WM a week ago.

Also did not need to test drive any car either. They just took down the registration information of the old vehicle, and my name/address. In and out of there within 10 minutes.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by zipo
They normally don't make you test drive the car

That was the overriding message you got from my post?

At any rate, yes... I guess it was unnecessary to add this supplimental detail.
Old May 1, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
I test drove a Cadillac yesterday. I mentioned that I had seen the promo on the Kelly Blue Book site. Very pleasant drive in the vehicle and nice salesman. Surprised that the gas mileage of the SUV was similar to my Toyota RAV4. Just twice the price.
Old May 2, 2014, 12:08 am

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
$100 Visa Gift Card for test-driving a Cadillac Offer ended 4/30/2014.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Got another Kia test drive offer ($25) in my email. Check your spam folder.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Got another Kia test drive offer ($25) in my email. Check your spam folder.
They really want me to test drive the K900. I haven't seen this particular promo yet, but their other email promotions are sure trying to entice me. Unfortunately, the car was ripped by just about every credible review.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:22 am
Original Poster

$50 VISA gift card for 2015 Chevy Suburban TD

Seems simple enough:

1. Print out webpage
2. Take to Chevy Dealer
3. Do TD (if you want to)
4. Get 6 digit dealer code
5. Go to chevrolettestdriveoffer.com
6. Enter in certificate number (on webpage) and dealer code
7. Get $50 VISA GC

Valid thru 2014/7/26

Last edited by kebosabi; Jun 23, 2014 at 11:30 am
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:33 pm

$50 VISA gift card for 2015 Chevy Suburban TD

Seems simple enough:

1. Print out webpage
2. Take to Chevy Dealer
3. Do TD (if you want to)
4. Get 6 digit dealer code
5. Go to chevrolettestdriveoffer.com
6. Enter in certificate number (on webpage) and dealer code
7. Get $50 VISA GC

Valid thru 2014/7/26

I am thinking that maybe you did something to generate this email. Did you previously see a webpage/solicitation where you gave your name, address and email (register)? That seems to be the way these things often work.

Have you gone in to do the test drive?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Agrolingua
I am thinking that maybe you did something to generate this email. Did you previously see a webpage/solicitation where you gave your name, address and email (register)? That seems to be the way these things often work.

Have you gone in to do the test drive?
I just went to http://socialmail.com/chevrolet/newsletters and there were two choices. One was one the left was a test drive for the Chevy Suburban TD and the one on the right was for the Chevy Tahoe TD. The latter was already expired, so just posted the link for the active one.

Doesn't seem like any sign up for an e-mail is necessary to activate this link. It seems to be a page where anyone can view this newsletter offer and subscribe to it if they want to.

I will go do the TD today at my nearest Chevy dealer and post back with results.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:55 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

I did this a few years ago at a Burlington, MA (USA) mall. I didn't even need to drive, and whichever company it was gave participants a $30 Simon (shopping center company) gift certificate.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:05 pm

I just went to http://socialmail.com/chevrolet/newsletters and there were two choices. One was one the left was a test drive for the Chevy Suburban TD and the one on the right was for the Chevy Tahoe TD. The latter was already expired, so just posted the link for the active one.

Doesn't seem like any sign up for an e-mail is necessary to activate this link. It seems to be a page where anyone can view this newsletter offer and subscribe to it if they want to.

I will go do the TD today at my nearest Chevy dealer and post back with results.
Thanks for the info. I hope you post what happens on your test drive. At some point in time they will probably need your name, address, etc. Generally on the test drives I have done you register online and provide all the details and then it generates the invitation to the test drive. So, I would be interested what the dealer needs to plug in on this promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.