Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Open jaw flights FRA-Moscow; St Pete-FRA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2010, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Open jaw flights FRA-Moscow; St Pete-FRA

Is there any airline which will offer open jaw flights FRA to Moscow, then returning from St Pete to FRA? I will be travelling with about 6-8 friends Sept 2011.

I just called Lufthansa ..... and the agent told me that they do not offer open-jaw tickets to Russia. I would have to buy 2 one-way tickets ..... each about US$850, total of $1600-1700.

Aeroflot could does not allow open jaw (multi-city) rez on their web site .... and when I called their US reservations office, the agent could not understand what I meant by "open jaw." Besides, according to their web-site, they do not offer a non-stop St Pete to FRA ..... we'd have to route ourselves via Moscow.

Any insight from anyone?

TIA
Old Sep 2, 2010, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kevinsac
Is there any airline which will offer open jaw flights FRA to Moscow, then returning from St Pete to FRA? I will be travelling with about 6-8 friends Sept 2011.

I just called Lufthansa ..... and the agent told me that they do not offer open-jaw tickets to Russia. I would have to buy 2 one-way tickets ..... each about US$850, total of $1600-1700.

Aeroflot could does not allow open jaw (multi-city) rez on their web site .... and when I called their US reservations office, the agent could not understand what I meant by "open jaw." Besides, according to their web-site, they do not offer a non-stop St Pete to FRA ..... we'd have to route ourselves via Moscow.

Any insight from anyone?

TIA
LH agent is wrong

For example this LH fare (in $500 range rt)
LNC0S3
OPEN JAWS
FARES MAY BE COMBINED ON A HALF ROUND TRIP BASIS
-TO FORM SINGLE OR DOUBLE OPEN JAWS.
A MAXIMUM OF 2 FARE COMPONENTS PERMITTED

Check ITA
Old Sep 3, 2010, 5:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
You can even book open jaw on LH own web site - just click on the Multi-segment journey (Multi-city/stopover) link. Just made a random mock booking which priced up at just under 200 into DME and out of LED.

If you are looking a booking something in September 2011, it might be that you are having problems as it is way to early and they are not even selling seats on flights more than a year away.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 1:38 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
If you can't get LH to cave on the open jaw, you might want to try LCC Air Berlin. It would be two, one-way tickets (not an open jaw) but the prices are much lower than what LH is quoting you.

Another option is two one ways on Air Baltic (through Riga).
Old Sep 10, 2010, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by dcmike
If you can't get LH to cave on the open jaw, you might want to try LCC Air Berlin. It would be two, one-way tickets (not an open jaw) but the prices are much lower than what LH is quoting you.

Another option is two one ways on Air Baltic (through Riga).
Germanwings flies CGN-MOW/LED and CGN is a 1 hour train ride from FRA...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.