Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz Carlton RC Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2011, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Avis First
Ritz Carlton RC Hong Kong

I tried a search but couldn't find anything. Please merge this if it is elsewhere.

I know they just opened today and I'll be staying next week. I'm hoping someone can post some info by then. I'll try to post some pics once I'm there.

Any specific pic requests?

How long after opening do they usually accept reward stays?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Here are some pics:

http://mediagallery.usatoday.com/Rit...el/G2127,A8781
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:07 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Here's a report of my stay:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...hong-kong.html
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Avis First
I completed my stay earlier this week and will write a brief TR on it and I have a bunch of pictures. I'm not sure if I should put it here or in the Luxury Hotels forum.

Also, can someone tell me how to insert my pictures in the threads?

Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Does anyone know if we can use MR points to redeem a club-level room at RCHK? I know that it costs 70,000 points to get a deluxe room per day. Has anyone tried to use more points or pay an upgrade fee to a club-level room with MR points?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by ktjan
Does anyone know if we can use MR points to redeem a club-level room at RCHK? I know that it costs 70,000 points to get a deluxe room per day. Has anyone tried to use more points or pay an upgrade fee to a club-level room with MR points?
as far as i know, club level upgrades need to be done in cash.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The PP line told me no, but I might be able to get a club level room by paying cash on top of the points for the basic room. If available, figure on something like US$150-200 per night for a single room.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The PP line told me no, but I might be able to get a club level room by paying cash on top of the points for the basic room. If available, figure on something like US$150-200 per night for a single room.

I called MR and basically got the same response. They told me I couldn't get an upgrade with extra points. And they said that its up to the hotel to offer an club-level room with an upgrade fee on top of the 70,000 points.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:56 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist
Thumbs down My review about Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong

Allow me to begin my saying that this was my first time staying at any of the Ritz-Carlton hotels. I usually stay at the Sheraton, Shangri-la, Marina Bay Sands, and One Harmony (JAL) hotels. Originally I booked for a suite for 3 nights, then I extended by 4 more nights in a regular room.

During my first 3 nights at the hotel the check-in process was smooth and efficient. I received my key cards in no time and rapidly arrived to my room. The suite was spacious and most of my room requests were available prior to arrival with a basket of complimentary sweets. However, I was disappointed that I was not given a room on a high floor neither were my foam pillows available prior to arrival.

During my stay the service was very slow where it took from 10 – 15 minutes to get something delivered to my room such as pillows, towels, and toothbrushes. This is completely unacceptable for a small hotel with very limited rooms. In addition, it takes time for house keeping to arrive to clean my room (when I stayed at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, once I pressed the call button within 5 minutes house keeping was ringing my doorbell waiting to clean the room. Unfortunately this was never the case during my 8 nights stay in this hotel.)

3 nights later I decide to extend my stay by 2 additional nights, so I had to switch rooms since I’m changing from a suite to a regular room. I was told by the front desk that my luggage would automatically be waiting for me in my new room upon returning from my trip. When I returned to the hotel to get my new key cards, I was shocked to know that I had to stand in queue to get my new key cards, despite telling them I just wanted to get my key cards. In addition, I was never told that since my room had club lounge access I would be able to get my new key cards directly from the lounge rather than standing in queue to get my key cards. This process wasted approximately 30 - 45 minutes of my precious time (this includes waiting to get my luggage delivered to my new room.)

I have raised my concerns to the duty manager for the inconvenience caused to me by the slow service of the hotel. Originally I asked for a partial refund, but was offered a complimentary one-night stay with club lounge access. I accepted and extended my stay by 3 additional nights to utilize the compensation. I told the duty manager about my experiences with Shangri-la and One Harmony (JAL) hotels and how they compensated me and cared about me. I told her that Shangri-la offered me a refund for the massage in addition to a complimentary airport limousine transfer.

During my stay at the hotel with club lounge access I was shocked that different employees gave me different responses. For example on one occasion I was told that only the mango sweets did not contain alcohol, then few nights later I asked about the cookies and sweets offered all day at the lounge and was told that these also do not contain alcohol (why wasn’t I told about this in the first place? I did not enjoy my sweets at the lounge due to the lack of information caused by the employees themselves.) I told the duty manager about this and was offered complimentary sweets upon check-out. However, when I asked about a complimentary laundry service, she told me she can give me a 20% or 25% discount on the laundry service, but will not offer it to me for free. In addition I never received a complimentary airport transfer like I did with Shangri-La hotels. This is not the type service I expect to receive when I pay tremendous amount of money per night.

While I believe that the duty manager treated me specially and better than other hotel guests, however, I still believe that her compensations were not enough for the inconvenience caused by the slow service I received during my stay and for the price I paid to stay in this hotel. I am a golden circle member with Shangri-la and I believe that their compensations and customer service would have been much better than the Ritz-Carlton, not to mention I would have been upgraded to Jade member if I stayed there rather than the Rits-Carlton. I have many more complaints regarding my stay but I’m trying to keep my review short for the public.

To conclude, I am extremely disappointed and feel disgraced that the airport in Hong Kong had clear Direction of Qiblah for Muslim prayers and the Sheraton hotel in Kowloon had the direction of Qiblah but this hotel did not. It is clearly obvious to me that in addition to their tremendous over-priced night fees and slow service, they do not care a lot about Muslims and Halal food is limited there so if you are a Muslim and looking for a hotel with a Qiblah direction and Halal food in the club lounge, then this hotel is not for you and I would recommend you stay at the Sheraton Kowloon.

Would I recommend this hotel to my friends and family? NO, Would I ever come back to this hotel? It depends on their prices per night.

Last edited by aceboy44; Dec 17, 2014 at 11:03 pm
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Rooms at the hotel start on the 104th floor. This is too low?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:18 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, MR/RC Plat, KLM Plat, AS MVPG75K, UA Gold
LOL
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
I think the OP wanted to be on the 110th floor and higher

Originally Posted by aceboy44
Would I ever come back to this hotel? It depends on their prices per night.
After all the critcizing and disappointment, you still would consider coming back to this hotel depending on their pricing? Really?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:06 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I typically don't extend a hotel stay if I'm disappointed with the service, but that's just me.

By my count, the OP asked for compensation for service response, housekeeping, luggage delivery, reception queue, laundry, dessert labeling and Qiblah determination (and he had "many more complaints"). His post also suggests that he may have a history of expecting compensation.

I'm sure that during his stay, he had access to many mirrors. IMHO, he should have availed himself of one of them and taken a good, hard look at what he saw. YMMV.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
I think the OP wanted to be on the 110th floor and higher
Spot on

Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
After all the critcizing and disappointment, you still would consider coming back to this hotel depending on their pricing? Really?
The supply for 5 star hotels (with 40+ square meters per room) is limited in Hong Kong, so when supply is low and demand is high I think you would reconsider your options.

The Sheraton hotel has room starting from 27 square meters (which is not too comfortable for staying.) I am used to hotel rooms with 38 square meters and above.....

Shangri-la has what I'm looking for but it's a long walk distance to the metro station (location wise not very convenient and is expensive.)

Nevertheless, I still believe I was entitled to a complimentary airport transfer for the price I paid per room......... At least complimentary laundry would have been nice
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by dayone
and Qiblah determination.
When I was in Singapore, at the Marina Bay Sands (which is the most luxurious hotel in Singapore for your knowledge,) our room came with the direction of Qiblah. In addition, the staff at the Sheraton Kowloon know the direction of Qiblah, so if Marina Bay Sands and Sheraton Kowloon can do it, I see no valid excuse as to why the Ritz-Carlton can not...... Especially when their prices are much higher than Marina Bay Sands and Sheraton Kowloon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.