Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Religious Travelers
Reload this Page >

Miami -- walkable neighborhoods to stay over shabbat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy

Which neighborhoods in the Miami urban conglomeration have nice places to walk during shabbat and hotels, or apartments that can be rented, within walking distance?

Eruv doesn't matter -- and don't need to be in a place near a synagogue either.

Trying to find somewhere where there is something to see -- interesting architecture, historic sites -- that can be reached without a car or public transport from a hotel.

Last edited by salut0; Jan 3, 2017 at 9:07 pm
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:22 am
Suspended

Id say South Beach or Coconut Groove area will probably be the only 2 places where there sort of old buildings may be found. Bear in mind Fl was a swamp till after WII (yes St Ag up North was settled 100s of yrs ago, but that is a rare place in Fl)

If a shule isnt important why not hit Key West, great old buildings and homes, definitely a great walking place at least for the area bet Truman and Malory Sq
Old Jan 5, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum
Actually I have the same question. I will be at a conference in Miami in May. I definitely want to go to Shul Friday night, ideally find a Friday night meal somewhere and would like to go to Shul on Shabbat morning. Shabbat lunch is fine if I can't find somewhere for that - either kiddish or something simple in my hotel. I will be staying in Biscayne Bay Area for the conference but of course, will stay somewhere else if required for Shul. Shul would need to be Orthodox but I don't mind Sephardi or Ashkenazi. Thank you.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by feival
Actually I have the same question. I will be at a conference in Miami in May. I definitely want to go to Shul Friday night, ideally find a Friday night meal somewhere and would like to go to Shul on Shabbat morning. Shabbat lunch is fine if I can't find somewhere for that - either kiddish or something simple in my hotel. I will be staying in Biscayne Bay Area for the conference but of course, will stay somewhere else if required for Shul. Shul would need to be Orthodox but I don't mind Sephardi or Ashkenazi. Thank you.
Bunch of hotels by Collins Ave and 41st , US chains are Four Points, a Marriott Courtyard on I think 39th (or 36th) Fountainbleu and Eden Roc are a few blocks north of 41st. You walk over the Intercoastal and shuls galore www.godaven.com put in Miami Beach and look for address in the 40s

Also there are tons of condo buildings that have minyanim in them and meal wise theres a place in the Days Inn $60 per person or Rare in Tower41 over the IC I think $75 per meal. Havent been to either so I cant comment. Or theres places with takeout on 41st other side of IC from Collins

Most hotels will charge close to $40 + tx per night for parking, youd be best off using Uber to get around

check chabad to see if they have a joint near to where your conference is and if they serve meals there you may not have to relocate unless your hotel isnt Shabbos friendly, the hotels up in the 40s will know exactly what they will have to do to take care of you Shabbos wise

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.