Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

New Flight schedule with 9h layover! Rebooking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Flight schedule with 9h layover! Rebooking?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Question New Flight schedule with 9h layover! Rebooking?

In March i booked a Flight from SIN to ARN with a verry good conection in Doha. Now the schedule has changed and i have a 9h Layover.
The problem is, qatar now has only verry few (and bad) connections to ARN and my TA wont rebook me only, to a Flight fully operated by Qatar.
Do I have accept that, or could i fly aso, for example with a other OW airline?
Thanks
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:37 pm

Tobi Woasnet welcome to Flyertalk. You will find that most of your questions are already answered on this forum. A good starting point is the dashboard.

Through no fault of their own QR have an acute shortage of wide bodied aircraft and have announced a number of flight cancellations. The situation is just starting the long process of being resolved. See the Wiki on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...er-2016-a.html.

Before an answer can be given you need to find your ticketing class. This is not the cabin class but it says which cabin class. Then you need to find the change rules valid for your ticket. These are not shown on your ticket but your TA should have them. These range from fully flexible to no changes allowed. Your actions will depend on them.

QR is often very inflexible when it comes to changes of flights. They sometimes think that passengers are time travellers. Once my flight was cancelled and changed to the next flight but my onward connection was not! So i arrived in DOH 2 hours after my connection departed. When I queried it they wanted me to cancel and buy new flights! So beware.

Since you tranfer in DOH is over 8 hours you may qualify for Paid accommodation (STPC) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...l#post26899025.

I would suggest you ask your TA to request better connections free of charge due to the cancellations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.