Search

Which BOS Lounge (OWE)?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Ausriver
How's security check like?
There's a separate line for J and F pax at BOS terminal E. No Pre-Check, however. I was there Monday night for QR 744.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 5:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK Gold, LH SEN
Originally Posted by tboons
Both lounges are a dump. The terminal is overcrowded and both lounges barely have seats available.
As I posted already I would not want to spend more than forty minutes in any of the current terminal E lounges (Virgin is the nicest but still windowless and small). I think that it doesnt make sense to arrive more than 1.5 hours before boarding if in J or F.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 11:31 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Development
You cannot pass through security in Boston unless you have a ticket for departure from that terminal.
I was recently able to use the AF lounge with my southwest boarding pass to get through E security even though thy use terminal A. I simply told the TSA person I was going to the lounge. No sweat. Use priority pass for access.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by User Name
Your post made no sense as it made no reference to any evidence of switching terminals...

...this was just based upon someone already in Terminal E using a *A BP to access another *A lounge, which is something completely different.

Have you ever been to BOS?
BOS is my home airport but thank you for your condescension. The post I was referring to was a UA domestic passenger who had access terminal E to use a *A lounge as a *G. UA does not fly out of terminal E so they were not "already in the terminal."

Since you are a fan of evidence:

1. username tank089 accessed the LH lounge prior to a US airways shuttle flight back when US existed and were in *A.

2. username GUWonder: "I have used UA boarding passes at this BOS terminal E. TSA airport screeners are more interested in boarding pass's city of origin, date of travel and, most particularly, names and photo ID than terminal, airline code or airline operator.

3. username stefan76: "I usually go through security by the Southwest gates and tell them that I am using the Lounge. Never had an issue.
Last week the TSA agent even said "Oh you are going to use the Lounge" before opening my mouth, therefore there must be more people doing it."

Now this was obviously before southwest moved to terminal A but even the TSA agents are aware that people do this.

4. username nebraskaboy: "Yes, you can access any BOS terminal with a same day boarding pass by clearing security. As you know, there are no air-side connections between terminals so you'd have to clear security twice."

Originally Posted by sectflyer
I was recently able to use the AF lounge with my southwest boarding pass to get through E security even though thy use terminal A. I simply told the TSA person I was going to the lounge. No sweat. Use priority pass for access.
Some of the posts are quite old which is why I asked if it was a new policy or selectively enforced as other posters have been have clearly been able to to do this.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 11:48 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
How long would it normally take from landing to get to the car rental center?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:48 am

How long would it normally take from landing to get to the car rental center?
Can't tell you how long from landing as there are mutiple other factors involved such as taxi time, walk distance from gate, clearing Immigration and Customs, waiting for baggage etc.
But once you have done all that and exit the terminal, there is a shuttle bus that runs about every 10 to 15 minutes. It does a circuit of the terminals with last terminal being E (all international arrivals and most international departures). From Terminal E, journey time to the rental car centre is about 10 to 15 minutes, with one stop at the metro station on the way.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:57 pm

So I guess if our arrival time is 3pm, it is safe to reserve our rental car for 4pm...
Old Jun 24, 2016, 5:39 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
So I guess if our arrival time is 3pm, it is safe to reserve our rental car for 4pm...
3pm is about the tail end of the busiest international arrivals bank into BOS and can have longer wait times at immigration if the 1-3pm lot havent cleared out. Depending on the day there are about 15 international arrivals into terminal E between 1-3pm. On the other hand, I doubt the rental car company will penalize you for being late.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
It doesn't matter. The rental company will usually take your incoming flight information. You can show up an hour or two later, and there'll be no problem.

You should also be aware (on the return) that there are two loops to the car rental center. Make sure that you get on the right bus.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 7:22 pm

Our QR flight arrives at 1500 and depart at 2135, why QR wants to stay in BOS for more than six hours? Normally we see aircraft turn around in 3 hours?
Old Jun 24, 2016, 11:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK Gold, LH SEN
I don't think a Boston lounge thread has received d this much press in FT history!
Old Oct 22, 2016, 7:33 am

Does any one has any recent experience about QR check in agent interlining separate tickets at BOS?
Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:07 pm

Our QR flight arrives at 1500 and depart at 2135, why QR wants to stay in BOS for more than six hours? Normally we see aircraft turn around in 3 hours?
Suspect it's due to QR's hub banking at DOH. Current schedule leaves DOH at a time that matches lots of inbound connections, and arrives DOH in time for lots of outbound connections. Shorten the time the plane sits in BOS and you're correspondingly lengthening the time the passengers have to spend in DOH, reducing the marketability of QR's connecting services.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 8:17 pm

Crossing Terminals

I did this in August for the first time. Flying with my boss, who is UA. Present a valid boarding pass, say I'd like to access club X, and TSA lets you in the terminal. Check-in agent in other terminal described process. If you have pre-check, it's really not so far for the closer terminals (A to B, two halves of B).
Old Nov 7, 2016, 6:29 am

The three new gates nearing completion for the A380s at Boston look like marvelous structures, complete with what I hear are huge lounges several floors above ground with panoramic views of the city and the field. I do know that the three airlines planning on bringing the A380 to Logan (BA for sure, and Emirates & Lufthansa probable) will have access to this space (obviously). But I don't know if QR and others will. It would be nice if they did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.