Wiki Posts
Search

Which BOS Lounge (OWE)?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2016, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Which BOS Lounge (OWE)?

Since QR offers OWEs access to the Air France Lounge, I was wondering if that was the preferred option vs. the BA First Lounge which also allows OWEs access?
Old Jun 12, 2016, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA OWE
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Since QR offers OWEs access to the Air France Lounge, I was wondering if that was the preferred option vs. the BA First Lounge which also allows OWEs access?
They are both very poor lounges. The plus of the AF lounge is that it has a couple of windows. I would not want to spend more than 45 minutes in either.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 4:46 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Will be departing from BOS in NOV on Qatar J, OWE, BA first looks good on paper since it's called an F lounge, is that true?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:01 am
Suspended

Programs: EK Gold, LH SEN
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Will be departing from BOS in NOV on Qatar J, OWE, BA first looks good on paper since it's called an F lounge, is that true?
I was in this lounge once a year ago. I also would not want to spend more than an hour there. It is windowless. It has a self-serve bar and nothing more than nibbles if you are not flying BA First. It was not a large space. The lounge doesn't have amenities like shower, only a shared bathroom with Galleries. It was crowded with many BA/OW status passengers.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 6:16 am

Looks like not much option for J passenger from Boston. I thought one world would have better lounges.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by tboons
Looks like not much option for J passenger from Boston. I thought one world would have better lounges.
One part of the problem is that the main OW carrier, AA, doesn't operate from the terminal where QR and BA operate, so their Admirals Club lounges aren't an option.

The other part of the problem is that Boston's airport is extremely compact relative to most airports, and one consequence of that is inferior lounges, especially in the terminal that handles most international departures.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Development
They are both very poor lounges. The plus of the AF lounge is that it has a couple of windows. I would not want to spend more than 45 minutes in either.
Do either offer champagne and/or decent wines?
Old Jun 15, 2016, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK Gold, LH SEN
I think the staff would get you Prosecco or something sparkling in the Club/business lounge and in the First section there might be a bottle of Champagne (Maybe Moet IIRC) or Sparkling Wine. The First section is a small space with the main seating area facing a large television.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Champagne offered in BA lounge in both J and F sections.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 6:49 pm

So where should I go for shower? Going to fly 12hrs then 5 hours with only 1 hrs connection in DOH
Old Jun 15, 2016, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Ausriver
So where should I go for shower? Going to fly 12hrs then 5 hours with only 1 hrs connection in DOH
How long have you got? Not many options I can think of. Day-use room at the airport Hilton (easy, quick walk) would provide one expensive shower.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:00 pm

We've got time, will be departing from BOS 9ish in the evening.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:18 pm

AA lounge in Terminal B has showers. How you'd get there, I don't know. Not good form to buy a refundable ticket, access the terminal, use lounge, and cancel the ticket. Surely some people have done this. Some airports specifically allow access to any terminal with a ticket for departure from any terminal. I don't recall hearing about such a benefit at BOS.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by bedelman
AA lounge in Terminal B has showers. How you'd get there, I don't know. Not good form to buy a refundable ticket, access the terminal, use lounge, and cancel the ticket. Surely some people have done this. Some airports specifically allow access to any terminal with a ticket for departure from any terminal. I don't recall hearing about such a benefit at BOS.
I don't think you can move between terminals airside at BOS. I think there's were other BOS shower threads on FT.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 5:01 am

No wonder flights to BOS is way cheaper than NYC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.