Search

New Qatar Lounge DXB Concourse D?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SK *G
New Qatar Lounge DXB Concourse D?

Hi all,
I'm travelling tomorrow from DXB back to LHR on BA First but just noticed that Qatar have moved operations to Concourse D as well and have also just opened a new Premium Lounge (it's listed on their website alongside their Doha and Heathrow offerings now).

Anyone been to it? Would you recommend it over BA's new Concorde Bar offering? (And I'm guessing I'll have access to it?)
Old May 2, 2016, 6:50 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by CountOfTuscany1
Hi all,
I'm travelling tomorrow from DXB back to LHR on BA First but just noticed that Qatar have moved operations to Concourse D as well and have also just opened a new Premium Lounge (it's listed on their website alongside their Doha and Heathrow offerings now).

Anyone been to it? Would you recommend it over BA's new Concorde Bar offering? (And I'm guessing I'll have access to it?)
Regrettably you will not have access to the QR Lounge at DXB if travelling on a BA boarding pass.

There was a recent thread about this on another Forum.

Sorry to disappoint.

M
Old May 2, 2016, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Hey thanks for the quick reply, although shame that's the answer! Well I'll check out the BA lounge I guess!
Old May 2, 2016, 6:55 am

CountOfTuscany1 according to the http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/lounges.page the acceass rules for the DXB lounge are:
"DXB Qatar Airways Premium Lounge
Indulge in world-class luxury draped with aesthetic designs at the Qatar Airways Premium Lounge at Dubai International Airport. With our superior facilities, Qatar Airways First and Business Class customers and Privilege Club Platinum, Gold and Silver members can sit back, relax, and rejuvenate before their next journey. "
So since you are not flying QR then the answer is no you do not have access. you can find the lounges available to you at https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access even though it needs updating
Old May 2, 2016, 6:59 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Regrettably you will not have access to the QR Lounge at DXB if travelling on a BA boarding pass.

There was a recent thread about this on another Forum.

Sorry to disappoint.

M
Oh wow - that's a controversial move from QR Do you have a link to the other thread?

More info now on their site about the lounge here: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...i-airport.page

Status pax (Platinum, Gold, Silver) all given access. Although this part intrigues me...

Our VIP and First Class customers experience ultimate exclusivity in our ‘Private Lounge’ within the lounge.
As they only have F premium traffic from DXB I guess this is their way of mimicking the DOH set-up as best they can and segregating premium vs status pax. I also presume this will set a precedent for future QR lounges (BKK, CDG) if space permits.

I'm pleased they are providing a facility for status pax - interested to see a comparison of the two sections though!
Old May 2, 2016, 7:03 am
Original Poster

So based on the above if a non QR Privelege frequent flyer (e.g. BAEC Gold) were to fly QR economy from DXB to DOH, would they not be entitled access either?
Old May 2, 2016, 7:14 am

CountOfTuscany1 the DXB lounge is for the exclusive use of QR first class passengers and PC status members. Like the Al Safwa and Al Mourjan lounges in DOH Oneworld status has no effect regarding access.
Old May 2, 2016, 7:18 am

purple1addict the rules are stated in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...l#post26424509 thread post 544. The post includes a very amusing typo!
Old May 2, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by purple1addict
Oh wow - that's a controversial move from QR Do you have a link to the other thread?

More info now on their site about the lounge here: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...i-airport.page

Status pax (Platinum, Gold, Silver) all given access. Although this part intrigues me...

As they only have F premium traffic from DXB I guess this is their way of mimicking the DOH set-up as best they can and segregating premium vs status pax. I also presume this will set a precedent for future QR lounges (BKK, CDG) if space permits.

I'm pleased they are providing a facility for status pax - interested to see a comparison of the two sections though!
It is a very nice little lounge, but I did not see any segregated areas to distinguish between F and status passengers. There are a couple of 'family' booths which are nice.
Old May 2, 2016, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by remdk
CountOfTuscany1 the DXB lounge is for the exclusive use of QR first class passengers and PC status members. Like the Al Safwa and Al Mourjan lounges in DOH Oneworld status has no effect regarding access.
Thanks remdk, I guess the DXB lounge is slightly different in terms of access than Al Mourjan, since can't Oneworld Business /First class pax access Al Mourjan? (But it seems are denied access to the DXB QR lounge)

Last edited by CountOfTuscany1; May 2, 2016 at 7:54 am
Old May 2, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher

I cant post the link as I'm on mobile, but I believe I read it on the BT Forum, under the heading Qatar Lounge. Without double checking though, I could be wrong - but there were 4 pages or so of comments.

M
Old May 2, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by remdk
purple1addict the rules are stated in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...l#post26424509 thread post 544. The post includes a very amusing typo!
Hah, thanks

Originally Posted by VH-RMD
It is a very nice little lounge, but I did not see any segregated areas to distinguish between F and status passengers. There are a couple of 'family' booths which are nice.
Interesting - thanks for the feedback ^

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I cant post the link as I'm on mobile, but I believe I read it on the BT Forum, under the heading Qatar Lounge. Without double checking though, I could be wrong - but there were 4 pages or so of comments.

M
LOL, figures Will go check it out now, thanks!
Old May 2, 2016, 8:19 am

Found the link in my History...but you'll have to Copy and Paste it to view (see below)

Makes FT look like the friendliest Forum in the world!

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Qatar-lounge-access
Old May 2, 2016, 10:53 am

Status pax (Platinum, Gold, Silver) all given access.
I've seen contradictory statements on this. According to press releases on 27th April and 1st May, only Plats and Golds have access.
Old May 2, 2016, 11:40 am

I recently visited this lounge and the staff told me that only PC Platinum and Gold members have access to the lounge. Silver members are directed to the Dubai International Hotel Business Class lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.