Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Qatar Lounge DXB Concourse D?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
I've been through this lounge 4 times now since it opened, both as a QR FF in Y and paid F - definitely no separate area for F! It's not really big enough for that! It's a massive step up from the DXB Intl Hotel lounge we used to use.

But as all have said above - it is tickets QR only. Unsure as to whether its open to Silvers too. Worth coming into though - very nice lounge!^

I like the fact FF can use too as EK allows Skywards silver and gold to their business lounge and plats to their first...!
Old May 2, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by railways
I've seen contradictory statements on this. According to press releases on 27th April and 1st May, only Plats and Golds have access.
QR's consistent inconsistency strikes once again!
Old May 4, 2016, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Marriott Platinum
Can someone confirm whether oneworld Emeralds and Sapphires can access the lounge in QR Y?
Old May 4, 2016, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by baflyer2
Can someone confirm whether oneworld Emeralds and Sapphires can access the lounge in QR Y?
Unfortunately, no. Unless you are tier holder of QR's own Privilege Club.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Hi there,

What are the hours of QR lounge in DXB ? Is it open 24 hours ?

Thanks in advance...F.A.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:22 pm

flyalways apart from between 00.30 and 05.30 there is no period of over two hours where there are no departures. Since, like check-in, the lounge would usually open three hours before departure the only time it is possible to close is 00.30-02.30. So I would guess that it is open 24/7.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by remdk
flyalways apart from between 00.30 and 05.30 there is no period of over two hours where there are no departures. Since, like check-in, the lounge would usually open three hours before departure the only time it is possible to close is 00.30-02.30. So I would guess that it is open 24/7.
Thanks REMDK. I asked this question before but did not get an answer if
QR can accept baggage in DXB for a flight that is 6 hours later ? I may
be able to check in the baggage around 11:30 PM for the 5:30 AM flight.
Will they accept it ? That was my original reason to ask the question you
answered above..

Thanks in advance...
Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:27 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Just to add to this, the last flight is correctly slated as 00.30. After the final call for this flight the cleaners move in for a clean up for 1 hour or so.
During this period, and the hour afterwards, the lounge remains open but with VERY limited service.
Its not worth closing for the hour so is indeed confirmed 24/7.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by flyalways
Thanks REMDK. I asked this question before but did not get an answer if
QR can accept baggage in DXB for a flight that is 6 hours later ? I may
be able to check in the baggage around 11:30 PM for the 5:30 AM flight.
Will they accept it ? That was my original reason to ask the question you
answered above..

Thanks in advance...
I would also like to know if this is possible? Or, more simply, what's the earliest you can check in for a QR flight at DXB?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by UAworldwide
I would also like to know if this is possible? Or, more simply, what's the earliest you can check in for a QR flight at DXB?
UAworldwide while it is only an impression, I get the impression that F is basically any time but Y is is thought to be a strictly policed three hours before departure.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 11:07 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
UAworldwide while it is only an impression, I get the impression that F is basically any time but Y is is thought to be a strictly policed three hours before departure.
I checked in 4.5 hours before my flight to DXB and was in F. I simply wanted somewhere quiet to work with wifi for a while. I had carry on only. They did offer me an earlier flight which I declined as I actually find the DXB F lounge good for working and I find it comfier than Al Mourjan.

I will ask about Y when through there in a few weeks.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:12 pm

Do F connecting passengers arriving in DXB off a QR flight get to use this lounge? It doesn't say that you have to be departing on a QR flight from DXB but I wasn't sure.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Do F connecting passengers arriving in DXB off a QR flight get to use this lounge? It doesn't say that you have to be departing on a QR flight from DXB but I wasn't sure.
ASUDan130 The only arrivals lounge access you have on QR is at DOH. There is no arrivals facilities at any other airport and Arrivals lounges are not part of Oneworld.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
You will not have (physical) access to this lounge on arrival into DXB...
Old Apr 12, 2017, 6:59 am

I was not able to get onto an earlier flight to DOH since it was full. I also
had to request multiple times to accept my baggage almost 6 hours before
the flight but they finally did accept. (11:30 PM for 05:30 AM flight)
This allowed me to clear security and get to the lounge.

Lounge lady was also considerate and allowed me more than 4 hours stay
(which is the limit for lounge) and suggested the family room with long
couch for sleeping until the flight ! Overall a good experience with the
lounge and staff...

F.A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.