Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Privilege Club Program Change effective July 1, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Privilege Club Program Change effective July 1, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:09 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Originally Posted by Matt4
You can pay the difference (no change fee, only a few tenths of EUR more) to upgrade your T ticket to Q so it would become upgradable or try to upgrade it now, before the new rules apply
I tested that idea and it came to around 300 euros extra upon a 600 euro ticket...100USD for ticket re-issue (change not allowed) + fare adjustment both directions. I tried to up the ticket to R booking code but system hung (just to know how much it would cost me versus a promotion J ticket)

Anyway, with my 2016 booked flights I will clock 100 Q Credits and 280k miles by Jan 2017. Spending these becomes a priority.

I have 2 Y and 1 J ticket for 2016, 1 Y non-upgradable, will soon find out how many segments I can upgrade on April/May ticket.

Opting for a 2017 award J ticket and then forget FF programs, just booking the best J deal I find as needed. FF programs don't offer much for people like myself who fly 3 J longhaul's a year.

EY watered down their FF program last year (I switched to QR before) but now their standard j luggage allowance is 2x32kg bags, better than the 40kg+ whatever status you get elsewhere.
Thus it becomes a question of finding a good deal and booking that.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 12:37 am

Programs: The Embassy
Originally Posted by purple1addict
The cynic in me can't help but think that the (very slight) decrease in tier retention requirements is a mere marketing gimmic to enable them to promote the overall changes as benefitting the customer.
Even the least cynical part of me thinks that.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 12:41 am

Programs: BA BD SA
I just get "Page cannot be found" when I try the link to the new QPoints earning table. Has it been removed? Is there another source?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 1:26 am

Programs: QR Platinum, LH Silver
I will lost 40 QPoints, ( 2 tickets in "O" class between July and November ) Both tickets bought in promo "miles 3x" ....

table "New_Qpoints_Chart_Effective_01072016" is here :

http://s22.postimg.cc/64es3me1d/New...e_01072016.png
Old Apr 17, 2016, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
I just get "Page cannot be found" when I try the link to the new QPoints earning table. Has it been removed? Is there another source?
I get the same too when selecting it through the QA website when looking at the current mileage calculator
Old Apr 18, 2016, 9:41 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
So if you never book in economy promo and economy saver, then either nothing changes, or the changes are a mild positive. At least that is my understanding...
Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by beduin
The effective date of these changes should have been delayed until the beginning of 2017. It is unfair to introduce them Mid year after many loyal members have invested their loyalty with QR.
I don't understand. Doesn't PC operate on a rolling 12 consecutive month basis rather than the calendar year?
Old Apr 22, 2016, 6:27 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
The new upgrade policy (O,T,W fares tickets can't be upgraded) should start on 1st July : does that mean it's still possible to buy a W class ticket for Jan 2017 and upgrade it now with Qmiles ?

Has anyone had any success upgrading O,W,T fares tickets for a flight leaving after 1st July since the new upgrade policy was published ?

Edit : I could answer my own question before booking my ticket : the current sale tickets booked in O, W or R class are not upgradable. After booking, I clicked on the new "Upgrade with Qmiles" button in Manage Booking and it confirmed that it was not upgradable.
I could have booked a higher and upgradable fare than my friends I'm travelling with but they would have lost the benefit from my status to reserve a seat on upper deck in A380 for everyone.

Last edited by Matt4; Apr 25, 2016 at 6:53 am Reason: Update
Old Apr 28, 2016, 2:00 am

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
Just a thought... these new changes on the fare vs whether you can upgrade... does that mean if you're at the airport, flight is overbooked, and they would upgrade their QRPC Plat/Gold/Silver - that if the FF was on a promo ticket they wouldn't op upgrade you?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I could have booked a higher and upgradable fare than my friends I'm travelling with but they would have lost the benefit from my status to reserve a seat on upper deck in A380 for everyone.
I thought booking upper deck was only for the passenger with status and not any guests - that certainly used to be the case when they first announced the upper deck was for status pax only. Has QR since changed this policy?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by theox
Just a thought... these new changes on the fare vs whether you can upgrade... does that mean if you're at the airport, flight is overbooked, and they would upgrade their QRPC Plat/Gold/Silver - that if the FF was on a promo ticket they wouldn't op upgrade you?
I doubt it will make any difference to operational upgrades - only perhaps if you had two Platinums but one with a higher fare than the other (which has always likely been the case anyway).
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:09 pm

Planning to book an O ticket but it cannot be upgraded with q points even if I do it before July? There is no mention of the condition in the sales page.

Global sales, yes. Local sales didn't mention
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:57 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by purple1addict
I thought booking upper deck was only for the passenger with status and not any guests - that certainly used to be the case when they first announced the upper deck was for status pax only. Has QR since changed this policy?
I guess they relaxed their policy as there's not so many status pax flying QR A380 in coach.
I already managed to select seats on UD for my friends in January this year : they were automaticaly moved to LD 72 hours before the flight but I could put them back on UD at OLCI 48 hours before the flight ;-)
Old Apr 29, 2016, 11:51 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Has anyone had any success upgrading O,W,T fares tickets for a flight leaving after 1st July since the new upgrade policy was published ?
I did yesterday using Qcredits online. O fare ticket for travel end of july.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:22 am

I guess they relaxed their policy as there's not so many status pax flying QR A380 in coach.
I already managed to select seats on UD for my friends in January this year : they were automaticaly moved to LD 72 hours before the flight but I could put them back on UD at OLCI 48 hours before the flight ;-)
Interesting, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.