Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Privilege Club Program Change effective July 1, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2016, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Summary:

http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...changes.page#2

New QMiles Accrual Chart:

http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...arn_chart.page

New QPoints Accrual Chart:

http://www.qatarairways.com/iwov-res...e_01072016.pdf

Any thoughts?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 4:12 am
Suspended

expected, with all the promotions and easy miles earning, this will come soonest or later

nevertheless, still confusing,

1) how about qcredit ? does it means no upgrade for fare purchased on economy promo ?

2) how about the pass promotion, when you will earn 3x miles ? and etc ?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 4:18 am

Programs: QR Gold

normalled ended up getting promo tickets so might be the end of gold for me (just lost it this year, but will get it back on Sunday).
Old Apr 14, 2016, 4:30 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Had to happen some day...

I have an "O" ticket this month, still hope to upgrade, 3 segments are still open, but I have a "T" ticket for September, bugger.
Also an "I" for October, that's OK.

But next year flights with 200k miles to spend, dunno
Old Apr 14, 2016, 4:33 am

Programs: IHG Spire, SPG Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, TK Gold, QR Platinum, WY Sinbad Gold, SV Alfursan Gold
I've recently noticed QR flights with very low loads. I guess from now on, many routes will be busy carrying cabin crew only.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:10 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Is there a definitive date for the revised earning rates? The e-mail I received mentions 1st June 2016 (as does the pdf of the new Qpoint chart) while the website states 1st July 2016. I don't particularly mind the changes but the haphazrd way they've been communicated is poor. As asked above, what about upgrading using Qcredits? #shambles.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:16 am

Drop in q points for economy saver. Crap. Only a slight drop in q points requirement for gold.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:19 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Originally Posted by Work-Shy
Is there a definitive date for the revised earning rates? The e-mail I received mentions 1st June 2016 (as does the pdf of the new Qpoint chart) while the website states 1st July 2016. I don't particularly mind the changes but the haphazrd way they've been communicated is poor. As asked above, what about upgrading using Qcredits? #shambles.
Going to assume July 2016, since the chart (here - http://www.qatarairways.com/iwov-res...e_01072016.pdf) and most documents say so, the June date mentioned in the email is probably a typo.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: QR Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
This is terrible news :-(
Old Apr 14, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by tartempion
I have an "O" ticket this month, still hope to upgrade, 3 segments are still open, but I have a "T" ticket for September, bugger.
You can pay the difference (no change fee, only a few tenths of EUR more) to upgrade your T ticket to Q so it would become upgradable or try to upgrade it now, before the new rules apply
Old Apr 14, 2016, 10:39 am

They actually didn't say that qpoints accrual on oneworld partners would have the same reduction. The new chart is for QR flights only also. Would there be any possibility that partner accrual ends up not being updated?

I know this sounds almost impossible.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 1:18 am

Programs: QR Plat / IHG Plat / HHonors Silver
Rule of thumb:Whenever an airline or hotel rewards program sends an email with phrases like "Good news!" or "...serve you better", it is quite the opposite. Lowering the threshold for platinum retention by ten Qpoints is pathetic, when I'm losing as many as seven each flight. Don't be fooled, this is not "good news".
Old Apr 15, 2016, 3:41 am

Programs: IHG Spire, SPG Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, TK Gold, QR Platinum, WY Sinbad Gold, SV Alfursan Gold
The effective date of these changes should have been delayed until the beginning of 2017. It is unfair to introduce them Mid year after many loyal members have invested their loyalty with QR. For me, I haven't flown many QR flights yet so I can still take my business somewhere else. But for those who have already flown and want to drop out, this would be a loss.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: QR-G/OWS, QF-G, VA-G, NZ-S
Wink

Originally Posted by beduin
The effective date of these changes should have been delayed until the beginning of 2017. It is unfair to introduce them Mid year after many loyal members have invested their loyalty with QR. For me, I haven't flown many QR flights yet so I can still take my business somewhere else. But for those who have already flown and want to drop out, this would be a loss.
Thankfully after the Qpoints and Q Miles 2X, 3X, 4X promo posts. Last day today to fly it.

Have to say.

I still think QR have had very decent promos recently ( past 3 years) for both tier upgrades and miles.

However, the newly announced Qpoints rate for DOH/AUS (-v.v) in Eco saver considerably lowers Q poinhs for a 13 hour flight in Economy

Compared with my last month's flights SYD/DOH/SYD booked outbound into, S/(with points up to U); and inbound, DOH/SYD T (with points -up to U), this would be a 13 Q points combined net loss.

S reduces from 30 -> 23 Qpoints
T reduces from 20 -> 14 Qpoints

Given also, I'm waiting on the 3X Promo for Qpoints to post after 15 Apr,
I'd ould cotherwise be down 39 QPoints under the new schedule.

But I'm not now.... I hope...??
Old Apr 16, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Meh. Pretty bummed to not be able to upgrade Economy Promo tickets any more - but I think QR were quite generous to permit this previously.

The cynic in me can't help but think that the (very slight) decrease in tier retention requirements is a mere marketing gimmic to enable them to promote the overall changes as benefitting the customer.

Ah well - it was good while it lasted!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.