Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is "R" Class ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:51 pm

I would expect the purpose is to provide another bucket for more granular yield management. More buckets == more ability to charge different fares based on loads.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 2:08 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
For those with AAdvantage accounts, this info may be helpful - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26544717-post1.html
Old Apr 28, 2016, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
And that just mentions "travel dates" and doesn't say that the tickets must be purchased May 1st and after in order to qualify.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
UL added advantage seems to be a free stopover in Colombo which is a MUCH nicer place than Doha.
Not the airport.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
And that just mentions "travel dates" and doesn't say that the tickets must be purchased May 1st and after in order to qualify.
If you compare the two charts, you will note R is not mentioned pre May 1st.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
If you compare the two charts, you will note R is not mentioned pre May 1st.
I did. I also noted that a purchase date isn't mentioned, just travel dates. I'll find out very soon and will report back.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
R Class on BA is a different Fare Category to R Class on QR.

The information you have been given, as far as I am aware, may be incorrect.
Originally Posted by G-BOAA
I specifically asked about R class on Qatar, and the answer was it would earn 125%, and that they had just been notified about it from Qatar.

Now updated on ba.com, bookings after May 1 will earn avios/points as I-fare:

Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
For those with AAdvantage accounts, this info may be helpful - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26544717-post1.html
But what about Asia Miles / Marco Polo? It's really odd, as the Asia Miles page specifically says that Qatar R class earns 125% of miles. The Marco Polo 'Club Points' grid and calculator still makes no mention of R.

Any thoughts on whether this is likely an oversight, or will I really not get any 'Club Points'? They just changed the system two weeks ago, so it would have been a logical time to include R in the point earning charts.

Update: as zzz997 reports below, the above post is now incorrect, and the miles post as other business class fares.

Last edited by Singapore_Schwing; May 15, 2016 at 10:57 pm
Old May 6, 2016, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did. I also noted that a purchase date isn't mentioned, just travel dates. I'll find out very soon and will report back.
Well, guess what? My TPs (didn't really need any more this year) and Avios posted - which is kinda nice.

Or maybe I should have simply remained quiet about it - just in case someone wants to report this "mistake" to QR or BA.
Old May 6, 2016, 7:06 am

Well, guess what? My TPs (didn't really need any more this year) and Avios posted - which is kinda nice.

Or maybe I should have simply remained quiet about it - just in case someone wants to report this "mistake" to QR or BA.
Very interesting, and glad to hear they posted.
Old May 8, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: QF Platium(OWE)/CX Diamond(OWE)/SPG Platium/Marriott Titanium/Hyatt Globalist/Accor Platium/
Originally Posted by Singapore_Schwing
But what about Asia Miles / Marco Polo? It's really odd, as the Asia Miles page specifically says that Qatar R class earns 125% of miles. The Marco Polo 'Club Points' grid and calculator still makes no mention of R.

Any thoughts on whether this is likely an oversight, or will I really not get any 'Club Points'? They just changed the system two weeks ago, so it would have been a logical time to include R in the point earning charts.
Just checked on CX MPC page
R class now included in the grid and earn same miles & pointw as other Business class booking sub-class.
Attached Images  
Old May 15, 2016, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by zzz997
Just checked on CX MPC page
R class now included in the grid and earn same miles & pointw as other Business class booking sub-class.
Excellent! I need these for my Marco Polo status, and was getting worried.
Old May 16, 2016, 3:16 am
c2h

Programs: QR-PLT, AM-Platino, TK-Elite
Help needed please!

I recently purchased an R ticket but unfortunately my dad requires immediate operation on the departure date. I gave QR a call about changing the ticket (and have expected to pay a fee.) However, I was told that the change would put me into a B fare. I inquired if that is Economy or Business but the telephone agent can't give me a definitive answer. I then asked if I could change it to I or anything higher in Business but it seems the system would not allow. Changes to R could becomes B.

Does anyone have any experience? Thanks
Old May 18, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold

Thanks for posting your positive experience - will be useful to see if anyone else who booked pre 1st May gets TPs & Avios ^
Old Nov 3, 2016, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Looking up booking class on past booking

Hello,

Is there a way to look up booking class on a booking that has already been flown?

I have the PNR and the e-ticket details. Unfortunately the booking confirmation I received from the travel agent only shows 'business' and 'first' and not the actual booking class.

The reason I ask is that only half of the flights on the booking credited to BAEC.

Thanks for your help
-ice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.