Search

Minimum connection time Doha airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by remdk
nacho

1 CPH is not a very safe (secure) airport. On more than one occasion I have taken undeclared liquids through unchallenged. Security is mostly show with very little substance.

2 As msm2000uk says new OW interlining rules were introduced 1 June. This is causing problems for quite a number of passengers such as yourself. Both http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ansit-cmb.html and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...l#post26956433 have postings regarding the problem. Two very different solutions!

3 As N1Rotate points out the problem is where there are separate tickets. However if you can get them put on the same PNR there will be no problem.
Thanks again!

Well CPH is an inconsistent place - it's an irony that they won Skytrax for their security

Regarding the one PNR, how could I do that? Did a google search but nothing came out (except old information that's not valid anymore). Would QR be able to do that for me (let's assuming that I'll be flying with MH).

TIA!
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:32 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nacho
Thanks again!

Well CPH is an inconsistent place - it's an irony that they won Skytrax for their security

Regarding the one PNR, how could I do that? Did a google search but nothing came out (except old information that's not valid anymore). Would QR be able to do that for me (let's assuming that I'll be flying with MH).

TIA!
You'd need a travel agent to book your flights all together under one PNR - pretty sure you can't do it yourself.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:33 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by purple1addict
You'd need a travel agent to book your flights all together under one PNR - pretty sure you can't do it yourself.
Correct, and bear in mind the price may be higher than you can find if booked separately - but obviously no interlining.

M
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Thanks a lot for the information! I'll definitely bear that in mind next time I buy tickets. I don't think I'll do anything this time as it's just too much hassle - going through BKK immigration is certainly not fun as it's such a busy airport and we are not flying J.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: AA explt, 5 million miler
I'm doing Phl-Doh in J on one ticket. Then Doh-Bkk in F on seperate ticket. I don't have connection time problem. Arrive at 6:00 depart at 20:50 Will they check my bag thru to Bkk being on seperate tickets with same airline?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:04 am

paullgo there should be no problems with two QR tickets. You should ensure that they are presented to check-in together in PHL.

Should your baggage only be checked-in to DOH then the transfer desk in DOH can arrange for it to be relabelled to BKK and you given the new tags.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: AA explt, 5 million miler
Thank you. I didn't think it would be a problem. With a 15 hour layover I will get a hotel. Just haven't decided if I want airport hotel or go outside. Either way, just don't want to be dragging big suitcase around. I gave done a couple Bkk-Han J trips. This will be my first long haul . Really looking forward to it. Thanks for all the great info in the QR forum.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Ok guys, need to hear some expert advise on this matter:

Booked a flight for my parents via QR award in C, and the 1+ Hour connecting time is now reduced to 40 mins due to 2 schedule changes.

Called QR PC and they told me that there are no other options +- 1 days with a short connection for award inventory - hence cannot rebook.

My best bet would be to accept the 40 min connection, and request wheelchair transfer as my mum can't walk quickly. However the agent on the line says if the connection is missed they may not be responsible to rebook my parents to the final destination since we knowingly accepted a timing under MCT.

Are we worrying too much?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 4:38 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by lsed
Ok guys, need to hear some expert advise on this matter:

Booked a flight for my parents via QR award in C, and the 1+ Hour connecting time is now reduced to 40 mins due to 2 schedule changes.

Called QR PC and they told me that there are no other options +- 1 days with a short connection for award inventory - hence cannot rebook.

My best bet would be to accept the 40 min connection, and request wheelchair transfer as my mum can't walk quickly. However the agent on the line says if the connection is missed they may not be responsible to rebook my parents to the final destination since we knowingly accepted a timing under MCT.

Are we worrying too much?
Personally I wouldn't take the offered flights.

If QR have advised you that the flights are under MCT, they have followed the SOP and thus you would have real problems in the event of a delayed arrival into HIA.

May I ask what the routing is?

When you say there is no 'short' connecting time, what is the best option they can offer?

If it is over a 6 hour connection, opposed to the 40mins, I would try and escalate matters within QR CS. A Supervisor or CS Manager should be able to help, and may offer a better connection if one is available - although it will obviously require him/her to call Revenue Management.

Just my thoughts, but I wouldn't risk it.

Don't stress at this stage, and certainly don't worry your parents at this stage.

Let us know how you get on with QR CS.

Safe travels,

M
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:58 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Thanks M

The routing is SIN - ARN.
I just checked the on time performance for QR943 and it is not so good, some a few mins early but also a few dates with delays into DOH.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/qr943

If my parents were to keep the SIN DOH flight and take the later DOH ARN flight, the layover is 11 hours. All other options also have a 8-9 hour connections.

There are better options via revenue on the day before and if QR could open up one more award seat for SIN DOH it would be enough, as the DOH ARN flights are wide open with award seats

I'll call in again tomorrow and see how it goes, there's still a couple more months so maybe the schedule may change again. Thanks again in the meantime!

Last edited by lsed; Aug 30, 2016 at 6:09 pm
Old Sep 8, 2016, 4:30 pm

Ok so I finally managed to fix the flights for my parents.
Rebooked them on the flight a day earlier.

At first the agents kept saying it's not available. Then I waited a few days and availability returned but with married segment restriction. I asked the agent to check the two sectors separately and then he was able to rebook it.

Took a bit of time but I'm glad its resolved now =)
Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:38 pm

Currently considering booking OSL-DOH-SGN, with 1h between 176 and 970. With winter and deicing in OSL, not sure I'm gonna make the connection. What would QR eventually do? Rebook me to the next flight which departs 24h later?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 3:24 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue
LHR-DOH-HKT connet time 70 mins

I'm currently looking at booking a flight LHR-DOH-HKT with 70 mins connect time. Whilst it is is over the MCT of 45 mins, it is, for me, a tight connection. I would not normally consider a connect time of less than 2 hours. The added problem is that the next flight DOH-HKT would be 24 hours later.

So my option is accept the risk of a misconnect or travel via BKK and a local connection to HKT.

Any advice welcome.

Last edited by qwest01; Dec 6, 2016 at 3:25 am Reason: misstype
Old Dec 6, 2016, 3:47 am

qwest01 if you look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...0-minutes.html you will find tips to make your transit less stressed.
70 minutes is plenty of time especially since many flights from LHR are sent directly into the departures area and do not go through security.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue
Originally Posted by remdk
qwest01 if you look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...0-minutes.html you will find tips to make your transit less stressed.
70 minutes is plenty of time especially since many flights from LHR are sent directly into the departures area and do not go through security.
Thanks for that advice and I have had a look at that thread. My main concern is that the short connection is from a flight in from LHR and onto HKT. LHR is notorious for late departures. My last QR flight out of LHR left nearly 2 hours late, fortunately we had a longish connection at DOH and so still made our connection to BKK. With only a 70 minute scheduled connection at DOH and only 2 flights a day to HKT and some days only one flight, any late departure from LHR is going to threaten a misconnect at DOH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.