Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Willing to change agency-issued ticket after departure?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lots

Does anyone have direct knowledge of QR changing an agency-issued ticket after departure? Do they do this or always refer back to the issuing agency?

Thanks.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Axey
Does anyone have direct knowledge of QR changing an agency-issued ticket after departure? Do they do this or always refer back to the issuing agency?

Thanks.
Once you fly it should be QR's ticket.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by skunker
Once you fly it should be QR's ticket.
Does this apply at the check in desk on the outbound? For example if I am flying at 10pm and I am at the airport desk and want to amend the flight, would they do it or refer me to the agent in the morning? Also if I fly LHR DOH BKK DOH LHR, does it become theirs after the first DOH stop or after the arrival into BKK?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: QR Gold
Well it's hit and miss tbh...

My mother changed her flight directly with QR when bought through an Online agent, but only after she complained. She needs to change again and she has already flown 1/2 the route and they have said to contact the agent..
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: SAS EBD, QR Platinumr, HH Gold, Intercont Platinum Ambassador,CC Gold
Originally Posted by Axey

Thanks.
Depending on your booking class. The transit agents in DOH might do it for you, but again it is the "agent-roulette".
Please specify journey and dates and we might give you a better answer.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by HarryKUK
Does this apply at the check in desk on the outbound? For example if I am flying at 10pm and I am at the airport desk and want to amend the flight, would they do it or refer me to the agent in the morning? Also if I fly LHR DOH BKK DOH LHR, does it become theirs after the first DOH stop or after the arrival into BKK?
Be careful about this - if you try to change less than 3 hours before departure of the flight, they will treat it as a no-show.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.