Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar interline to other OW carriers on separate tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar interline to other OW carriers on separate tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:58 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
As others have said it is very much dependent upon the check-in agent. I politely challenged an agent at Doha who refused to check my bag through on separate tickets and asked him to check with his supervisor. He came over and said the agent was correct, they could not check through on separate tickets.

3 weeks later a similar situation. I asked the check-in desk if they would check my luggage through. With no fuss she did it straight away!

I subsequently tried to get clarification on QR's policy from customer service. After several extremely vague responses I gave up.

So I now allow extra time for transits, or avoid using QR if I can in such circumstances.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:57 am

Sorry to revive an older thread but my question is will QR check through baggage on a separate JetBlue ticket? I see they are interline partners. I am flying Australia-DOH-ATL-BOS. If I get the bag checked to BOS at my origin that way I wouldn't have to pay JetBlue for bags.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Sorry to revive an older thread but my question is will QR check through baggage on a separate JetBlue ticket? I see they are interline partners. I am flying Australia-DOH-ATL-BOS. If I get the bag checked to BOS at my origin that way I wouldn't have to pay JetBlue for bags.
On the two occasions I asked QR to check onto a separate non-OW ticket I was told that it was not possible both times. You could still ask though.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: QR Gold, BA silver
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Definitely not in your case- ground staff usually check whether you are entitled to the right number/amount of bags before interlining your bags to another airline.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:52 am
soy

Programs: various
Has anyone tried showing them the stated policy on their own website when facing resistance in doing this?

http://www.qatarairways.com/us/en/on...s-service.page
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:00 am

Looks like they are only able to do OW carriers on separate tickets not interline partners don't seem to be possible. I have read reports where the first agent can't/won't do it but when a supervisor is summoned that it can be done.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Flying BRU-DOH-CGK with QR then CGK-HKG-NRT on separate tickets with CX.

Will QR interline and through check my luggage to NRT from BRU?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:04 pm

Deanog1976 welcome to the QR forum.

With the changes QR implemented 1st March then yes they will do so. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ar-2017-a.html for details.

If my information is correct CX will do the same on the reverse itinerary.
Old May 27, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Silver
I have just been denied interlining my bag onto a separately ticketed BA flight at the Narita airport. The member of staff at the business class check-in firmly claimed this is against Qatar policy and thus cannot be done. This is quite sad as it contradicts what is written on their website, link provided above. And since I was doing ex-EU and based in London, I will have to go through passport control twice, baggage drop and extra security.

I assume it is impossible to change things now, once I have got my luggage tag? Like, talk to them at DOH or to BA at the destination airport.
Old May 27, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver
So I went to the transit desk in Doha, told my story and asked if the staff were correct. I got the same response and was told that interlining on two different PNRs is not possible, my reference to a paragraph on QR website was ignored. Then suddenly they hesitated and called for a business class transit desk representative. He quickly grasped my issue, said there is no problem in sending the luggage through, and asked for my details. Unfortunately for me, it turned out that I put my first and last name in the QR booking in the wrong order, and it did not match with my BA booking. In this case, he said, he can't add my ticket and check me in through.

At least I learnt we were right in our assumptions and just need to push harder to make it happen.
Old May 28, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: EXPLT
Flew BKK-US on QR then intra US on AA last week with 2 separate tix/PNR’s. In the past as always BKK agent was always able to check our bags all the way / combine both PNR’s. But then last week upon check in at BKK, QR rep was unable to do this, citing ‘policy was re instated last week where we can no longer combine 2 PNR’s to check bags all the way through’. Manager happened to be nearby and also relayed the same .. stating ‘too many complications have arisen in checking bags on separate PNR’s.

I recall a while back QR was not combining separate PNR’s in order to check luggage through. Hopefully this was just a one-off experience.
Old May 28, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by alien43
So I went to the transit desk in Doha, told my story and asked if the staff were correct. I got the same response and was told that interlining on two different PNRs is not possible, my reference to a paragraph on QR website was ignored. Then suddenly they hesitated and called for a business class transit desk representative. He quickly grasped my issue, said there is no problem in sending the luggage through, and asked for my details. Unfortunately for me, it turned out that I put my first and last name in the QR booking in the wrong order, and it did not match with my BA booking. In this case, he said, he can't add my ticket and check me in through.

At least I learnt we were right in our assumptions and just need to push harder to make it happen.
Atleast we can be happy it's not another enhancement, sorry for the hassle you had to go through but good to know the reason why 'computer said no'.
Old May 28, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
WE as paying customers, who booked a service with QR need do to NOTHING! If we need to abide by all the rules and policies about payment, rebooking and cancelation, THEY need to follow their own promised and published policies!
If they publish on their own website their own interlining rules, just f*cking follow them!
I had it with the sh*tshow going on on the ground. While they have a vastly superior product in the sky, the things happening everywhere else, once you leave the aircraft, are an embarrassment.

Originally Posted by alien43

Old May 28, 2018, 1:48 pm

I booked MNL-DOH-MAD and MAD-SVQ on separate PNRs and in two different classes. MNL-DOH-MAD was on business while the MAD-SVQ via Iberia Express was on economy. I asked the check in agent in Manila if she can through check our luggages to SVQ. She asked me to show her the Iberia Express ticket and voila, she granted the request.
Old May 28, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
i've had very mixed experiences. Usually not a problem starting trip in SE Asia, BUT ALWAYS a problem when starting trip in N America and Europe. Have to argue EACH and EVERY time. They always do it in the end, but not a great way to start a trip. Check in agent always says no, they I ask for a supervisor (Actual QR employee). Results are mixed. Some relent, some continue to fight. Show website. Sways some, no others. If still battling, ask them to call Doha. I don't know who they call but it works.

I know keep an email from QR on my phone (from customer service) stating they do in fact check thru on separate tickets. Haven't had to show it yet.

Agree with others. For such a great product in the air, the ground is horrible. Their call center is even worse.
nilsfr69 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.