Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar interline to other OW carriers on separate tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Anyone have experience of whether QR policy is the same as BA on interlining checked baggage to another One World carrier (in this case actually BA) on separate tickets?

Can't see anything definitive on their web-site nor a search on the QR forum here...
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:04 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
We were just able to do this (after some back and forth with the check-in agent who did not understand what we wanted to do at first) from BKK via DOH and TXL to LHR. Worked just fine, even though the TXL to LHR flight was not ready for check-in yet when we started our trip. We gave him the flight number and showed him the booking and he checked it all the way through.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:00 am
Suspended

I was told @ LHR that they won't do it. Period.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:12 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

As this is a QR related topic, this thread has been moved into the Qatar Airways | Privilege Club forum.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old Jan 31, 2015, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the 2 replies, the fact that they are completely opposing views suggests that Qatar don't have a formal policy on this like BA!

The point of first QR check-in would be AMS in my case if that makes any difference, or if anyone has any first hand experience there!
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:20 pm

Many OW can check trough to QR but QR ground staff at most airports do not check through to other Ow airlines. I can do CX/QR, BA/QR but not QR/CX, QR/BA
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:39 pm

Checking baggage through on two separate tickets

As the title states, I have a found DOH-HKG rewards ticket, and am currently in Kuwait. If I purchase a oneway KWI-DOH ticket will my baggage be checked all the way through to HKG (flying 2 separate tickets).

Thanks
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by KU104
As the title states, I have a found DOH-HKG rewards ticket, and am currently in Kuwait. If I purchase a oneway KWI-DOH ticket will my baggage be checked all the way through to HKG (flying 2 separate tickets).

Thanks
If both are QR, then yes.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 12:50 am

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
We would like to ask our fellow travellers for their advice. We shall be flying JNB-DOH-MAD on QR and then on a separate ticket, we shall fly IB from MAD to VLC. Although both airlines are One World partners, the tickets are entirely separate bookings. Would it be possible to check through the luggage from origin to destination and vice versa?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 2:39 am

Programs: QR Platinum; A3 Gold
I once had two separate tickets from QR and another Oneworld airline, i wanted to check the baggage through but the QR check in agent refused, citing responsibility reason.
It maybe ok with another alliance but perhaps not with oneworld
Old Jan 9, 2016, 5:29 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by hiroaki27
I once had two separate tickets from QR and another Oneworld airline, i wanted to check the baggage through but the QR check in agent refused, citing responsibility reason.
It maybe ok with another alliance but perhaps not with oneworld
That is not correct in my experience, as I have done this between different OW airlines multiple times. Interline baggage agreements do exist, but sadly they are not honored consistently, so YMMV. Note that it is not as easy to get this done for example between AA and QR than between IB and QR, as the later have no partnership agreements.

Originally Posted by BlueEgg
We would like to ask our fellow travellers for their advice. We shall be flying JNB-DOH-MAD on QR and then on a separate ticket, we shall fly IB from MAD to VLC. Although both airlines are One World partners, the tickets are entirely separate bookings. Would it be possible to check through the luggage from origin to destination and vice versa?
Your best chance is ask at JNB when checking in. Technically it is perfectly doable for them, but they may refuse to do so. What is almost certain is they won't be able to print the MAD-VLC boarding pass for you. In any case if the check in agent refuses I would ask to talk to a supervisor/manager.

Worst case scenario you will need to collect your luggage in Madrid and check in again. Good news is you can do all of this within Terminal 4 in Madrid.

Another possibility is that when you arrive to Madrid, and before passing through immigration, you go to an Iberia Customer Service desk, ask for your boarding pass to get printed, and ask if they can remotely re-tag your luggage. Risky, as they won't re-tag your luggage in front of you, but doable at an airport like Madrid. If your layover is very short your chances of succeeding with this go lower.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:58 am
Log

I've done this multiple times, checking in baggage with Qatar on a Dubai-Berlin flight, and then having it passed on to Air Berlin (booked on a separate ticket) flying within Germany. So it's technically possible at least.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 3:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BlueEgg
I'll be attempting this on Thursday flying JNB-DOH-MUC and MUC-LHR (BA) and I do not want to go landside at MUC (immigration and security were rubbish there last month). Hoping that they will just do it but will escalate to a supervisor if needed.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 6:56 am
Suspended

Ive checked in bags on separate bookings between AY and QR. Note that it was an AY agent though.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Interline QF > QR > BA

I am flying WTB - SYD - DOH - OSL - LHR with:
  1. WTB - SYD (QF)
  2. SYD - DOH - OSL (QR)
  3. OSL - LHR (BA)
Am hoping QF will check my bag all the way through to LHR. If they don't, I have plenty of time in SYD to collect bags.

If this happens, will QR interline my bags with BA to LHR from SYD? My connection in OSL is 100 minutes, so am not sure if there is sufficient time to collect and recheck my bags if QR in SYD are unwilling to check through to LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.