Wiki Posts
Search

Q credits upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Q credits upgrade

Hi!

How long does it take for the Qmiles team to reply on the upgrade success using Qcredits? Called the Qmiles team on Monday late afternoon to check for upgrade availability and bought the ticket and send in a upgrade request immediately. No reply so far. Anyone can advise on the wait time?
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Generally for me it's been somewhere between 4 and 22 hours - so hopefully you'll hear back shortly. The last upgrade request I made I was given less than 5 hours (seriously!) in which to get my ticket reissued - so keep checking your emails regularly.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 2:41 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by tboons
Hi!

How long does it take for the Qmiles team to reply on the upgrade success using Qcredits? Called the Qmiles team on Monday late afternoon to check for upgrade availability and bought the ticket and send in a upgrade request immediately. No reply so far. Anyone can advise on the wait time?
For me it's been a very consistent 24 hours each time... and do prepare for a no. sadly that's usually the answer.

As for ticket re-issuing: this has been somewhat changed recently. At least from DOH, i got a new e-ticket immediately, no more need to reconfirm!
Old Jun 10, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
It's taken me somewhat longer getting a reply. Between 24 and 96 hours. After the 96 hours I had already taken my fligth. Last time (a week ago) it took 24 hours.
So of my 5 reguests, one was answered to late, three were confirmed and one was denied.
But at the check-in desk for the flight, that was denied upgrade, I got an opup. So I was happy having saved 30 Qpoints.
4 out of 5. Not to bad!
Old Jun 10, 2014, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by zehbra
As for ticket re-issuing: this has been somewhat changed recently. At least from DOH, i got a new e-ticket immediately, no more need to reconfirm!
This is great news! Can I ask when this was please?

My last request for an award upgrade ex-DOH was confirmed on 26 May but I still had to call up and go through the process (even though no charge was applicable). Is this a very recent thing?
Old Jun 10, 2014, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by sturejan
But at the check-in desk for the flight, that was denied upgrade, I got an opup. So I was happy having saved 30 Qpoints.
Haha - brilliant ^ Great outcome for you, but some curious inventory management going on there!!
Old Jun 10, 2014, 7:03 pm

In the beginning of last year, I requested an upgrade for a flight to take a week later. I received no reply until a week AFTER I took the flight. Yeh, that was helpful!
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Been almost 48 hours and still waiting.

No deduction for Qcredits. But the request has been recorded :-(
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:35 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by purple1addict
This is great news! Can I ask when this was please?

My last request for an award upgrade ex-DOH was confirmed on 26 May but I still had to call up and go through the process (even though no charge was applicable). Is this a very recent thing?
Strangely enough, this was on 21 May...
However, I talked about that with my local PC-rep when QR changed their award-fees. He already mentioned last October that re-confirmation is not really necessary anymore ex DOH, and that this should (in his opinion) be changed "soon".
Old Jun 11, 2014, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by zehbra
Strangely enough, this was on 21 May...
However, I talked about that with my local PC-rep when QR changed their award-fees. He already mentioned last October that re-confirmation is not really necessary anymore ex DOH, and that this should (in his opinion) be changed "soon".
Thanks Hopefully they will roll it out more consistently soon!
Old Jun 11, 2014, 4:05 am

Programs: Mileage Plus (PLATINUM); Qatar Privilege Club (PLATINUM)
QR Upgrade inventory???

Friends is there a way, a tool, instrument or something else to check QR upgrade inventory or availability, so booking dates can be planned accordingly? I do not see QR on Expert Flyer. Oh, I so wish these upgrades are no longer a guessing game, or roulette. I am a QR Platinum, and my upgrade percentage, has been 0% in all of 2013 and 0% so far in 2014 !! Actually, I am now waiting to hear about my business class to first class upgrade for Friday 13 June from DOH LHR on the QR011. I booked this flight, in business class, 4 months ago, and immediately put in the request for the upgrade. Still waiting ...
Old Jun 11, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: QR Gold / OW Sapphire, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by OnePassenger
Friends is there a way, a tool, instrument or something else to check QR upgrade inventory or availability, so booking dates can be planned accordingly? I do not see QR on Expert Flyer. Oh, I so wish these upgrades are no longer a guessing game, or roulette. I am a QR Platinum, and my upgrade percentage, has been 0% in all of 2013 and 0% so far in 2014 !! Actually, I am now waiting to hear about my business class to first class upgrade for Friday 13 June from DOH LHR on the QR011. I booked this flight, in business class, 4 months ago, and immediately put in the request for the upgrade. Still waiting ...
I understand KVS offers QR award, but not upgrade, availability (I am not a user). Their most recent release (v.7.3.8, 05 Jun) indicates they have added UL award and upgrade availability. Does anyone know why QR doesn't offer the latter - whereas other OW members (e.g. CX, UL) do?

And with regards to using Qcredits, I have had zero luck on the eight requests I have put in over the past 12 months, though I have been lucky enough to receive two OpUps (but not on the same sectors as my Q requests).
Old Jun 11, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Friends is there a way, a tool, instrument or something else to check QR upgrade inventory or availability, so booking dates can be planned accordingly? I do not see QR on Expert Flyer. Oh, I so wish these upgrades are no longer a guessing game, or roulette. I am a QR Platinum, and my upgrade percentage, has been 0% in all of 2013 and 0% so far in 2014 !! Actually, I am now waiting to hear about my business class to first class upgrade for Friday 13 June from on the QR011. I booked this flight, in business class, 4 months ago, and immediately put in the request for the upgrade. Still waiting ...
OnePassenger, you asked the same in this post:

How and/or where can you check QR's award availability? Either for full award tickets or upgrades? Expert Traveler does not have QR Or am I missing something? Thankzzz
And you got this answer:

Originally Posted by sturejan
You can check for award availability on the QR Privilege Club website or with KVS tools.
If there is award availability there is a big chance you can upgrade with qmiles or qcredits.
Have you tried checking availability on the QR website?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Just received upgrade confirmation and tickets reissued

Just to confirm, I will still receive the qpoints and miles on the original booking right?

About codeshare flight, I also get to earn miles and points on it as well? Marketed by QR, operated by CX.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:35 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tboons
Just received upgrade confirmation and tickets reissued

Just to confirm, I will still receive the qpoints and miles on the original booking right?

About codeshare flight, I also get to earn miles and points on it as well? Marketed by QR, operated by CX.
Congratulations on getting the upgrade! Did you get the reissued ticket immediately, or did you have to call them?
Yes and yes, you'll get points for the original class of booking, and you get qpoints/miles for the CX flight (correct me if I'm wrong on that, but I'd be very surprised..).

Last edited by zehbra; Jun 11, 2014 at 12:36 pm Reason: clarification

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.