Reward availability

Old May 26, 14, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Reward availability

Anybody has any tips on how QR manages their reward availability?

Looking at a particular route and I see plenty of availability (in business) until around 11 June, after that it's availability at twice the cost (X2) until around 3 July and after 'no availability' until September!

Should I keep cool and hope availability opens at up around two weeks before my intended departure or is it unlikely to change?

Thanks
Old May 26, 14, 6:12 am

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
July and August are some of the busiest months of the year.
Old May 27, 14, 5:05 pm

+1 swissfan. Looking for NS DOH-DXB Wed Jan 14 has lots of availability, almost every flight, but nothing around that date. When I had originally checked there was more prior to Jan 14, and then mid-February but nothing in-between!
Old May 28, 14, 6:37 am

Programs: Mileage Plus (GS); AADvantage (Platinum); Qatar Privilege Club PLATINUM
How and/or where??

How and/or where can you check QR's award availability? Either for full award tickets or upgrades? Expert Traveler does not have QR Or am I missing something? Thankzzz
Old May 28, 14, 8:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3 Gold, QR Platinum
You can check for award availability on the QR Privilege Club website or with KVS tools.
If there is award availability there is a big chance you can upgrade with qmiles or qcredits.
Old May 28, 14, 11:25 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by OnePassenger View Post
How and/or where can you check QR's award availability? Either for full award tickets or upgrades? Expert Traveler does not have QR Or am I missing something?
As sturejan had mentioned above, the KVS Tool supports QR Award Availability:
http://Help.KVSTool.com/#QR
Old May 29, 14, 7:57 pm

BA website shows QR availability to some extent, but if there are also BA routings they will show up preferentially even if QR is available.
Old May 30, 14, 4:35 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
On a couple of recent trips I've done, award availability opened up within a week of the flight to 2 seats in one case and 4 seats in the other (but note that in both cases this was only on one segment of the whole itinerary).
Old Jun 3, 14, 2:03 pm

Is there a way to just see QR flights? Because it looks like for all the QR flights everything routes through LHR because of BA. Is there a place to look for non BA mixed awards? Can I find awards on the QR website if I am booking with AA miles?

Thanks
Old Jun 3, 14, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT, CC Concierge, A3*G
Has anyone found A380 C/F availability yet?
Old Jun 5, 14, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

When QR3/4 was scheduled with an A380, QR's website was showing plenty of award availability albeit at x2 (so over 130k for a one-way LHR to DOH). I'm QR Gold so not sure whether or not that availability exists for lower tiers.
Old Jun 5, 14, 5:12 pm

Programs: QR G, EY G, TK S, VA R
I'm just having a look at J redemption availability for DOHLHR July / August, and there is virtually nothing available, and certainly not on the 380.

Interestingly, some of the only availability is on the 319.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: