Search

Qantas Sydney lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2004, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAExp
Qantas Sydney lounge

Hello Folks:

Just a quick question. I'm arriving in BA 15, can I go to the Qantas Lounge and then clear immigration?

thank you in advanced.

PT
Old Apr 20, 2004, 6:57 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
No. Arrivals are separated from departures. The only way to get from the arrivals sections to the departures area is through the transit area and only if you already have a boarding pass for a connecting flight from the international terminal.

There are no arrivals lounges at SYD.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 5:30 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Taking Nell's point,

What is the concensus on such a facility in SYD given that the majority of flights arrive in the early hours and would no doubt be of great benifit to those that have endured 2-sectors from the UK/Europe or a 14-hour flight from the US. I think it warrants some thought.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 5:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"What is the concensus on such a facility in SYD given that the majority of flights arrive in the early hours and would no doubt be of great benifit to those that have endured 2-sectors from the UK/Europe or a 14-hour flight from the US. I think it warrants some thought"

I don't think so. Those connecting onwards have likely got lounge access and SYD is a short hop to the city. I don't really see a benefit

Dave
Old Apr 21, 2004, 1:01 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
...Apart from being able to freshen up when you feel like crap after a long flight...
Old Apr 21, 2004, 4:49 pm

Programs: QF Silver, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors
But there are showers in T1 both in departures & arrivals so why the need for a lounge?
Old Apr 22, 2004, 5:37 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by goosegreen
But there are showers in T1 both in departures & arrivals so why the need for a lounge?

But those are opened to the great unwashed.

Erk, common people.....
Old Apr 22, 2004, 6:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by shillard
But those are opened to the great unwashed.

Erk, common people.....
Even worse. They can be used by the great unshowered...ewwwww

At London, I would say that would be on average a much longer time between leaving the airport and getting to destination compared to Sydney. Those who would be eligable to use the lounge who are flying out further that day , would have access to showers in the departure QF Lounges

Dave
Old Apr 22, 2004, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Yes, but one must consider that, as most flights arrive in the early morning, there is a chance that one's hotel room will not be available on arrival, at which point, it would be nice to have a shower facility. In addition, are those needing to go straight to work when leaving the airport.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 11:15 pm

Programs: QF Silver, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Even worse. They can be used by the great unshowered...ewwwww
Dave
Which reminds me of the last time I was at the baggage carousel. No one ever told me to pack a peg! There was a man...well...I shouldn't really go into it cos it's quite revolting but let me just say that it involved butt cleavage, pants that weren't quite in the right place & the end of a 14 hr overnight flight.
Old Apr 23, 2004, 1:27 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Thanks so much for sharing that with us goosegreen.

I think the correct term is "builders crack"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.