Search

Changing red E-deal tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2016, 11:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Changing red E-deal tickets?

I have just tried to change a Red e-deal ticket (domestic) and even though there are Red e-deal fares available on the new date, the system insists on using a Flex bucket (thus creating a fare difference) + a change fee of AUD 88.

Is this correct?

It costs me more to change a ticket than simply ditching a ticket and start again? Fair enough if that's the case but if it's a mistake, I'd rather know about it.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

How much did you pay for your ticket and what is the price of current red e deals ?

The new fare has to be at least as high as the original fare

If there are red e deals at the same price or higher, then I would call Qantas and query the repricing
Old Jun 24, 2016, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
How much did you pay for your ticket and what is the price of current red e deals ?

The new fare has to be at least as high as the original fare

If there are red e deals at the same price or higher, then I would call Qantas and query the repricing
Thanks for your response. The fares are exactly the same.

I shall call them to query them, because it'd be cheaper not to bother rebooking if they are going to put it in the Flex bucket.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

It turned out to be a technical issue to do with their website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.