Search

AKL-SYD,MEL,BNE - $95NZD OneWay Sale

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2015, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
AKL-SYD,MEL,BNE - $95NZD OneWay Sale

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...-Fares:lang:en

Looks like Qantas is doing $95NZD one-way fares on the Tasman Today, not bad for fares that include food,drink.

Any chance this will spark an small fare war for the rest of the week?
Old Nov 15, 2015, 12:20 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...-Fares:lang:en

Looks like Qantas is doing $95NZD one-way fares on the Tasman Today, not bad for fares that include food,drink.

Any chance this will spark an small fare war for the rest of the week?
Not likely, given it is only for 24 hours, and only between limited ports.

Dave
Old Nov 15, 2015, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thadocta
Not likely, given it is only for 24 hours, and only between limited ports.
NZ has always previously undercut Qantas sales on the Tasman, even if its only an 24 hour Sale. Which often gets the other party to react/exend
Old Nov 15, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
I saw this at 12:03 this morning.
Very limited travel period so not too useful for me, I also suspect one of the quieter periods to travel as well.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
As much as I dislike the 738's TT it is a good price and I'm looking at Akl-Syd for June.

I have a flight in credit which I could put towards this but even with a return leg I'm still going to have credit left in that flight. What happens to the rest of that credit? I think it's around the $700 mark and I know I'll pay for booking through the contact centre - only way to get the credited flight back into the system as far as I know, and I'll have to pay the reissue fee, and probably some other fee.

Do I get to use left over $ towards another flight in the future?
Or is it more like - you forfeit any unused $?
And it was for a flight originating from Akl, but would the credit extend to using it for Syd-Akl leg also?
Could I use left over credit for another person on the same flight?

Last edited by NZbutterfly; Nov 15, 2015 at 4:21 pm
Old Nov 15, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
What a surprise - the website isn't processing it.... anyone else actually successful in booking from NZ?
Old Nov 15, 2015, 9:45 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
What a surprise - the website isn't processing it.... anyone else actually successful in booking from NZ?
I was working last night and couldn't get the website to process when the fares went on sale. Kept getting an error message. After 40min on hold with QF they managed to book a fare for me over the phone. They said it's because the prices are released at 00:00 NZ time but inventory not until 00:00 SYD time. But even later in the morning it wasn't working - so that excuse doesn't fly. At about 11:30am NZ time the website started working properly and I booked another one online.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:57 am

Programs: QF Gold, NZ *G, TK Elite *G
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
I was working last night and couldn't get the website to process when the fares went on sale. Kept getting an error message. After 40min on hold with QF they managed to book a fare for me over the phone. They said it's because the prices are released at 00:00 NZ time but inventory not until 00:00 SYD time. But even later in the morning it wasn't working - so that excuse doesn't fly. At about 11:30am NZ time the website started working properly and I booked another one online.
I booked an AKL-MEL about 11:30pm MEL time (1:30am NZ time) and the website was working fine. No issues whatsoever.

There must have been a lot of $95 fares released as availability is still wide open. Would have expected them to have sold out by now

Last edited by pepsi1336; Nov 16, 2015 at 1:02 am
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:29 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by pepsi1336
There must have been a lot of $95 fares released as availability is still wide open. Would have expected them to have sold out by now
They certainly have sold out AKL-SYD in the first week of the promo.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pepsi1336
I booked an AKL-MEL about 11:30pm MEL time (1:30am NZ time) and the website was working fine. No issues whatsoever.

I wonder if it was the 11:30pm departure/ 05:30am arrival in Auckland, that put people off? I didn't bother because of that.

Looks like they have Asia on sale for the next 95 hours ex-AKL,CHC,WLG from $995 return.

looks like NZ finally caught up, looks like AKL-SYD,CHC-BNE,AKL-OOL,CHC-OOL,AKL-MCY,WLG-SYD,CHC-MEL,WLG-MEL are all coming up this morning.

I'm guessing the OOL,BNE are going to be during schoolies next week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.