Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Question re Qantas / Emirates code share

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question re Qantas / Emirates code share

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2016, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AndrewT84
My dad accidentally booked a QF operated flight under the EK code (AKL-MEL). Other than Qantas' program, do you guys know where else I can credit this to? Or rather, what the best place to credit this to? Doesn't look like there's too many options..
A flight marketed by one airline, operated by a second and crediting the ff miles to a third airline's ffp is always problematic. Unless all 3 are in the same alliance or a specific ffp rule. Such as EK operated QF marketed flights can be credited to AA ffp or BA ffp for example.
But with EK marketed and QF operated I think you are stuck with QF or EK.
AS is a ff partner on both EK & QF, but have not seen anything on getting AS miles for this situation.
http://www.wheretocredit.com/emirates

Last edited by Mwenenzi; May 13, 2016 at 1:39 am Reason: corrected marketed
Old May 12, 2016, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by og
Your attitude is quite the opposite of what you'd normally expect on FT!
With his ticket saving he can afford his own booze now and won't need all the freebies in the lounge!

Nice to see that attitude I agree!

Happy flying!
Old May 12, 2016, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
A flight operated by one airline, operated by a second and crediting the ff miles to a third airline's ffp is always problematic. Unless all 3 are in the same alliance or a specific ffp rule. Such as EK operated QF marketed flights can be credited to AA ffp or BA ffp for example.
But with EK marketed and QF operated I think you are stuck with QF or EK.
AS is a ff partner on both EK & QF, but have not seen anything on getting AS miles for this situation.
http://www.wheretocredit.com/emirates
Bummer that's what I thought. This flight number wasn't eligible under AS's program so I guess I gotta figure out whether EK or QF is better for me when it comes to redemptions and possible transfer partners to top up the account. Thanks for the feedback and link!
Old May 22, 2016, 7:32 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Hi,

Are you allowed to purchase a QF ticket/ flight # on EK metal, then

a) switch to EK FF# to earn with EK on exiting the QF or EK lounge? After you've used services. Asked on EK forum but they said pretty much no but to check here for QF lounge. Similar to what you might do with using an NZ lounge but switching to VA earn which doesn't seem to be a problem.

b) can you upgrade using EK points on EK metal with QF flight #?
Old May 23, 2016, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
Hi,

Are you allowed to purchase a QF ticket/ flight # on EK metal, then

a) switch to EK FF# to earn with EK on exiting the QF or EK lounge? After you've used services. Asked on EK forum but they said pretty much no but to check here for QF lounge. Similar to what you might do with using an NZ lounge but switching to VA earn which doesn't seem to be a problem.

b) can you upgrade using EK points on EK metal with QF flight #?
Yes you can buy QF8xxx on EK metal outright without restrictions if its available.

A) booking on QF code will ensure a lower earn if it is being credited to skywards. It is the same logic in reverse. Gate change of FFP is up to you anyways, there's nothing stopping you doing that.

B) Probably not. buying a QF code essentially means you are now buying a QF flight. EK points cannot be used to upgrade QF flights ime.
Old May 24, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by lowjhg
Yes you can buy QF8xxx on EK metal outright without restrictions if its available.

A) booking on QF code will ensure a lower earn if it is being credited to skywards. It is the same logic in reverse. Gate change of FFP is up to you anyways, there's nothing stopping you doing that.

B) Probably not. buying a QF code essentially means you are now buying a QF flight. EK points cannot be used to upgrade QF flights ime.
Hmmm painful decisions coming up - thank you!
Old May 24, 2016, 8:46 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
You can credit to EK.
Old May 27, 2016, 12:48 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Velocity + Miles & More
Originally Posted by peck
Thanks guys. It's an Emirates flight number. I saved a couple of hundred pounds in total so it seems fair not to have lounge access etc
Yes no points and no lounge access but you did save money.^
Old May 27, 2016, 1:47 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Suspect only QF (where it will only earn points, not SCs) and EK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.