Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong International Business Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong International Business Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2014, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
[aside]
That's why on this forum I generally use letters, not numbers to indicate the month. (e.g. Jan 12, 2015)
[/aside]
Old Dec 9, 2014, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by madrooster
Originally Posted by og
The USA is not 100% consistent on use of month / day / year. For example, the US Customs form uses date / month / year.
Not as of April 2014. The form now uses month/day/year.
What a seriously retrograde step.

It used to be that both the I-94 and the customs form used month/day/year. The I-94 was then changed to day/month/year, presumably acknowledging that this would be more familiar to most aliens visiting from Planet Earth. The customs form remained month/day/year for a long time, so the two forms used different formats; but ultimately the customs form was also changed to day/month/year.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 5:31 pm

Any idea if the QF HKG Lounge will be serving special Christmas treats besides cookies?

According to the Ausbt article, guests will have special gingerbread cookies at all overseas lounges. The QF Lounge at SIN sounds like it has a larger spread.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-serve...n=home-flipper
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Any idea if the QF HKG Lounge will be serving special Christmas treats besides cookies?

According to the Ausbt article, guests will have special gingerbread cookies at all overseas lounges. The QF Lounge at SIN sounds like it has a larger spread.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-serve...n=home-flipper
wasn't anything in there this morning when I went there for breakfast if that counts...
Old Dec 24, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I was there on the 23rd. Gingerbread men, some Christmas cocktail, and some Xmas chocolates made the rounds. Very good and attentive service from staff.

On a side note, why do they not advise more prominently, the food on offer at the bar, with a menu like the SIN lounge?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 8:30 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
I have a 2pm exHKG flight on MH tomorrow. Will check out QF as well as some CX lounges - last year the Bridge had a really nice large gingerbread house.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 7:04 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
The skyteam lounge in Hong Kong has just opened. One of the airlines using the Qantas lounge during the day was KLM. Does anyone know which other airlines aside from QF and BA use this lounge?

I'm wondering if the opening of the skyteam lounge will affect the opening hours of the QF lounge.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:50 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by sxc
The skyteam lounge in Hong Kong has just opened. One of the airlines using the Qantas lounge during the day was KLM. Does anyone know which other airlines aside from QF and BA use this lounge?

I'm wondering if the opening of the skyteam lounge will affect the opening hours of the QF lounge.
I can probably check up on it in a month's time, although the lounge is pretty much a ghost town in the early afternoon.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:29 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
I can probably check up on it in a month's time, although the lounge is pretty much a ghost town in the early afternoon.
One of the reasons I like it
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:57 am

Programs: CX Gold, QF Bronze
Does anyone knows that the additional dining options (Plate of the Day, Spice Temple BBQ Bar, Dim Sum Trolley) got extended hours due to introduction of the second HKG-SYD flight QF118 (departs 9:35PM on Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu)?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 4:50 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by derek2010
Does anyone knows that the additional dining options (Plate of the Day, Spice Temple BBQ Bar, Dim Sum Trolley) got extended hours due to introduction of the second HKG-SYD flight QF118 (departs 9:35PM on Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu)?
That's good news given that dinner catering on board will (most likely) be minimal - at the best. Thank goodness for the excellent liquid refreshments in the F WING and whatever food is offered in the QF J lounge.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 10:33 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by derek2010
Originally Posted by og
That's good news given that dinner catering on board will (most likely) be minimal - at the best. Thank goodness for the excellent liquid refreshments in the F WING and whatever food is offered in the QF J lounge.
I think this was a question and not a statement.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by sxc
I'm glad someone else did too!
Old Oct 30, 2015, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I'm glad someone else did too!
Oh good, I was starting to wonder if *I* had misread the question.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 5:09 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by sxc
Could be either. Notwithstanding, I'll be on 118 in late February so will post if not done by anyone else prior.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.