Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas chauffeur drive and Dubai connect goes live: Very impressed!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas chauffeur drive and Dubai connect goes live: Very impressed!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:42 pm

Now available to book for LAX/DFW flights (including AA issued awards in my case)

From 5 June 2013, eligible customers will be able to book the Chauffeur Drive service for Qantas international flights between Australia and Los Angeles, and Australia and Dallas, for travel from 1 July 2013.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:51 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
As much as Chauffeur Drive is loved by some, it still adds more traffic to an already traffic clogged SYD airport - diverting those who might otherwise travel by train to the airport.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 1:01 am

Programs: QF Plat, UA Silver, VS Silver, Hilton Gold
Do Qantas provide a limo if travelling on a QF flight number but Emirates flight from Europe - Aus via Dubai? e.g. I'm planning on booking a Gla-Dubai-Mel all QF flight numbers, but Gla-Dubai leg will obviously be on an Emirates plane. I know Emirates would provide a limo to GLA airport for those booked on Emirates flight number, but would Qantas? I didnt see anything this specific on the QF website... only talks about LHR etc from what I can see. thanks. (flights are in Business class)
Old Jun 5, 2013, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by qf unfort
Do Qantas provide a limo if travelling on a QF flight number but Emirates flight from Europe - Aus via Dubai? e.g. I'm planning on booking a Gla-Dubai-Mel all QF flight numbers, but Gla-Dubai leg will obviously be on an Emirates plane. I know Emirates would provide a limo to GLA airport for those booked on Emirates flight number, but would Qantas? I didnt see anything this specific on the QF website... only talks about LHR etc from what I can see. thanks. (flights are in Business class)
EK will provide you the service, you should be able to book it through EK's Manage My Booking.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Now available to book for LAX/DFW flights (including AA issued awards in my case)
thanks. just checked my QF94 upcoming flight for this month. Connecting to SYD. CHauffeur drive now showing in manage my booking.^^^

not yet eligible on the LAX end. Guess as of July 1st as stated in the T&C. No big deal as I am staying at an airport hotel.

are we expected/supposed to tip the driver in SYD?

Last edited by jmw2323; Jun 12, 2013 at 3:28 pm
Old Jul 8, 2013, 1:56 pm

I'm taking QF94 later this month. It departs LAX at 11.30pm. How flexible is the pickup time? Is that just between myself and the service company? I'd like to get to the airport early in the morning around 8am, meet a buddy coming in for the day, show him the sites in a rental car, then leave after dropping him at his hotel and returning the car. This will save me from reserving my usual ride to LAX. Thoughts?
Old Jul 8, 2013, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by jmw2323
are we expected/supposed to tip the driver in SYD?
No need to tip the driver in Sydney.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 4:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by ghostboy
No need to tip the driver in Sydney.
too late. already done on june 27th. Oh well.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:00 pm

Programs: QF Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by og
As much as Chauffeur Drive is loved by some, it still adds more traffic to an already traffic clogged SYD airport - diverting those who might otherwise travel by train to the airport.
I don't know how serious your rant is, but I doubt many flying First or Business would be catching the bus or train.
I certainly will not.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by redslert
I don't know how serious your rant is, but I doubt many flying First or Business would be catching the bus or train.
I certainly will not.
I've got a HKG-SYD F flight coming up and will be using public transport. Would be nice to have a chauffeur, but my flight just happens to be the only one (or near as) that doesn't bother with this.
Also, no problems trying out different forms of transport.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 9:03 pm

Programs: QF, EK
Originally Posted by og
I am thankful for this new service, as I will be using it in September when I visit home, so that my 80 year old father won't insist on picking me up (as he would), so no traffic saving there. I am also using it to get to LAX for the flight out (again, no saving there as public transport sucks in LA). But I see where you're coming from.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 2:41 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
This is a great benefit from EK to QF. I'm sure AJ & co are grumbling about the pretty signifncant cost (I wonder how many use this on a daily basis) but I surely will. Just booked a flight to LAX was delighted to see the option pop up, and also that even though I fly LAX-SYD-MEL on the return they offer the service even at the end of the domestic tag. That is a really NICE enhancement and for me that does not drive, and does not get taxi fares reimbursed from an employer (all pleasure trips) I normally catch the bus (yes, I have got off 15 hours in F and onto the skybus... !!) so this will really be nice.

Real question - I am sure when you exit customs at an international gateway like SYD or MEL they are at the meeting point in int arrivals.. how about for domestic - anyone know?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by RichardMEL
Real question - I am sure when you exit customs at an international gateway like SYD or MEL they are at the meeting point in int arrivals.. how about for domestic - anyone know?
When you go to select to book for such an arival it will show pick up for the SYD-MEL segment. So they'll be hanging out in the baggage collection hall I guess.

Perhaps you could confirm with a 'phone call after booking.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:57 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Oh Serfty you expect me to call when I have FT?

yeah I did look at the booking page and you can put all that stuff in so I'll see how it goes. Just with my sight I'm more concerned I will miss them more than anything else!!!
Old Jul 18, 2013, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Data Point: Not working for AA Explorer Award ticket, DFW-SYD QF008

I don't know how you other AA award flyers were able to book. I've been trying to book Chauffer drive for several months on the website and always got an error, "Customise Your Journey is currently unavailable. Please contact Customer Support."

I've tried logging into Manage My Booking using both my AA reference number and my Qantas reference number and always fail to get past the above error message.

Today (July 18th) I called Qantas and asked to book via phone, since I can't get the website to work, and they told me my ticket was ineligible for CD since it's an AA award ticket and starts with a 001. I asked the agent to point me to the place where it says I'm not eligible and he pointed me to the CD Terms and Conditions. "Reservations for Chauffeur Drive through Qantas can only be made for flights booked as part of a Qantas ticket (starting with ticket number 081), at destinations where the Chauffer Drive service is offered."

Anyone know a magic trick to get this to work?

Note that DFW-SYD is only 1 leg on my explorer award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.