Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas chauffeur drive and Dubai connect goes live: Very impressed!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas chauffeur drive and Dubai connect goes live: Very impressed!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: QFF
US DM issued ticket, was able to book CD using the direct link. Lets see if it sticks.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by somebol
US DM issued ticket, was able to book CD using the direct link. Lets see if it sticks.
Same here - there is a link in MMB and it shows the flights that qualify

Will be handy after arriving at LHR
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:00 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Just on arriving at LHR.. I was MOST impressed with the service there. We landed early, and I was through immigration and customs in let's say 20 minutes (~19 minutes wait in the "Fast Track" joke) then out the exit, walk forward, to the left to the desk, I barely get my surname out they call a number, driver pops up, gives me a bottle of water and off we go. I was in Kennsington 30min after leaving LHR around 1pm. Fantastic.

on the return I was picked up by the most spruiced up Merc I've ever seen... "fully sick" lol
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:14 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, LH FTL, QR Silver, Hilton Diamond
Hello!
Can anybody confirm recent successful CD (not only a booking in MMB but also the real drive) with QF F on AA or US award ticket? I will be flying QF in F (Feb 2015) and was able to select CD in MMB.
Thanks!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:18 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Lucentis
Hello!
Can anybody confirm recent successful CD (not only a booking in MMB but also the real drive) with QF F on AA or US award ticket? I will be flying QF in F (Feb 2015) and was able to select CD in MMB.
Thanks!
100% certain it won't happen on QF Trans Pacific flights no matter which code or whose points.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 4:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by og
100% certain it won't happen on QF Trans Pacific flights no matter which code or whose points.
The OP didn't say that he was travelling on a Trans Pacific flight

if the Chauffeur Drive has been booked, then I would be surprised if there was an issue
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:05 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The OP didn't say that he was travelling on a Trans Pacific flight
Correct - the OP didn't state which flight they were interested in.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by og
Correct - the OP didn't state which flight they were interested in.
He did say he had been able to book it in MMB which wouldn't occur with a US trip I believe
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:17 pm

He did say he had been able to book it in MMB which wouldn't occur with a US trip I believe
Correct - I will be flying on QF9/10. Thanks, I will see.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 12:00 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:11 pm
RG1

Programs: QF, AA
Unhappy

The below was posted on another forum.

Just thought I would add my recent and only experience with CD for a trip from LHR connecting through SYD to CBR in F/J.

In LHR I had it booked for pickup 4 hours prior to departure at 17:15, with a printout of the confirmation screen in my travel compendium. The time comes and there is no driver. After a call to Qantas in Australia I get a taxi to the airport. I'm now dealing with Carey in the UK trying to get the £83 taxi fare reimbursed. There was no phone call from Carey the day prior to travel and it turns out they had the wrong time noted down.

The DXB-SYD leg was delayed and the SYD-CBR flight is rebooked. On arrival in CBR there is no driver. A call to Qantas and they admit they failed to notify the chauffeur company in CBR of my changed flight so the driver thought I was a no-show. Sent feedback through the web form that day (4/12) asking for compensation for the service failure in CBR and am waiting for a response.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:20 am

Last week I booked Chauffeur Drive for an upcoming QF booked trip albeit mainly on EK in January via MMB. Received confirmation email from QF for all applicable legs of the journey. How quickly does that info pass over to EK? If I check on the EK MMB screen it shows that I am entitled to cars but none have been booked.
I have plenty of time before we travel but would have expected the info to be showing by now in the EK system.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:23 pm

Hello!
Thanks!
Used this service at the end of November on a USDM award booking, pick up on time in a superb Mercedes, pleasant driver, but a long 2 hr trip across London in evening rush hour, so leave plenty of time.
Only booked the service couple of weeks before travel, wasn't available before then in MMB.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by modjo
Used this service at the end of November on a USDM award booking, pick up on time in a superb Mercedes, pleasant driver, but a long 2 hr trip across London in evening rush hour, so leave plenty of time.
Only booked the service couple of weeks before travel, wasn't available before then in MMB.
Cool, that are good news ^. Thanks!
Old Dec 23, 2014, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Cool, that are good news ^. Thanks!
I'm flying on QF in F on 24/12 using AA mileage and had a phone call this morning confirming the car pick up tomorrow morning. Hopefully the car will arrive!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.