Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Reserve massage etc. in Qantas First Class lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reserve massage etc. in Qantas First Class lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:44 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chris1979
Wow!

I didn't know that - otherwise I wouldn't have called.

I was going to turn up today and ask for one but a local friend advised to call ahead. So I had a look on here, found the number and called.

so much for this being a friendly place to share info!
You must have missed all the references to it being a QF F benefit only?

I can only imagine the horror on the BA board had the example had been in the reverse.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by m0hamed
You must have missed all the references to it being a QF F benefit only?

I can only imagine the horror on the BA board had the example had been in the reverse.
didn't see anywhere in this thread that it was a QF F only benefit (and no, I didn't spend a long time searching whether it was or not - I knew the QF F lounge offered massages and a friend of mine told me to pre-book). Last time I used it (albeit 4 years ago), didn't have a problem getting a massage even though I was "only" flying BA F. I don't think it was pre-booked though - think I just asked for a slot at the lounge reception.

I think we are actually a pretty friendly bunch over on the BA Forum (and in think that applies to FT in general) though there will always be storms in tea cups when someone suggests something "wrong" (mostly very very first-world problems). Part of the reason for my post was to mention that the policy is to not pre-book appointments for other airlines in case someone else searches and comes across this thread.

All good. Happy Flying.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
chris1979 - the massage is not a QF F only benefit - but the ability to reserve it in advance is (supposedly).

Anyways - I'm not fussed about this... glad you managed to get a massage and enjoy it (makes up for the times as a QF F passenger I haven't been able to get one because they've been 'booked out').
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:10 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Fair call. Generally, other airline F pax (BA, EK) as well as OWE members must book on arrival at reception. This ensures that QF F pax have priority.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by serfty
If you are booked in F and have not been contacted by early afternoon the day before, I'd suggest you call them - there may be some issues with your contact details.

Airport Lounges at Melbourne International Airport | Qantas

Airport Lounges at Sydney International Airport | Qantas
somewhat silly question but never having done QF f before i streched my connection in MEL to take advantage of the spa....and be on a flt JFK-LAX during the day.

I'll be in F from LAX...now I depart on the 24th but land on the 26th. which day do they ACTUALLY call?

Last edited by VSLover; Jan 14, 2015 at 9:41 am Reason: clarity
Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by VSLover
somewhat silly question but never having done QF f before i streched my connection in MEL to take advantage of the spa....and be on a flt JFK-LAX during the day.

I'll be in F from LAX...now I depart on the 24th but land on the 26th. which day do they ACTUALLY call?
You are flying from US to Australia? Are you departing on an international flight from Melbourne?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP

If I understand your itinerary correctly, you won't have access to the F Lounge in MEL. It's airside in the international terminal, and you won't have access after arriving from LAX, unless you are connecting to another international flight.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by deeruck
If I understand your itinerary correctly, you won't have access to the F Lounge in MEL. It's airside in the international terminal, and you won't have access after arriving from LAX, unless you are connecting to another international flight.
Good questions (thanks!) I will be going MEL-SYD-WLG. Will this prohibit access because the first leg is on to SYD? I guess I mean is there no airside connection between T1 and T2?

If so, I still have 2hrs to pass in SYD before going on to WLG...so I would be able to access the lounge there at least for a service?

Last edited by VSLover; Jan 15, 2015 at 10:51 am Reason: clarity
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:41 am

Good questions (thanks!) I will be going MEL-SYD-WLG. Will this prohibit access because the first leg is on to SYD? I guess I mean is there no airside connection between T1 and T2?
Correct, there is no airside connection. I'm not sure of the reason, but I suspect it is primarily because Australia conducts outbound immigration screening.

If so, I still have 2hrs to pass in SYD before going on to WLG...so I would be able to access the lounge there at least for a service?
I'm not sure of the answer to this. The oneworld Lounge Access Rules refer to connecting from an international long-haul flight to an international short-haul flight providing access. Strict interpretation of your situation suggests your BA Silver card would get you into the J lounge only.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:55 am

Correct, there is no airside connection. I'm not sure of the reason, but I suspect it is primarily because Australia conducts outbound immigration screening.

I'm not sure of the answer to this. The oneworld Lounge Access Rules refer to connecting from an international long-haul flight to an international short-haul flight providing access. Strict interpretation of your situation suggests your BA Silver card would get you into the J lounge only.
so aside from being on a same day intl F ticket (though it will be inbound from LAX) and also being OWE via american executive plat, i should be ok though yes?

thanks again all!
Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

so aside from being on a same day intl F ticket (though it will be inbound from LAX) and also being OWE via american executive plat, i should be ok though yes?

thanks again all!
With OWE status , you will be able to access the 1st class lounge in Sydney, however you cannot book services in advance

At sydney, you will need to change terminals which involves a bus ride plus will have to go through passport control and security at the international terminal, With a 2 hour connection time, I would doubt that there would be a chance for anything other than a bite to eat in the lounge
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver

OK, you are an EXP booked LAX-xMEL-xSYD-WLG travelling First between MEL and LAX.

As an Emerald, you will have First lounge access at SYD, but since there is no QF First Class between SYD and WLG there would be no call for spa bookings in any case.

If I were you I would see if I can get an earlier flight MEL-SYD - that would give you more opportunity to access a spa booking at SYD.

It can take 30+ minutes to transfer from SYD T3 to SYD T1 airside and the WLG flight will commence boarding ~40 minutes before scheduled departure - all that cuts into time available to be spent in the SYD Flounge.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:38 pm

!
Sorry, missed the AA Exp under your username...
Old Jan 18, 2015, 5:06 am

Sorry, missed the AA Exp under your username...
how could you!?? kidding. and by the time this trip comes later in feb, i'll double down with a BA Gold too

thank you all for your input!

so excited for (1) first trip to australia, (2) QF F and (3) RTW booking. your guidance is helpful.

i am trying to get an earlier flt MEL-SYD now, we shall see.

last question (well 2 questions): now i am also QF first SYD-DXB-LHR on QF1. is the SYD spa worth having the car dump me at the airport a few extra hours early?

and any tips on the DXB layover we have for a few hours?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 5:28 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

3 hours is good enough in the SYD F lounge to have a few drinks, a several course meal and a spa treatment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.